Am I the only one who thinks Bill Clinton has aged terribly?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:55:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Am I the only one who thinks Bill Clinton has aged terribly?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Am I the only one who thinks Bill Clinton has aged terribly?  (Read 4236 times)
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2015, 07:03:41 PM »

Unlike W. Bush and Obama, I think Clinton aged pretty well in the White House (he didn't look that much older when he left office at 54, then he did when coming in at 46, compared to Obama and Bush), but since leaving, I think he has aged terribly. He is 69, and I think he looks like he's 80. His hair is completely grey, and he appears thin and frail. Does anyone agree, or am I wrong?
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 08:34:16 PM »

It's been awhile since I have checked out any of Bill Clinton's pictures. Yes, he does look like he has aged greatly. Possibly his poor diet choices in his life have contributed negatively to his health.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 09:15:01 PM »

He's a vegan, end of story.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 11:05:58 PM »

Bill needs some Big Macs and some light cosmetic work on his face.  Problem solved.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 11:56:22 AM »

This one possibly one of the most pathetic threads on atlas, and seeing who posted it, I am not surprised at all by its quality.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »

he looks (and sounds) a lot older than  69
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 07:16:43 PM »

He's 69. The decade between 60 and 70 is when people (especially men) age most dramatically.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 09:23:59 PM »

He went on a diet to lose weight, and he became vegan, and he's a senior citizen, and he was president.

Taken altogether, I'd be surprised if he did look the same now as he did 15 years ago upon leaving office.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 11:11:36 PM »

He's a 69 year old man who has had heart surgery twice. He looks fairly normal considering those factors.

There are plenty in politics his age who look worse.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 06:27:22 AM »

The weight loss probably plays the biggest role. Being fat/skinny has an effect on people under/over 40 (as in, you look older than you should if you're fat and under 40; you look older than you should if you're skinny and over 40). Clinton was overweight in his 40s and 50s, so he looks a lot older now by comparison. His age would have likely shown more during his presidency had he been a healthy weight. Still, I don't think he looks necessarily older than the average 69 year-old man; definitely not considering the stresses of the Presidency.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 11:04:59 PM »

The weight loss probably plays the biggest role. Being fat/skinny has an effect on people under/over 40 (as in, you look older than you should if you're fat and under 40; you look older than you should if you're skinny and over 40). Clinton was overweight in his 40s and 50s, so he looks a lot older now by comparison. His age would have likely shown more during his presidency had he been a healthy weight. Still, I don't think he looks necessarily older than the average 69 year-old man; definitely not considering the stresses of the Presidency.
I take your point, but didn't realize that Clinton was overweight when he was in the White House.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 11:07:12 PM »

This one possibly one of the most pathetic threads on atlas, and seeing who posted it, I am not surprised at all by its quality.
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you suggesting this a smear piece against Hillary (who looks quite young for 68), because I clearly asked about Bill in the title. This was just something I noticed when I saw Clinton on Stephen Colbert's show the other night.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 11:39:28 PM »

I can't believe he's younger than Dubya.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 12:59:05 AM »

I can't believe he's younger than Dubya.
Join the club. Bush aged more in office than Clinton did, but Clinton has aged more out of office than Bush did. Maybe Clinton had more fun in the White House than he has been having since leaving.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 11:33:17 AM »

The last couple of interviews he seems "slow", if you will.  I don't mean this in a nasty way, but I think there's something new medically that's wrong with the guy.  Shame.

That said he's probably still the biggest cooter hound on the planet.  God Bless once daily Cialas!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies