thread for the current pacific crisis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:01:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  thread for the current pacific crisis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: thread for the current pacific crisis  (Read 1917 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 05:03:43 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Pacific Chief Judicial Officer, reporting for duty!

Fear not, troubled citizens of our beautiful region.  We are all concerned about the state of our government at this moment, but I will fill in for the Governor and steer our proud region in the direction it deserves.  Legally, having never been replaced as CJO, and noting the lack of a current Governor, I will temporarily take on the role to administer replacement elections.  Together, we will handle this crisis appropriately.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 05:04:10 PM »

Thank God.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 05:09:07 PM »

I believe you have to still swear in to be Governor.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 05:11:05 PM »

Thank God Ebowed is here to restore the rule of law.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 05:11:28 PM »

It is beside the point, Classic Conservative was never made Speaker this session (this session being since the elections in August.)
The session problem is none of the councils concern my friend the Governor opens the new council thread not the Speaker. I have no say in that part, I sent Sinfan a text telling him to swear in and open the council thread which he didn't.

Yes, that is the Governor's oversight and is one of the many reasons why Simfan should have been impeached long ago.

I find it astounding that we are trying to redefine what a "session" consitutes, though! You needed to be reelected Speaker after each council election, Classic.

Not "redefine" - define - which is rich coming from someone who's trying to apply a completely new twist on the replacement process of an appointed official!

Since the Pacific is still in the same council session as reinforced by the Governor's decision, Classic Conservative, I encourage you wholeheartedly to swear in as Governor and to ignore the people who did this just to get a laugh out of you.

The current Constitution that was supposed to be "fool-proof" is certainly riddled with oversights and issues, and that's excluding the ones purposefully added by BK & Oakvale to make the region malleable.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 05:20:31 PM »

It is beside the point, Classic Conservative was never made Speaker this session (this session being since the elections in August.)
The session problem is none of the councils concern my friend the Governor opens the new council thread not the Speaker. I have no say in that part, I sent Sinfan a text telling him to swear in and open the council thread which he didn't.

Yes, that is the Governor's oversight and is one of the many reasons why Simfan should have been impeached long ago.

I find it astounding that we are trying to redefine what a "session" consitutes, though! You needed to be reelected Speaker after each council election, Classic.

Not "redefine" - define - which is rich coming from someone who's trying to apply a completely new twist on the replacement process of an appointed official!

Since the Pacific is still in the same council session as reinforced by the Governor's decision, Classic Conservative, I encourage you wholeheartedly to swear in as Governor and to ignore the people who did this just to get a laugh out of you.

The current Constitution that was supposed to be "fool-proof" is certainly riddled with oversights and issues, and that's excluding the ones purposefully added by BK & Oakvale to make the region malleable.

A new twist? This is a simple interpretation based on what is present in the Constitution.

Now what is completely dishonest is your new twist on what a "session" constitutes. We have not been in the same Council Session since April and all existing precedent states that a new council session occurs when a new council is elected - sessions have always lasted two months. To state otherwise is pure ignorance of what a session is in the Pacific legislature.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2015, 05:29:46 PM »

Ok, the dictionary definition of session is a meeting of a body to conduct business.
The constitution says that Ebowed must open the booth but he cannot be Governor. It says though that the Governor must open a new thread at the beginning of every council session. Since the Governor didn't open a new thread, we are technically still on the 16th Council Session. Seeing that I have not vacated the position of Council Speaker, I am still the Speaker henceforth I am Acting Governor for 6 days starting when I swear in a few minutes.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 05:31:09 PM »

I've opened Council threads before due to lack of gubernatorial activity.  The CJO has the authority to step in for the Governor in such instances.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 05:33:26 PM »

A new twist? This is a simple interpretation based on what is present in the Constitution.

Now what is completely dishonest is your new twist on what a "session" constitutes. We have not been in the same Council Session since April and all existing precedent states that a new council session occurs when a new council is elected - sessions have always lasted two months. To state otherwise is pure ignorance of what a session is in the Pacific legislature.

No
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 05:35:28 PM »

I would like to notify Mr. Griffin and Mr. Classic Conservative that the latter was entirely inactive on the Regional Governments board between the period of August 19th and the 27th. Classic Conservative lost his Council seat and the Speakership then, if we were to assume he still held it at that point.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 05:37:54 PM »

I would like to notify Mr. Griffin and Mr. Classic Conservative that the latter was entirely inactive on the Regional Governments board between the period of August 19th and the 27th. Classic Conservative lost his Council seat and the Speakership then, if we were to assume he still held it at that point.

no
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2015, 05:39:33 PM »

no

"no" does not mean anything Mr. Griffin. Councilor Classic Conservative lost the Speakership due to being inactive for 7 days and was never elected Speaker again. Sure, he was reelected Councilor but not Speaker.

Ebowed is bringing the Region back to regular order so I see no reason why we would have to bend the rules to fit what our seemingly very forceful President-elect wants!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2015, 05:40:41 PM »

Turkblasiu, the Constitution of the Pacific Region states that a Councillor must be expelled, with that staying we, the council would have to expel myself we the council didn't, so I'm still legally a member and speaker for Christ sakes Turk, Adam and everyone else can we please stop this we have a decision. That I've accepted Ebowed is the Acting Governor for 6 days he opens the election once we have a new governor everything is back in normal ness.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2015, 05:42:08 PM »

Classic Conservative, you are misinterpreting what I am saying. The plain fact is that you are still a Councilor but not a Speaker. You were reelected Councilor after you lost your council seat and the Speakership between the period of August 19th and 27th.

Ebowed is returning law and order and is running things in an objective and unbiased fashion, so I do not see what all the fuss is.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2015, 05:43:34 PM »

Classic Conservative, you are misinterpreting what I am saying. The plain fact is that you are still a Councilor but not a Speaker. You were reelected Councilor after you lost your council seat and the Speakership between the period of August 19th and 27th.

Ebowed is returning law and order and is running things in an object and unbiased fashion, so I do not see what all the fuss is.
Ok, I think everyone's happy about this and we can just blame Simfan for this mess, since he didn't respect the Constitution.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2015, 05:45:03 PM »

no

"no" does not mean anything Mr. Griffin. Councilor Classic Conservative lost the Speakership due to being inactive for 7 days and was never elected Speaker again. Sure, he was reelected Councilor but not Speaker.

Ebowed is bringing the Region back to regular order so I see no reason why we would have to bend the rules to fit what our seemingly very forceful President-elect wants!

No
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2015, 05:45:14 PM »

Ebowed is returning law and order and is running things in an object and unbiased fashion, so I do not see what all the fuss is.
Ok, I think everyone's happy about this and we can just blame Simfan for this mess, since he didn't respect the Constitution.

Exactly. Simfan must be brought to justice for running the Pacific like his own personal fiefdom, disrespecting individual liberty and basic rights. Once we get our region back on track, we will be ready to join with the Midwest in an orderly fashion.

A grand new political age is approaching for the Pacific and the Midwest, gentlemen.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »

In my capacity as Home Affairs Secretary the situation is being monitored, and the correct course of action will be taken
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies