Clinton allies continue to shout "sexism" at Bernie Sanders
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:43:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton allies continue to shout "sexism" at Bernie Sanders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton allies continue to shout "sexism" at Bernie Sanders  (Read 2124 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2015, 02:11:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 02:22:54 PM »

They're literally saying a Sanders aide mentioning jokingly that Hillary would be considered for VP is "sexist".

This is getting to Tumblr levels here and is making me lose respect for Clinton, although she remains my candidate of choice.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 02:27:12 PM »

Someone should remind Quinn of when Bill Clinton suggested Obama should be Hillary's VP when he was leading the delegate count. (Also when Hillary pitched herself as the candidate with better appeal to "hard-working whites".) bigger question: why the hell is Hillary's team panicking?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 03:31:13 PM »

Everytime I read a story like this I have an argument with myself over voting for in in the general. Because even though I know it's probably the "responsible" thing to do, I don't want to reward this garbage.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 03:33:03 PM »

Clinton is an anti-semite!
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »

Everytime I read a story like this I have an argument with myself over voting for in in the general. Because even though I know it's probably the "responsible" thing to do, I don't want to reward this garbage.
bobloblaw
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 03:38:41 PM »

Hillary the Dhimmi
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 03:42:30 PM »

There is horrible sexism in politics and it really colors people's perceptions of Hillary Clinton.  I don't think Sanders has been sexist, but many of his supporters are very sexist.
bobloblaw
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 03:44:10 PM »

There is horrible sexism in politics and it really colors people's perceptions of Hillary Clinton.  I don't think Sanders has been sexist, but many of his supporters are very sexist.

HILLARY is sexist. She has devoted her life to destroying all the bimbos Bill had sex with.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 03:45:45 PM »

This is the comment that started it all.  Its not exactly an accusation of overt sexism, but rather of the kind of subconscious biases that most people have in one way or another.   But of course, there's no room for nuance here.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 03:47:10 PM »

HILLARY is sexist. She has devoted her life to destroying all the bimbos Bill had sex with.

No, she hasn't.  And, that wouldn't even be sexist if she did.  If you hate someone because they sleep with your spouse, that's an independent reason for disliking them apart from their gender.
bobloblaw
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 03:48:57 PM »

No, she hasn't.  And, that wouldn't even be sexist if she did.  If you hate someone because they sleep with your spouse, that's an independent reason for disliking them apart from their gender.

Hillary is on record saying that women should be believed if they claim to be raped or sexually harassed. Except of course if the accused is Bill
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 03:50:51 PM »

Bernie is not a sexist he doesn't have a bad bone in his body, personally he's a very nice guy.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 03:58:22 PM »

The Hillary campaign is such HP.

If Hillary is so great on sexism, why did she smear a minor girl who had been raped?
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/20/exclusive-hillary-clinton-took-me-through-hell-rape-victim-says.html
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 04:02:55 PM »

Or announce that she is a woman a dozen times during the first debate.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 04:03:29 PM »

This is how you win. Hillary and Bill made seemingly innocent comments like the Sanders camp's with regard to Obama in '08 and the Obama team spun it right back at them. It's how the game is played, and if Bernie can't stand the heat then I have no idea why he's running for prez.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »

I don't view politics as a game.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 04:08:46 PM »

I guess you haven't been around much.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 04:09:46 PM »

Whether or not it is something doesn't mean I want to encourage it being that way, or enjoy it as if it were a reality show.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 04:19:28 PM »

Clinton is trying everything to make sure Sanders doesn't become the nominee, even though it's safe to assume he won't.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 04:20:14 PM »

They shouted this type of stuff at Obama allies in '08, his cried racism and baiting in return from Clinton's camp.

Nothing to see here.
HillOfANight
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 04:21:01 PM »

They're literally saying a Sanders aide mentioning jokingly that Hillary would be considered for VP is "sexist".

This is getting to Tumblr levels here and is making me lose respect for Clinton, although she remains my candidate of choice.

It was unprofessional/arrogant and Sanders has called them inappropriate.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/10/29/sanders-calls-his-campaign-managers-clinton-vp-comments-inappropriate/
madelka
United States
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 04:24:17 PM »

Hillary is on record saying that women should be believed if they claim to be raped or sexually harassed. Except of course if the accused is Bill

It's called politics, get over it. The Clintons have always had excellent strategists - unlike the Republicans. You guys really need to learn how to win an election.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2015, 04:31:21 PM »

Marokai's been around longer than you.
bobloblaw
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015, 04:39:46 PM »

It's called politics, get over it. The Clintons have always had excellent strategists - unlike the Republicans. You guys really need to learn how to win an election.

Bill never won more than 49% and Hil in 2000 ran 10 points behind Gore in NY
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies