Controversy Surrounds Billboard Up in Detroit. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:52:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Controversy Surrounds Billboard Up in Detroit. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Controversy Surrounds Billboard Up in Detroit.  (Read 9123 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: October 25, 2015, 10:28:02 AM »

"America First" is a slogan from an odious Nazi-sympathizing organization.  
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 10:47:26 AM »

So it's now suddenly Israel's fault that Israel is surrounded by hostile countries that require billions of dollars in foreign aid to not attempt to exterminate six million more Jews. Gotcha.
Considering that Israel is a country created by Zionists settling in territory that prior to the Zionist movement had been largely populated to Arabs, I'd say it is indeed Israel's fault that it is surrounded by hostile countries. While that doesn't excuse that hostility or the potential results of it, it certainly explains it.

I'm not really sure what the alternative was supposed to be? Most of the other proposals were hilariously colonialist ideas that would have likely failed, or ideas that essentially amounted to deportation to a far-off hellhole at the mercy of a hostile power. And staying put certainly wasn't an option, given the murder sprees targeting the small remaining population in Europe. So if it's anyone's fault, I would say it's Europe's for forcing them into that situation.

There's the United States, Europe post-Holocaust (lol @ "murder sprees! jews! Sad Sad Sad") or really anywhere else. I don't know how disconnected from reality you are, Rubio Republican, but seeing as you're literally blaming Europe for the Jews choosing to go to Palestine and antagonizing literally every single one of their neighbors, I'm going to guess that this is a pretty bad case.

Please read this. Facts matter.

The anti-Israel crowd really has no respect for the facts or the history.  For them, Jews are colonialist, white, European oppressors and Palestinians are virtuous victims.  They don't want to know the actual history, lest it corrupt their pure hatred of the Jewish state.

Listen, if you were a Polish Jew, you had lived through the holocaust, you were homeless because Polish people took your house, you were experiencing awful anti-Semitism and pogroms, and you saw the specter of Soviet domination and oppression, what would you do?  You'd want to GTFO!!!  Right!?

And, where could you go?  We didn't have awesome magic open liberal immigration.  Europe was in ruins and didn't want a bunch of refugees.  America had strict limits on immigration between the 1920s and 1960s.  Israel was the best option for most Jewish refugees at the time.  And, it made sense.  In light of the holocaust and the history of the Jewish people, you have to understand that establishment of a Jewish state was seen as the only way forward. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies