Who would you like to see become Pope in the near future? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:43:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Who would you like to see become Pope in the near future? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Please Vote!
Tarcisio Bertone

Sean O’Malley

Marc Ouellet

Timothy Dolan

Luis Tagle

Soane Patita Paini Mafi

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Who would you like to see become Pope in the near future?  (Read 10386 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 10, 2015, 02:35:09 AM »

I don't suppose there are any cardinals willing to get rid of Mariology, Papal infallibility, sacerdotalism etc, replace it with the Five Solas and embrace Reformed faith are there with a continualist view on the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Barring that, Turkson

Here tweak there a tweak.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 12:24:46 AM »

Preferably someone who would convert to Protestantism after taking office.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 11:27:49 PM »

Disgusting. I don't try to ruin your culture (or lack thereof). Go back to your fear mongering. Let us be.

There are many things I honor and respect about the Roman Catholic Church. It's disappointing that they chose the sword rather than honest discussion with those in the church who had a legitimate theological concern to address (Waldensians, Hussites, Moravians, Jansenists)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 04:27:23 PM »

Any liberal and/or pro-gay would be good bad, and any conservative would be bad good . No real preference other than that. Preferably Peter Turkson (African and Conservative)

Still, I'm an Evangelical and think it's time Catholics sign the Ausburg Confession bringing the Matt Maher/Audry Assad wing of Catholics more into the mainstream. 
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 06:47:05 PM »

Still, I'm an Evangelical and think it's time Catholics sign the Ausburg Confession bringing the Matt Maher/Audry Assad wing of Catholics more into the mainstream. 

It's interesting that apparently the only people you could think of in this 'wing of Catholics' are CCM artists. It's almost as if practically no serious Catholic theologians or prelates are anywhere close to wherever this is. Also, I'm not that familiar with Maher and I hadn't heard of Assad until now, but I get the sneaking suspicion that you simply assume they're theologically simpatico with you because they have similar sh**tty aesthetic sensibilities.

I'm sure there were some at the conference I was at over the /ChristmasNew Years holidays. Look up Cardnial Leo Joseph Suenens who was Primate of Belgum. This wing started to have a resurgence in the 70's and a hotbed is in my neck of the woods (Notre Dame in South Bend)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 10:12:19 PM »

After reading a bit about Suenens it sounds like he was simply far more liberal than the church at the time or now. So like someone who a liberal Christian would be promoting as a model for what the church should be like, not someone like JCL. Surprising.

JCL is probably referring to Suenens's support for the Catholic Charismatic Renewal movement.

Which is what I was doing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies