Türkisblau for Governor: Please Vote! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:49:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Türkisblau for Governor: Please Vote! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Türkisblau for Governor: Please Vote!  (Read 1891 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: October 28, 2015, 04:26:54 PM »

I do not appreciate the personal (and outlandish) attacks, but I think that Türkisblau has the experience and temperament needed to keep the Pacific chugging along. I'd vote for him.

The question is, will he be able to find other people with those qualities to fill the ranks of government? If there's one lesson I've learnt from all this, it's that you can't be a one-man region. This is what I struggled with the most as Governor. Despite the fact that you all seem happy to see the back of me now, I was elected four or five times (I've genuinely lost count) without ever having any serious opponent, and on two occasions my re-election was literally unanimous. Even after Ebowed's attempt to remove me from office, I again was re-elected unanimously. Where were my critics then? Why did they not contest the elections? I sincerely wish they had.

The first time I was up for re-election, I actually went around sending PMs to people I thought likely to vote against me, just so the election would at least look like there was some kind of competition. I remember haranguing people, trying to persuade them to run for the Legislative Council, at first so we might have genuinely competitive elections, and eventually just to ensure that there were as many candidates as there were seats.

I'm not saying all this out of self-pity, nor to boast about my electoral history (as I said, I've actually found it rather frustrating), but to advise Türkisblau or anyone else who might seek my former position-- there's nothing to be gained from the job if you're the only one (possibly one of the two) actually doing anything. Running around trying to get people to go through the motions of activity is nothing more than an entirely fruitless charade.

I hope you can turn things around. I hope you can stimulate genuine activity in this region for the first time in a long while. I hope you succeed. I'd like to help, if I can escape being persecuted by the incoming administration-- which admittedly is a big "if". But I want to warn you what you'll be up against.

Good luck.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies