KS: Brownback approval at 18% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:10:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS: Brownback approval at 18% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS: Brownback approval at 18%  (Read 6521 times)
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« on: November 01, 2015, 10:32:09 PM »

The CNN exit poll showed 53% of Kansasn voters agreed Brownback's tax cuts hurt the state, but 11% who agreed voted for him anyway.

For some reason, Davis preformed really poorly with Hispanics, who split about evenly between the candidates with a slight lean toward Brownback.

http://www.cnn.com/election/2014/results/state/KS/governor

Clearly state issues were not the focus of this race.

The Davis campaign blew it when it came to outreach to Hispanic and African American communities. Paul Davis underperformed Obama in strong Dem, majority-minority Wyandotte County. That's a county where Dems cannot be complacent and must turn out the base. Also, in terms of Hispanic communities, the campaign did an abysmal job. I recall one particular oft repeated story I heard (it's true) while volunteering. One day, Jill Docking (Lt. Gov. candidate, '96 Senate candidate, part of a famous dynasty around here) was having a bilingual rally in Garden City, KS. Garden City is 50% Hispanic. The campaign shows up with ZERO Hispanic literature. ZERO. That same scenario played out in Dodge City and Liberal too. It was pathetic if you ask me. Absolutely pathetic.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 09:49:30 AM »

Prager really should have primaried him.

I'm crossing my fingers for William Kassebaum(R) or Joshua Svaty(D) to run against him next time.

William Kassebaum is virtually unknown at this point. minus the family name. His political experience is limited to a short time in the KS House. The most notable thing he's done recently was being Davis' treasurer.

Also, while Svaty would be a good candidate for office, I don't think running for governor would be a good idea. Maybe run for KS-1 to get more name recognition in 2016 and then governor in 2018 if he runs next year. However, rumor has it that Paul Davis will run again, so there's that...
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 07:50:18 PM »

Prager really should have primaried him.

I'm crossing my fingers for William Kassebaum(R) or Joshua Svaty(D) to run against him next time.

William Kassebaum is virtually unknown at this point. minus the family name. His political experience is limited to a short time in the KS House. The most notable thing he's done recently was being Davis' treasurer.

Also, while Svaty would be a good candidate for office, I don't think running for governor would be a good idea. Maybe run for KS-1 to get more name recognition in 2016 and then governor in 2018 if he runs next year. However, rumor has it that Paul Davis will run again, so there's that...
It's not like he needs to be too well-known. Colyer would be too unpopular if he runs, and Yoder is the only more famous Republican ambitious enough to run. Kassebaum could easily win the 40% of Republicans in the primary.

Here's a list of GOPer's more likely to run for governor than Kassebaum:
SoS Kris Kobach
St. Sen. Garret Love
St. Sen. Michael O'Donnell (if he can beat Lynn Rogers this cycle)
AG Derek Schmidt
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies