Türkisblau for Governor: Please Vote!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:06:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Türkisblau for Governor: Please Vote!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Türkisblau for Governor: Please Vote!  (Read 1875 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2015, 06:16:51 PM »
« edited: November 07, 2015, 10:40:04 PM by Türkisblau »

Türkisblau for Governor HQ

Pacificans, I have spent my entire political career in Atlasia serving you. When I first arrived on this continent, I became a Pacific Councilor and worked my way all the way up to serving as your Regional Senator.

I have returned to this region I love so dearly to save it from the anarchy of rogue terrorist and former Governor Simfan34. This region can not handle such injustices any longer. We must come together into a political movement that says "No!" to nonsensical anarchy such as the Simfan34 administration. As Governor, I will listen and work with the Council and remain regular order until the merging with the Midwest.

I understand that I have had my differences with many, but I hope to put that behind us as we forge ahead in a campaign that can bring stability back to our troubled region! Thank you for hearing me out and I hope to get your vote on the 6th!
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 06:23:35 PM »

Endorsed! It is time to end the authoritarian and theocratic regime that has stunted our region for so long.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 06:25:38 PM »

I've spoken with Turkblasiu and I have decided to endorse him.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 06:30:07 PM »

I've spoken with Turkblasiu and I have decided to endorse him.

Thank you, Classic. This is truly a movement that I believe all Pacificans can get behind and I am glad that you're joining me. If elected, I will work hard with you and the rest of our councilors to make sure nothing like this ever happens again.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 06:36:26 PM »

Understanding how swift the campaign will be given the very limited time, do you have any plans to release some sort of platform?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 06:37:32 PM »

Understanding how swift the campaign will be given the very limited time, do you have any plans to release some sort of platform?

Yes, I will release a plan for my (possibly) short tenure as Governor in the coming days. I am trying to set my campaign themes at the present moment.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »

Turkisblau is the ONLY candidate who can fix the Pacific, and is a great guy. He has my FULL support.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 07:45:15 PM »

Endorsed, of course. Smiley
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 12:36:37 AM »

Endorsed. Smiley
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 10:58:57 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2015, 11:39:22 AM by Türkisblau »

Turkisblau is the ONLY candidate who can fix the Pacific, and is a great guy. He has my FULL support.

Thank you, Senator!

Good to have your support tmth!

Thank you for the endorsement, Hom-car Tongue
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »

Endorsed! Cheesy
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »

Despite a number of ideological differences that we have, I believe that Türkisblau is the right choice for the Pacific. Endorsed!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 03:54:38 PM »

When is this election?  If Turkisblau just moved to the Pacific, he might not yet be eligible to run there until 7 days after the registration.  Somebody should check the Pacific Constitution to see if there is a residency requirement.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 04:11:34 PM »

When is this election?  If Turkisblau just moved to the Pacific, he might not yet be eligible to run there until 7 days after the registration.  Somebody should check the Pacific Constitution to see if there is a residency requirement.
We don't have a residency requirement.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 04:19:41 PM »

We don't have a residency requirement.

Yes you do.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

IIRC, in order to be a registered voter in the Pacific under the federal rules (which apply to the regions), you must be resident for 7 days.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 04:26:54 PM »

I do not appreciate the personal (and outlandish) attacks, but I think that Türkisblau has the experience and temperament needed to keep the Pacific chugging along. I'd vote for him.

The question is, will he be able to find other people with those qualities to fill the ranks of government? If there's one lesson I've learnt from all this, it's that you can't be a one-man region. This is what I struggled with the most as Governor. Despite the fact that you all seem happy to see the back of me now, I was elected four or five times (I've genuinely lost count) without ever having any serious opponent, and on two occasions my re-election was literally unanimous. Even after Ebowed's attempt to remove me from office, I again was re-elected unanimously. Where were my critics then? Why did they not contest the elections? I sincerely wish they had.

The first time I was up for re-election, I actually went around sending PMs to people I thought likely to vote against me, just so the election would at least look like there was some kind of competition. I remember haranguing people, trying to persuade them to run for the Legislative Council, at first so we might have genuinely competitive elections, and eventually just to ensure that there were as many candidates as there were seats.

I'm not saying all this out of self-pity, nor to boast about my electoral history (as I said, I've actually found it rather frustrating), but to advise Türkisblau or anyone else who might seek my former position-- there's nothing to be gained from the job if you're the only one (possibly one of the two) actually doing anything. Running around trying to get people to go through the motions of activity is nothing more than an entirely fruitless charade.

I hope you can turn things around. I hope you can stimulate genuine activity in this region for the first time in a long while. I hope you succeed. I'd like to help, if I can escape being persecuted by the incoming administration-- which admittedly is a big "if". But I want to warn you what you'll be up against.

Good luck.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 05:12:31 PM »

Thank you for the thought-provoking post Simfan, however I believe that I know most of that perfectly well from holding up activity with you for a number of months when I served as Speaker!

I recognize the difficulty that fostering activity in the Pacific brings - but I would just like to point out that there were many things that you didn't do to keep up activity and run the council. Remember when I PMed you 3 times to open up a new session for the legislature, only to be forced to open a court case against you to force you to begin a new council session?

Remember when you refused to appoint a new councilor when there was a vacancy, only to appoint Spamage when there were 3 days left and then wrongly declared Spamage the winner in the council election, causing controversy and embarassing the region?

The entire Ebowed taking power thing only happened because you had been inactive for ages and refused to start new council elections! This is only a small subset of the mistakes you made.

Yes, the Pacific is hard to get going but you made so many missteps as Governor that I just wouldn't make. With a more steady hand, the Pacific can reach a minimum level of activity up until the merging with the Midwest. Don't get me wrong, I'm not promising a Pacific Renaissance here, only a return to regular order until consolidation with the Midwest occurs.

Re eligibility to be Governor, the time period is 7 days and I registered on the 26th and the elections are on the November 6th so all is good Smiley
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 05:14:29 PM »

Thank you for the endorsement, Councilor!

Despite a number of ideological differences that we have, I believe that Türkisblau is the right choice for the Pacific. Endorsed!

It means a lot Pingvin. Can't wait to see what you got cooking down in the South.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2015, 11:08:05 PM »

Türkisblau at a Portland, Oregon speech

Pacificans, I am here to tell you that our long regional nightmare is over: Simfan has left office! He has kept his stranglehold on the office of Governor for far too long. Now is a time for us as a region to come together and heal after the damage he has caused.

If elected, I promise to immediately disband the Executive Council of the Special Anti-terrorism Operations Command and prosecute those complicit in its activities in the Pacific region. Owing to Simfan's lack of deregistration, I will immediately make him our region's #1 Most Wanted Criminal and put all resources into his capture, as well as petition the incoming Adam Griffin administration to bring Simfan to justice!

Now, another subject I would like to speak about is consolidation. The Pacific has, for a very long time, kept a very different culture and customs compared to the greater Atlasian nation. With the Constitutional Convention almost certainly consolidating our region with the Midwest, we will need to work out a plan for each region to maintain some of it's identity post-consolidation. I will work with Governor Tmthforu94 on a new regional constitution that protects the Pacific's identity as well as the Midwest's.

Another aspect that we mustn't forget about the period leading up to consolidation is that its length is uncertain. Due to this, as a region, we can not spare to put off the hard work of real governance. I will use my lengthy experience as Pacific Councilor, Speaker, and Regional Senator, to enact laws that preserve the tradition of the Pacific and her people, save the land that we call home, safeguard life at all stages, and support the working class of the Pacific. This includes reviving past initiatives of mine in the Council including the repeal of the Accountability for the Merchants of Death Act and the Restore Our Rivers Act. Additionally, the Pacific Council will be brought back to regular order; I will guide the Speaker and other council members along in the legislative process that appears to have become disjointed, confused, and sluggish.

So I ask sincerely for you to join me in bringing competence, transparency, and law and order back to our region that needs it so dearly!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 10:48:16 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2015, 10:50:45 PM by Türkisblau »

Türkisblau casting his ballot

Political participation is the key to our democracy, and if we, as a region, do not consistently go out to the polls then what is our democracy worth!

Although I am happy to see that this Special Gubernatorial Election without much competition has already exceeded the turnout of the most recent council election, we are still not even close to getting every Pacifican out to the polls. The election ends tomorrow, so there is plenty of time left to vote and no excuse not to exercise that right.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2015, 06:41:25 PM »

If the people of the Pacific don't elect you then they'll be doomed. You're a fine leader.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2015, 06:44:04 PM »

It's a landslide, folks!

Congratulations, Governor! Grin
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length