Jeb: The End? or A New Beginning?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:55:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jeb: The End? or A New Beginning?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jeb: The End? or A New Beginning?  (Read 2353 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2015, 09:40:20 AM »

I seriously think Jeb Bush is on his deathbed in terms of his campaign. I would never think that he would have ads in Florida of all places. I mean you would think a couple of months ago that we were discussing the inevitability of Jeb Bush as the Republican nominee. But now we're talking about the inevitability of Donald Trump.

As a Democrat I can say the same thing. But "Establishment" Republicans of all kinds are doing badly now, with politicians of unconventional backgrounds for Presidential nominees doing so well. Jeb Bush is about as Establishment as it gets.

A publicity-hound entrepreneur? A neurosurgeon? A controversial business executive? Those seem to be the three front-runners for now. Such says much about the grassroots of the Republican Party.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If one's heart isn't in a difficult activity one usually sabotages one's effort. The exception is if one is in it only for the money and what the money will buy and has no viable alternatives, which may explain how people can stick to objectively-awful jobs like assembly-line work, mining, and food service.

Many people want Jeb Bush as President. If he doesn't really want the Presidency, then he won't get it. He has alternatives, which is very different from someone who works at the auto plant because he doesn't want his beloved motorboat repossessed or is afraid that her children will go hungry or be humiliated for wearing rags at school.

That's Psych 101 at work, the remote analysis of a complete stranger that works as a crude and simplistic explanation of Freudian psychology, a commonplace trick of journalists who could never get an interview with someone unlikely to tell what the journalists believes true, and an enjoyable parlor game. But what else do we have?

I have heard people say things like "I can't imagine how anyone can vote for" just about every politician who wins. Even Ronald Reagan after his two landslides! I go canvassing with an Obama button and someone actually tells me not only that he isn't going to vote for Obama, that he is evil and treacherous, or that he is a horrible President (in 2012) -- but that he can't imagine how anyone could ever vote for Barack Obama for President. I heard much the same about Ronald Reagan except for the "not an American" canard. 

OK, I still can't understand how people can vote for a politician whose name is all over the client book of a madam and has weird fetishes.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2015, 09:56:39 AM »

The Bush Family should turn the focus to George Prescott Bush's political future.

Quit wasting time on Mr. Low Energy.
It's precisely due to remarks like the one I just quoted,  which suggests that Jeb is not going to be so obliging. He knows by downsizing that he can hold on and if his debate performance at CNBC debate on Wednesday will be anything but "low energy", he's like Samson, he will bring the house of cards which Trump constructed down, even if he's a casualty. Does anyone not see the guy has nothing to lose and if he can take Trump out, it will be payback and a sure fire way of ensuring Trump goes no where....think "scorched earth"

The problem is Jeb Bush isn't capable of the "scorched earth" emotion. He's capable of angry and whiny, which he showed he was in South Carolina where he basically said IF I CAN'T BUY THIS ELECTION, I DON'T EVEN WANT IT. But Jeb Bush is too "nice" to do it.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2015, 11:15:53 AM »

You hope and wish MW Senator  Max, ask you something and you will probably grasp the concept to which I speak, say someone you were competing with, and that person was beating you, not on points or arguments,  but because of outrageous circumstances,  that same person started dissing not only you, but a loved one....father, daughter, son, wife or sister, making disparaging remarks about the person you cared about. Now you don't like the person and you want to hurt that person....could you do it or would you just "whine" and complain? Think of this in relative terms, I have and I can where Jeb is coming from, as somebody dissed my father once, disparaged his reputation, what was really maddening,  my dad is dead, so I really made it my mission to stick the Knife in, in retaliation....old fashioned revenge. The individual had no beef with me, but now they do and are likely waiting in the long grass for me. Jeb, as I said before, has nothing to lose and everything to gain and that's why he'll stay in....if Trump tries to lance the boil by back tracking,  it could be to late. ..if Jeb starts to gain traction, his "bad behaviour" will be rewarded and so he will just load for "bear", all he knows is if he doesn't do what he's started to do, then he's dead for sure!
bobloblaw
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2015, 05:54:26 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/24/politics/jeb-bush-campaign-donald-trump/

Too many things to quote here. Worth reading all of it. CNN paints this as a great day for Jeb, possibly a resurgence. Other places around the Internet are taking his comments as signs of him giving up. Which is it?

Does it all come down to these next two debates?

The Ruling Class desperately wants Jeb. Not just the GOPe but Wall Street, the Chamber of Commerce, Elected Officials and the Media. Even if he loses it is ok, if he wins, it is ok. What they want is predictability. What they fear are candidates like Sanders, Trump etc. Their fear is losing their position of influence in society.
bobloblaw
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2015, 05:54:59 PM »

Bravo, Jeb!.  Is Trump's average audience above or below 10,000?

They came to see Tim Scott. Not Yeb
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies