Office of Governor Blair- Senate Appointment and other things
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:58:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor Blair- Senate Appointment and other things
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Governor Blair- Senate Appointment and other things  (Read 10213 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2015, 08:03:33 PM »
« edited: April 26, 2016, 06:44:55 AM by Governor Blair »

Address to the Northeast Assembly

'I thought we'd do something different today. We've had a hectic couple of weeks in Atlasia-a Presidental Election, a Gubernational election and a referendum which defined the Future of the Northeast. I wouldn't be lying if I said there were moments of doubt on the road but I always had faith that we'd pull through, and we did.

Now our future is in our own hands, now it's time to take the positive and broad message from the campaign trail and apply it to Government. We need a radical plan for Government, and we need to ensure the people of the Northeast get the best opportunities, the best chances and the best future possible from this Government. To start, I want to introduce something simple-a Charter Scheme. No, this doesn't relate to the schools but to the wider tenets of Government. The biggest problem with the Northeast, and regional Government is that multiple laws can be created, leading to an ever widening amount of spending and bureaucracy. For this reason I'm going to set out charters in each government departments-these charters will outline how much each department is spending, and what laws have been passed. My hope is that this can lead to reform, and in turn give the Assembly a boost when trying to carry out bold reforms. In order to know the way forward, we need to know the past friends.

Next, I want to return to my campaign promise-Jobs, Jobs and Jobs. I'm not going to sit here and say that the free market will deliver this, and I'm not going to sit here and say that Government intervention will fix all our woes. A strong mix of sound public finances, provided with government support and investment in infrastructure, education and public works. We also need to take this approach to the Senate, and the other centers for governance-for this reason I'll be in contact with the other 3 Governors about setting up a national wide strategy for growth in all the regions.

Almost paradoxically people have pointed to the declines of the region, but I say this-the Northeast is fighting back. Let's show Atlasia what we can do....

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 08:28:15 PM »

I'd also like to announce to the Press, and the good citizens of the Northeast that I've managed to assembly almost a full Cabinet for the first time in the Northeast. My hope is that these departments will grow into strong offices where cabinet members can become leading experts on policy. As I said during my campaign I want to unite the Northeast, and my broad diverse cabinet highlights this perfectly.

Treasury Secretary-Former Speaker Dkrol
Health and Human Services Secretary- Assembly-member DempGH
Interior and Agriculture Secretary- Assembly-member Clyde
Labour Secretary- Former Governor Pikachu
Veterans Secretary- Enduro
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 12:30:37 PM »

I would like to thank Governor Blair on appointing me to the position of veterans secretary, and I would also like to ask the assembly to confirm my appointment. I look forward to working in this administration and making the northeast a region that loves veterans.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 04:46:04 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 10:12:11 PM »

For the Governor's State of the Northeast speech

Applause from the gallery
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 05:35:42 AM »

Governor Blair has been in the bed for the last 24 hours recovering from an re-emergence of a chest infection (I really have!)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 06:44:02 PM »

Upon the hopeful confirmation of my Cabinet I'm going to start work on the new Northeast Budget tomorrow, to bring the jobs and reform that the Northeast needs in this uncertain time
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 09:54:22 PM »

Blair

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 11:27:30 PM »

You already signed this bill in the appropriate legislation thread on the Regional Government board.  I am reposting it here for posterity, in case the thread on the Regional Government board gets deleted.

Please note that you need to name someone to this commission before we can get started.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 06:16:54 AM »

Oh yeahh I forgot that it can deleted, I've been asking various people if they're interested and will hopefully have a choice soon.

X Blair
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 02:04:05 PM »

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 09:03:41 PM »

Thank you for the appointment to the committee, Governor.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 03:03:58 PM »

Press Release from Governor Blair

''This week I've been talking to various ministers in my cabinet and others as I begin to draft a budget for the Northeast. I'm going to wait for the new GM to be confirmed by the Senate so that I can see our jobs numbers, and ensure that the budget has a positive effect on the Northeast. I'm also closely watching the budget debates in the Senate, and hope that the Senate gives the Northeast the fair deal that it deserves. I hope to have the budget submitted in the next week, so that the Assembly can sink it's teeth into it''
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 07:22:56 AM »

'I urge my fellow Citizens in the Northeast to vote against the constitutional amendment that is being voted on this weekend. This is not because I disagree with the premise of the argument, or the rationale behind it. It is because in it's current form the law is crude, and only stops religious groups that carry out 'bodily harm'. This would create a complex legal situation within the Northeast where a cult would have a constitutional right to operate even if they were carrying out psychological harm. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 11:11:52 AM »

'I urge my fellow Citizens in the Northeast to vote against the constitutional amendment that is being voted on this weekend. This is not because I disagree with the premise of the argument, or the rationale behind it. It is because in it's current form the law is crude, and only stops religious groups that carry out 'bodily harm'. This would create a complex legal situation within the Northeast where a cult would have a constitutional right to operate even if they were carrying out psychological harm. 

I agree with you Governor Blair to a large extent, but religious freedom should be protected under the law.  Perhaps this bill could be reintroduced and amended to take into consideration the wider context to which you make reference to, so that psychological harm in religions is not protected under the law.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 12:49:14 PM »

I agree with you Governor Blair to a large extent, but religious freedom should be protected under the law.  Perhaps this bill could be reintroduced and amended to take into consideration the wider context to which you make reference to, so that psychological harm in religions is not protected under the law.

I intend to speak to the Assembly, and my Cabinet about how to modify this amendment. It's an important issue after what we saw in the Pacific 
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 01:00:39 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2015, 01:02:56 PM by DemPGH »

I personally would be open to an amendment to it, but as I expressed to a couple other people, I do not see that psychological abuse would be protected - the mind is part of the body, no? But if we want to run this through again and add "psychological abuse," I would not object at all. I'd be in favor.

The key thing for me is that the assembly cannot compel or endorse religion/faith. That's what was attempted in the Pacific.

In the PM I received about voting against this, Scientology was referenced. Sure, that's whacky, but I don't want to skirt with making whacky things illegal either.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 12:16:23 PM »

With the help of Secretary Enduro I've introduced an amendment to the Care For Those In Need Act to include a specific provision for the Veterans of the Northeast. The bill has an increase in funding, but I'd like to point out to the Assembly that I've lobbied for cost reductions in the two recent bills discussed. It's also my hope to have my economic stimulus plan released, and given to the Assembly on Wednesday, regards

Governor Blair

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 11:01:54 PM »

I am pleased to see provision made for veterans of the Northeast added to my original bill the Care For Those In Need Act.

Thank you.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 05:01:30 AM »

Mr. Governor....
[/quote]
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 07:47:10 AM »

X Governor Blair

Mr. Governor....

[/quote]
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2015, 07:33:34 AM »

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2015, 06:31:34 PM »

'It's with a great sense of hope, and optimism that I today announce that I've send my economic recovery bill to the Assembly of the Northeast. This bill called 'BOOST' is based entirely on it's name-it's the most comprehensive scheme proposed in the Northeast or the country to help rebuild our economy. It's clear that we cannot sit back whilst our brave citizens are out of work, whilst our cities crumble and whilst people question what are very public officials are doing.

This bill is wide reaching and will ensure that all areas of the Economy are given a vital boost. The most vital aspect is the cut in sales tax to put more money in the pocket of the Northeast people, and ensure that our shops, local businesses and communities are given a boost. A credit bank is credited to allow small businesses to borrow much needed funds, a highway investment scheme along with an environmental clean up scheme will give our outdoors a fresh start and a jobs fund will most importantly ensure that our fine citizens can get back to work. This is a time to show that the government of the Northeast will not sit back, and watch as our struggle continues. With this step lets walk proudly into our shared future.

Governor Blair

Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2015, 11:20:09 AM »

Mr. Governor, there is a vacancy in the Assembly that needs to be filled.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2015, 02:59:08 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies