Drug log cabin advice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:59:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Drug log cabin advice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Drug log cabin advice  (Read 2269 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2015, 10:25:54 AM »

As you may know (or not), I often go hiking through the local woods and up the mountains which are quite dense and unpopulated.

Usually ...

Recently, as I was up there again, I spotted a log cabin which before was mostly unused.

But in recent weeks, I spotted a bunch of 15-18 year old kids incl. a few girls driving up there with their motorcycles and they clearly have "some fun" there.

Once I took a peak inside and it was clearly outfitted with drug stuff, mostly to smoke pot (I guess), but I'm not 100% sure since Crystal Meth is spreading around here as well, via the Czech Republic and Upper Austria.

What do you think I should do ?

Call the police or do nothing and let the kids continue "having some fun" or something else ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 10:32:26 AM »

I clearly won't approach them in person, because I fear they could kill me and dump me in the river nearby, considering they are under the influence of drugs.

Even though I always carry a survival knife with me, it's probably too dangerous.

Also, the sign which reads "Hell's antechamber" they put up on the cabin entry kinda freaks me out too ...
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 10:38:15 AM »

Lmao
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 10:40:06 AM »

Yeah, exactly what I thought when I entered the shack ...

Kinda a "The Evil Dead" vibe ...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 10:56:44 AM »

I would find out who the owner is, and contact the owner. If it is public property, I would contact the national park service, or whomever has jurisdiction, because that would be trespassing.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 11:10:24 AM »

I would find out who the owner is, and contact the owner. If it is public property, I would contact the national park service, or whomever has jurisdiction, because that would be trespassing.

Pretty hard to find out, because there are many cabins - usually decades old - for hunters.

Some are not even used anymore and they certainly have no sign on them which says who the owner is.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 11:13:47 AM »

The one thing I could do is to send an (anonymous) mail to the city administration, so they can send someone to check it.

But I guess even that leads to nothing, because this person would have to catch them in the act. Otherwise, they will go there again.

Or I'll just dress up as Krampus and pay them a visit next Saturday night ... Wink
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 11:27:02 AM »

Pretty hard to find out, because there are many cabins - usually decades old - for hunters.

Some are not even used anymore and they certainly have no sign on them which says who the owner is.

You don't have title companies in Austria? You don't know whether or not it is on private land? I can find out who owns what almost anywhere in the US on the internet in about 5 minutes. In a rural area, without addresses, you start off with a plat map. Those typically are on-line as well. Another option, is to start off calling the local real estate assessor, and ask about ownership in the area. If I were the owner of the cabin, I would want to know if squatters are using it for their little parties. If it were my kids doing it, I would want to know that too. I would leave it up to the owner to decide what to do. Now if it were a meth factory facility or something, then I would call the police.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 11:33:13 AM »

You don't have title companies in Austria? You don't know whether or not it is on private land? I can find out who owns what almost anywhere in the US on the internet in about 5 minutes. In a rural area, without addresses, you start off with a plat map. Those typically are on-line as well. Another option, is to start off calling the local real estate assessor, and ask about ownership in the area. If I were the owner of the cabin, I would want to know if squatters are using it for their little parties. If it were my kids doing it, I would want to know that too. I would leave it up to the owner to decide what to do. Now if it were a meth factory facility or something, then I would call the police.

No, in rural Austria's woods there are many quasi-illegal shacks or high seats for hunters.

They build it without any knowledge or with the tolerance of the local mayor (all you need are good connections with the mayor or a ÖVP-party book).

And if one old hunter dies, the shack often becomes unused ...

Cranberry can tell you too that this is roughly the case.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 11:35:46 AM »

How about you don't be a finksing narc and you go off to your Zumba class and listen to Jimmy Buffet or something, mom.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 11:37:55 AM »

STFU about it.

Oh, and I'd worry more for their safety from you than the reverse.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 11:39:58 AM »

Speaking about it, that's not the only worrying thing in our woods ...

From the series "Austria's woods":

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=175162.0
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 11:41:01 AM »

"Room for one more?" Wink
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 11:46:33 AM »

Maybe it's not really that big of a deal ...

Maybe the kids are just smoking pot, have some good old sex orgies and listen to some music.

And the "Nazi" stones are no Nazi stones, but stones from the Imperial time and nobody just repainted them in the past 100 or so years.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 01:17:01 PM »

Maybe you should try scaring them away? Put stones in rings round the property, write on the windows in blood, play tinny music etc. These Austrians will realise they have been so naughty that Krampus will get them, and will scram.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 02:01:30 PM »

I'd say let it be.  If you're truly scared or something... don't be.  You'll be fine.  Most people go to these cabins to have fun.  Smoke some weed, have some sex... poke around in the woods.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 02:05:33 PM »

I'd say let it be.  If you're truly scared or something... don't be.  You'll be fine.  Most people go to these cabins to have fun.  Smoke some weed, have some sex... poke around in the woods.

Don't worry, my "killing" comment was meant more like a joke.

Of course they won't kill me ... Tongue

And I agree, I let them have their "fun" and likely do nothing ...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 02:10:05 PM »

I'd say let it be.  If you're truly scared or something... don't be.  You'll be fine.  Most people go to these cabins to have fun.  Smoke some weed, have some sex... poke around in the woods.

Don't worry, my "killing" comment was meant more like a joke.

Of course they won't kill me ... Tongue

And I agree, I let them have their "fun" and likely do nothing ...
If it helps.. I think any operation involving meth would mean cooking vessels and burners and probably a distinct chemical smell.  Powdery residue, lots of tin foil...etc.

Meth is not simple to make and is quite dangerous which is why nobody with a serious meth making operation would do it in a cabin like that unless they seriously expected nobody to come across it.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 02:10:40 PM »

Tender, please stop being such a creep.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 02:13:24 PM »

Tender, please stop being such a creep.

I don't know what you are talking about ...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 02:27:20 PM »

Are any of these fifteen year old girls Korean by any chance?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 02:30:56 PM »

Are any of these fifteen year old girls Korean by any chance?

There are no Koreans here and if there were some, certainly not in the forest - but rather in Vienna or the big cities.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 03:01:41 PM »

Thread reported for trolling us.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2015, 03:21:15 PM »

Drag them into your basement, where you can have Dave give them a good talking to about the county level results for the Alabama Senate race of 1978.  That'll teach them.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 12:17:18 AM »

I clearly won't approach them in person, because I fear they could kill me and dump me in the river nearby

My advice? approach them in person
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies