Conservative Party of Canada Leadership Race Megathread-May 27th 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:27:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Conservative Party of Canada Leadership Race Megathread-May 27th 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will some candidates drop out of the race in order to stop O'Leary from winning?
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Conservative Party of Canada Leadership Race Megathread-May 27th 2017  (Read 102443 times)
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« on: January 17, 2017, 06:39:20 AM »

Scheer is going to wind up as the Jeb! of this race. 
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 04:36:25 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2017, 04:42:30 PM by clash »

I'm a registered Liberal, but I love Michael Chong.

You're in luck, you'll probably be sharing a party with him soon. I expect Chong will pull a Jack Horner/David Orchard and cross the floor after he's crushed at the convention. It's the best move for his career.
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 05:31:10 PM »

Having watched the Halifax debate on YouTube...I think, if I had a vote in this election, I would definitely cast my first-preference vote for Obhrai

His main issue is French. At the Quebec City debate, he read a declaration in "French" (it sounded more like some sounds vaguely sounding French and was incomprehensible).

Very unfortunate, that. He seems really personable and likable, with an interesting life story and stances that are acceptable to every wing of the party Sad

Ohbrai as leader would be a hilarious disaster. Forget about Ontario, the Conservatives would have to contest Alberta. With that in mind, I wholeheartedly endorse his campaign.
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 02:58:29 AM »

How should Grits and Dippers be feeling tonight?

Grits are very pleased. Scheer has regularly been described as a "nicer Stephen Harper."

Well, they shouldn't be. Harper won three consecutive federal elections and would have won a fourth if he had smiled a bit more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies