Has Webb Actually Registered as an Indie Yet?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:08:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Has Webb Actually Registered as an Indie Yet?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has Webb Actually Registered as an Indie Yet?  (Read 1516 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2015, 09:49:41 PM »

?
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 10:13:20 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2015, 05:11:57 PM by I support Sanders »

No, he has not, and it is unclear if he will be able to achieve sufficient ballot access to win. If he runs, he should seek the Libertarian nomination.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 10:34:29 PM »

No, he has not, and it is unclear if he will be able to achieve sufficient ballot access to win. He's more likely to seek the Libertarian nomination.

Is there anything libertarian about him besides the fact that he loves to kill people? Please enlighten me, cause I know next to nothing about him except for the atrocities I saw in the debate I'm afraid.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 11:50:32 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2015, 11:58:39 PM by I support Sanders »

No, he has not, and it is unclear if he will be able to achieve sufficient ballot access to win. He's more likely to seek the Libertarian nomination.

Is there anything libertarian about him besides the fact that he loves to kill people? Please enlighten me, cause I know next to nothing about him except for the atrocities I saw in the debate I'm afraid.
He is generally opposed to foreign intervention, opposed to any form of gun control, and socially liberal (abortion, marriage, drugs); economic moderate.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 12:03:38 AM »

He is generally opposed to foreign intervention, opposed to any form of gun control, and socially liberal (abortion, marriage, drugs); economic moderate.

That's interesting. Yet most libertarians are for a flat tax as well as no regulations and next to no government except for the army and for abolishing the Federal Reserve. In other words they're anything but moderate economically. Gary Johnson is a huge exception of course, as he has more in common with Democrats than with Republicans.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 12:32:37 AM »

Jim Webb is not going to run for president.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 07:20:11 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2015, 07:22:43 AM by I support Sanders »

That's interesting. Yet most libertarians are for a flat tax as well as no regulations and next to no government except for the army and for abolishing the Federal Reserve. In other words they're anything but moderate economically. Gary Johnson is a huge exception of course, as he has more in common with Democrats than with Republicans.
Webb would not be a strictly libertarian Libertarian. He supports immigration reform and opposes affirmative action, but he voted for the Affordable Care Act. I think he'd have a shot at the nomination. Gary Johnson is also a good candidate.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 12:37:52 PM »

Webb isn't libertarian.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 02:51:33 PM »

Webb isn't running for President.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 03:19:17 PM »

The fact that he dropped out as he was starting to rise in the polls tells me that he might actually be running as an independent.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 03:51:56 PM »

He will have zero impact on race, even if he tries.
hopper
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 04:10:07 PM »

Well  Johnson on fiscal issues he might even be to the right of the "Average Republican US House Member" and maybe even share common fiscal idealogy with "The House Freedom Caucus". When he was Governor of New Mexico he used to use his veto pen a lot on spending items.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 06:02:51 PM »

Only in the sense that he is not registered as either a Democrat or a Republican or any other party, since he lives in Virginia.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 07:03:35 PM »

He just wrote this op/ed in the WaPo about how we need an Independent presidential candidate:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/thinking-outside-the-two-party-box/2015/10/30/a8827dda-7dae-11e5-beba-927fd8634498_story.html

And then look at his recent activity on Twitter, teasing a run:

https://twitter.com/JimWebbUSA?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 05:09:42 PM »

Webb just amended his FEC filing, and his party is now listed as "UNKNOWN". Looks like he's in.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 05:28:10 PM »

I'm curious if Webb had ran for re-election in 2012 and won, and then followed the same trajectory with his presidential campaign, if he would have defected from the Senate Dem caucus.
AelroseB

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2015, 05:29:57 PM »

I'm curious if Webb had ran for re-election in 2012 and won, and then followed the same trajectory with his presidential campaign, if he would have defected from the Senate Dem caucus.

I doubt that he would have done so.  He's contemplating an indie campaign right now because he has nothing holding him down.
hopper
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2015, 07:43:29 PM »

I could vote for him if Webb ran as an Indie if the Republican Nominee was Trump, or Cruz. I'm not that crazy about Carson's candidacy either.
JMT

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2015, 09:15:32 PM »

Anyone here on Atlas seriously considering voting for Jim Webb if he runs as an independent? 
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2015, 09:17:43 PM »

Anyone here on Atlas seriously considering voting for Jim Webb if he runs as an independent? 

If Trump and Clinton are the nominees yes, unless Gary Johnson is the Libertarian nominee.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 09:20:26 PM »

Unless he's planning to get a lot of help from No Labels, I don't see how he would be able to raise enough money to get on the ballot in that many states.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 01:50:20 AM »

If Trump and Clinton are the nominees yes.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 01:57:03 AM »

If he can get on the ballot here. Since my vote will be a wasted vote no matter what, I'm always open to voting for candidates based on their positions no matter their electability. The only option that's off the table this far in advance is whoever the Constitution Party nominates.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 02:12:35 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2015, 02:14:28 AM by I support Sanders »

If Clinton is the Democratic nominee, yes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies