Controversy Surrounds Billboard Up in Detroit.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:57:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Controversy Surrounds Billboard Up in Detroit.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Controversy Surrounds Billboard Up in Detroit.  (Read 9048 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2015, 05:45:16 AM »
« edited: October 23, 2015, 05:46:54 AM by LibertarianRepublican »

What do Atlasians think of this?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/controversial-billboard-that-reads-america-first-over-israel-put-up-in-detroit
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:48:28 AM »

Common sense? Why is this controversial?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 05:49:39 AM »

My best guess is that whatever organization put this up is pretty clearly anti-Semitic.

Oy vey.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 05:50:30 AM »

Common sense? Why is this controversial?

Because it is from the Deir Yassin Remembered group and it's in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood so when you mix the fact it's from a Palestinian group and the location you get accusations that it's Anti-Semitic (even though the people who made this are Semites LOL)
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 05:53:30 AM »

Freedom billboard.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 06:28:36 AM »

Assholes should be allowed to put up a billboard wherever assholes want to put up a billboard.  (with caveats that they shouldn't show images or phrases most people would find disgusting....a giant FU@K would be fine with me, even a Fu@k the Police would be fine, but not, say, the inside cover of a Gwar album or goatse)  And everybody else is free to call them assholes.  We shouldn't shut assholes up, it just makes it harder for them to identify themselves.  Let 'em speak, or post like the one above mine, and show themselves for what they are.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 06:41:51 AM »

Assholes should be allowed to put up a billboard wherever assholes want to put up a billboard.  (with caveats that they shouldn't show images or phrases most people would find disgusting....a giant FU@K would be fine with me, even a Fu@k the Police would be fine, but not, say, the inside cover of a Gwar album or goatse)  And everybody else is free to call them assholes.  We shouldn't shut assholes up, it just makes it harder for them to identify themselves.  Let 'em speak, or post like the one above mine, and show themselves for what they are.

I'm hardly one to talk given my often abrasive nature on this forum, but this is certainly humorous coming from you, dead0.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 09:23:43 AM »

I'm an asshole and have never denied it.  I let my asshole flag fly high and proud!

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 09:40:27 AM »

user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 09:42:27 AM »

Well they are right. If it was any other nation besides Israel everyone would agree.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 11:21:36 AM »

Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 02:37:04 PM »

Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 02:46:41 PM »

How terrible. Thankfully, America's support for Israel is as strong as ever and shows no signs of abating.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 03:04:30 PM »

Deir Yassin sounds vaguely German (I don't know who they are), so I bet that's controversial. But the First Amendment clearly protects speech like this, so at the end of the day it doesn't matter if it's controversial or not.

Also it clearly says "America First, Not Israel", it does not say "America first over Israel". Stupid media thinking they can just change small things whenever they want.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 04:25:00 PM »

Well they are right. If it was any other nation besides Israel everyone would agree.

Or if the billboard was in any other nation besides the United States everyone would agree.  Having said that we need more billboards like this one.  See my signature for why.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 05:51:07 PM »

Deir Yassin sounds vaguely German (I don't know who they are), so I bet that's controversial. But the First Amendment clearly protects speech like this, so at the end of the day it doesn't matter if it's controversial or not.

Also it clearly says "America First, Not Israel", it does not say "America first over Israel". Stupid media thinking they can just change small things whenever they want.

Deir Yassin has been a massacre of Palestinian people (120 of them) by Irgun (a zionist militia) in 1948. It's quite a controvertial subject, as you can imagine.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 06:22:46 PM »

Or if the billboard was in any other nation besides the United States everyone would agree.  Having said that we need more billboards like this one.  See my signature for why.

Nice out-of-context quote, completely ignoring my actual point. Very characteristic of most professional Israel-critics - twist the facts as much as possible to demonize Israel and its supporters.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 04:28:10 PM »

dumb billboard. It doesn't make any sense. First in what context?  What is the issue they want people to act or not act on?
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2015, 09:49:17 PM »

I find it ironic and funny how the supporters of Zionist racism are actually trying to argue against this, as if Israel is even 1/10th as important as the USA.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2015, 09:50:19 PM »

dumb billboard. It doesn't make any sense. First in what context?  What is the issue they want people to act or not act on?

Jonathan Pollard is an example of someone putting Israel ahead of America.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 03:40:12 AM »

Worth recalling that the former (current? British poster fill me in) head of DYR was Paul Eisen was is an avowed Holocaust denier. Unless the British DYR is somehow independent of the American DYR.

The message of the sign is correct; America should take of America, Israel should take care of Israel. Does sound uncomfortably close to the America First Committee though.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2015, 04:15:56 AM »

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »

I find it ironic and funny how the supporters of Zionist racism are actually trying to argue against this, as if Israel is even 1/10th as important as the USA.

That's a false dichotomy that the dead-jews lobby has tried to create for quite some time, pretending that the two are diametrically opposed. They've long fantasized about transforming Israel into an enemy of the US.

But for the record, Israel's existence > America's convenience.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2015, 09:39:27 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2015, 10:10:16 AM by Schadenfreude »

dumb billboard. It doesn't make any sense. First in what context?  What is the issue they want people to act or not act on?

Jonathan Pollard is an example of someone putting Israel ahead of America.

Yeah.  Ridiculous we give these people $3 Billion a year and have to put up with their nonsense regarding Pollard.  That doesn't even count the other $4.5 Billion we bribe every other country that borders Israel.  Over 18% of our foreign aid goes to that small sliver of the planet.

And what do we get for thanks?  See my signature.  That type of brainwashing and propaganda should be combated.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2015, 09:45:57 AM »

That's a false dichotomy that the dead-jews lobby has tried to create for quite some time, pretending that the two are diametrically opposed. They've long fantasized about transforming Israel into an enemy of the US.

But for the record, Israel's existence > America's convenience.

Sounds like a terrorist group from "Life of Brian".
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies