Who would you like to see become Pope in the near future? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:21:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Who would you like to see become Pope in the near future? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Please Vote!
Tarcisio Bertone

Sean O’Malley

Marc Ouellet

Timothy Dolan

Luis Tagle

Soane Patita Paini Mafi

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Who would you like to see become Pope in the near future?  (Read 10394 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 19, 2015, 07:07:31 PM »

Well, my faith already has an equivalent to a Pope, so....

Seriously though, someone who could be a continuation of Pope Francis's style would be great. Who's the closest to that?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 01:58:06 PM »

Disgusting. I don't try to ruin your culture (or lack thereof). Go back to your fear mongering. Let us be.

There are many things I honor and respect about the Roman Catholic Church. It's disappointing that they chose the sword rather than honest discussion with those in the church who had a legitimate theological concern to address (Waldensians, Hussites, Moravians, Jansenists)

Okay, but what does that have to do with saying that your preferred Pope would be Protestant?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 07:04:48 PM »

Honestly, I don't get why many of the posters in this thread are saying the Pope should be Protestant. I don't think the Pope should be Mormon, for example. And a Catholic or Lutheran shouldn't expect their preferred choice for LDS Church President to convert to Catholicism or Lutheranism. It's just rude to expect that the guy whose job is to represent over a billion Catholics, to be non-Catholic.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 10:00:49 PM »

I realize this thread is old, but my two cents as a Mormon non-Catholic are that I think Francis is doing a great job, and that I hope he lives and is healthy for as long as possible. I do think the pendulum will shift the other way when he dies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies