KS: Brownback approval at 18%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:40:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS: Brownback approval at 18%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: KS: Brownback approval at 18%  (Read 6479 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2015, 02:29:41 AM »

When will many Republicans realize that they don't actually like the impacts of the policies that they back on emotional and cultural reasons an start voting the other way?

Who knows

Much of the Republican Party runs on fear -- fear of a godless world.
All of the Democratic Party runs on identity politics and deceptive emotional fearmongering

All political parties do that, hon. And thank goodness they do, otherwise politics would be tedious and we would have about 3% turnout.

Actually, if check the facts, you'll see that it is limited to the Democrat party.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2015, 02:56:38 AM »

Governor Hickenlooper should run in Kansas for governor in 2018 after his term is up in Colorado, he could make a sweep in that state.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2015, 06:31:02 AM »

When will many Republicans realize that they don't actually like the impacts of the policies that they back on emotional and cultural reasons an start voting the other way?

Who knows

All of the Democratic Party runs on identity politics and deceptive emotional fearmongering

All political parties do that, hon. And thank goodness they do, otherwise politics would be tedious and we would have about 3% turnout.

Actually, if check the facts, you'll see that it is limited to the Democrat party.

Oh yes, silly me, i forgot about the FACTS
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2015, 11:19:24 AM »

Governor Hickenlooper should run in Kansas for governor in 2018 after his term is up in Colorado, he could make a sweep in that state.

A democrat who only won 49-46 over a BIRTHER in a tilt D state carpet bagging to a solid R state and winning? Sorry, not happening.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 07:02:29 PM »

This is why leftists should be shunned from the Democratic Party and Sanders booted from the primary.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2015, 10:32:09 PM »

The CNN exit poll showed 53% of Kansasn voters agreed Brownback's tax cuts hurt the state, but 11% who agreed voted for him anyway.

For some reason, Davis preformed really poorly with Hispanics, who split about evenly between the candidates with a slight lean toward Brownback.

http://www.cnn.com/election/2014/results/state/KS/governor

Clearly state issues were not the focus of this race.

The Davis campaign blew it when it came to outreach to Hispanic and African American communities. Paul Davis underperformed Obama in strong Dem, majority-minority Wyandotte County. That's a county where Dems cannot be complacent and must turn out the base. Also, in terms of Hispanic communities, the campaign did an abysmal job. I recall one particular oft repeated story I heard (it's true) while volunteering. One day, Jill Docking (Lt. Gov. candidate, '96 Senate candidate, part of a famous dynasty around here) was having a bilingual rally in Garden City, KS. Garden City is 50% Hispanic. The campaign shows up with ZERO Hispanic literature. ZERO. That same scenario played out in Dodge City and Liberal too. It was pathetic if you ask me. Absolutely pathetic.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2015, 10:59:56 PM »

As punishment for failing to beat this guy, the Kansas Democratic Party should definitely be made to disband.
DS0816
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2015, 11:16:29 PM »

This is why leftists should be shunned from the Democratic Party and Sanders booted from the primary.

Thanks for telling everyone at this site that you are actually a Republican!
DS0816
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2015, 11:17:05 PM »

They voted to reelect him. They get what they deserve.

^ W I N N E R !
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »

Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2015, 02:42:41 PM »

And yet he's still more popular than congress.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2015, 03:56:58 PM »

Brownback would lose if the election were held today, but give him a few months to run some "<insert Democratic opponent here> = Obama!!11!!" ads and the dopes in Kansas would surely re-elect him again.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2015, 08:42:59 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2015, 08:46:37 AM by Kingpoleon »

Prager really should have primaried him.

I'm crossing my fingers for William Kassebaum(R) or Joshua Svaty(D) to run against him next time.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2015, 08:49:46 AM »

I'm crossing my fingers for William Kassebaum(R) or Joshua Svaty(D) to run against him next time.

What next time? He is term limited.
bobloblaw
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2015, 10:34:35 AM »

Who knows

Given the genocide the godless committed in the 20th century, there is good reason for that.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2015, 09:49:30 AM »

William Kassebaum is virtually unknown at this point. minus the family name. His political experience is limited to a short time in the KS House. The most notable thing he's done recently was being Davis' treasurer.

Also, while Svaty would be a good candidate for office, I don't think running for governor would be a good idea. Maybe run for KS-1 to get more name recognition in 2016 and then governor in 2018 if he runs next year. However, rumor has it that Paul Davis will run again, so there's that...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2015, 05:55:27 PM »

William Kassebaum is virtually unknown at this point. minus the family name. His political experience is limited to a short time in the KS House. The most notable thing he's done recently was being Davis' treasurer.

Also, while Svaty would be a good candidate for office, I don't think running for governor would be a good idea. Maybe run for KS-1 to get more name recognition in 2016 and then governor in 2018 if he runs next year. However, rumor has it that Paul Davis will run again, so there's that...
It's not like he needs to be too well-known. Colyer would be too unpopular if he runs, and Yoder is the only more famous Republican ambitious enough to run. Kassebaum could easily win the 40% of Republicans in the primary.

VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2015, 07:50:18 PM »

It's not like he needs to be too well-known. Colyer would be too unpopular if he runs, and Yoder is the only more famous Republican ambitious enough to run. Kassebaum could easily win the 40% of Republicans in the primary.

Here's a list of GOPer's more likely to run for governor than Kassebaum:
SoS Kris Kobach
St. Sen. Garret Love
St. Sen. Michael O'Donnell (if he can beat Lynn Rogers this cycle)
AG Derek Schmidt
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2015, 11:37:28 PM »

I was being facetious, for the record.  I don't refer to it as the "Democrat party", for starters.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies