With Ted Cruz - Slow And Steady Wins The Race? Iowa.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:27:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  With Ted Cruz - Slow And Steady Wins The Race? Iowa.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: With Ted Cruz - Slow And Steady Wins The Race? Iowa.  (Read 1709 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2015, 01:36:58 AM »
« edited: October 24, 2015, 01:40:35 AM by LibertarianRepublican »

When Cruz announced his Presidential campaign on March 23rd, he was polling around 6% and ever since then he's been crawling up albeit slowly in Iowa to where he's at now which is 9.5% but he is gaining some momentum. Is this going to turn out to be the tortoise (Cruz) versus the hare (Trump and Carson)?

Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 02:07:33 AM »

Sure, at this rate he'll have a full 11% of the vote by the time Iowa rolls around.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 02:57:52 AM »

Cruz is my pick to win IA at this point
Angel of Death
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 08:15:32 AM »

If that happens, the Republican race will descend into an even bigger chaos than it's already in.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 10:29:09 AM »

If Cruz wins, the establishment will be forced to back Rand or Rubio since Carson and Trump will be there to win other states.

Huh
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 10:30:38 AM »

If Cruz wins, the establishment will be forced to back Rand or Rubio since Carson and Trump will be there to win other states.

LOL, they would obviously back Rubio before they would come anywhere close to supporting Paul's joke of a campaign.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 12:23:58 PM »

LOL, they would obviously back Rubio before they would come anywhere close to supporting Paul's joke of a campaign.
If Rubio implodes, who will they back then?

The establishment would support Gilmore before they support Rand.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 12:26:24 PM »

Rubio > Bush > Kasich > Christie > Fiorina
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 12:27:53 PM »

Rubio > Bush > Kasich > Christie > Fiorina

This 100%. The establishment want Rand to drop out to focus on his Senate seat
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 12:45:57 PM »

Cruz has a lot of money certainty more than Rubio atp, I definitely think he's a legitimate dark horse. If/when Trump/Carson start to fade their support is most likely going to him and not Rubio.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 10:55:03 PM »

Cruz has a lot of money certainty more than Rubio atp, I definitely think he's a legitimate dark horse. If/when Trump/Carson start to fade their support is most likely going to him and not Rubio.

I agree.

Fiorina, Carson, Huckabee, Christie, Kasich and Paul can all be written off, in my opinion. Jeb is undergoing 'controlled flight into terrain', but has a small chance to still pull it out. I don't believe Trump can make it to the nomination on bluster and chutzpah alone. And I think Rubio has been over-rated, because we see Jeb failing and the idea that there is no viable establishment candidate causes cognitive dissonace.

I've been watching and listening to Rubio a lot lately, and he doesn't have "it". No fire, no charisma, nothing but an underlying quaver that makes you think he's ready to crack into pieces like an egg. And the debate plus his increasingly prominent awful record in the Senate may combine to be the hammer that smashes him. Rubio is not Obama, who was always comfortable being himself. And even if he was, he's is not running against a single overconfident bigger fish - he's in a free-for-all with sharks and parasites.

Sure, he could have his own mini-Benghazi hearings moment, but I think it more likely that an assault from Trump, Paul and Jeb may crush him.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 12:40:06 AM »

If Jeb Bush drops out, then this race becomes a fight between Carson, Cruz and Trump.
Making America Great Again
TrumpDump
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 08:12:46 AM »

I'll be honest, I like Cruz. I'd vote for him if Trump and Carson weren't running. But Trump is. And Trump will win as he always does.
yankeesfan
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 08:38:32 AM »

People are sleeping on Cruz.  He is probably the man most responsible for cultivating the anti-establishment wave that Trump and Carson are riding.
Gog
Gog3451
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 09:38:10 AM »

Kasich
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 09:40:03 AM »

Kasich

Obamacare Kasich doesn't deserve to even call himself a Conservative. He should endorse Obama for a third term through Hillary or Sanders and call it a quits. He's tainting the Republican Party.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies