We are lifelong Zionists. Here’s why we’ve chosen to boycott Israel.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:17:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  We are lifelong Zionists. Here’s why we’ve chosen to boycott Israel.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: We are lifelong Zionists. Here’s why we’ve chosen to boycott Israel.  (Read 2998 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2015, 12:58:46 PM »

I think you mean with Cyprus, not with Greece.
Perhaps I was a bit too coy, yes I was referring to Cyprus (which is full of Greeks).  I did explicitly state that "Turkey doesn't have a serious territorial issue with Greece".
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2015, 02:45:36 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2015, 02:51:53 PM by DavidB. »

Nope, you're not lifelong Zionists. You are assimilated traitors whose minds have been colonized. And nobody asked for your opinion of the homeland. Kthxbai.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2015, 02:57:55 PM »

Nope, you're not lifelong Zionists. You are assimilated traitors whose minds have been colonized. And nobody asked for your opinion of the homeland. Kthxbai.
I don't recall anyone asking your opinion on this either, and yet you still gave it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2015, 04:31:18 PM »

I don't recall anyone asking your opinion on this either, and yet you still gave it.

This is the sort of thing that starts flame wars. DavidB was flaming an outside third party (that is our stock in trade here, and fair game), and you turned the fire on him. Moreover, if we only gave our opinions when solicited to do so, there would be very few posts generated by our community. And then what would be the raison d'ętre for our existence? Smiley

We all have our little passions in life, that might color our judgement in a way, that would not be what a judge would do. One of DavidB's is Israel. One of mine is teachers' unions. That's life in the big city. The idea hopefully is to have some indulgence for these passions within the community, if only to maintain some level of civility.

End of today's homily. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies