When when Marco Rubio implode?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:06:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  When when Marco Rubio implode?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
November

December

January

February

March+

His campaign will not implode

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: When when Marco Rubio implode?  (Read 3642 times)
RR1997
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2015, 06:49:45 AM »

As I've mentioned many times, Marco Rubio's campaign is a ticking time bomb that's just waiting to explode. John Kasich and Jeb Bush are already done for IMO. Rubio has been blessed with good debate performances, but considering his history of gaffes and awkward moments, his campaign is probably going to implode.

When will Rubio implode?

I say around January before the Iowa Caucus.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 07:15:35 AM »

As I've mentioned many times, Marco Rubio's campaign is a ticking time bomb that's just waiting to explode. John Kasich and Jeb Bush are already done for IMO. Rubio has been blessed with good debate performances, but considering his history of gaffes and awkward moments, his campaign is probably going to implode.

When will Rubio implode?

Probably around February. He does have a good chance at being VP.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 07:34:18 AM »

When will Rubio implode?

Probably around February. He does have a good chance at being VP.

Whose VP? I can't imagine The Donald or Carson would pick him.
Zache

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 07:52:19 AM »

He'll concede after he gets third in Florida
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 10:02:11 AM »

No, the question is when will Hillary implode, and the answer is when the FBI is done with its investigation...
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 10:07:39 AM »

I suspect RR1997 is right. As the scrutiny on him increases, he'll either crack or repeatedly stumble under the pressure.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 10:51:31 AM »

Everyone seems to be implodding

Problem with Marco is that he has no depth, people compare him to Obama but at least 2008 Obama ran on ending the war in Iraq/health care solution etc Rubio just sounds like a politicians mix tape
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 10:54:18 AM »

I don't know that Marco will necessarily win, but his campaign is definitely not going to implode.
bobloblaw
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 11:21:09 AM »

When will Rubio implode?

What gaffes?
bobloblaw
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 11:21:36 AM »

He'll concede after he gets third in Florida

3rd??? behind whom?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 11:55:14 AM »

At this point I think every candidate will implode including the one who wins.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 12:36:31 PM »

Trump is running as the presumptive nominee, the only one that can beat him is Carson. Rubio will have to make a decision by Feb, if losing VP nomination worth the risk of not being gov of FL. Because Castro is going to be the Dem VP. I said Dec, he will have to go negative on Trump.
mencken
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 12:56:17 PM »

The problem with this reasoning is that I do not necessarily think any of these candidates are going to 'implode'. For example, Carson will still lose the nomination if he cannot get beyond the ~20% of support that he current has (just as Huckabee lost in 2008 without losing most of his supporters). Similarly, Rubio is still on track to lose (even if he does get the support of every other establishment-oriented candidate running) unless he can make inroads with current Trump, Carson, and Cruz supporters. Romney had a ceiling of 25% (almost identical to the current support levels for non-TCC candidates), which only rose into the mid-30s after events in the primary process convinced voters that he was invincible (this actually happened three times: once after his tie in Iowa and landslide in New Hampshire, once after he vanquished Gingrich in Florida, and finally after beating Santorum in Michigan). Rubio does not seem to understand at the moment that you have to play to win; he has not spent that much time in the early states. I would guess that his strategy is to just flood New Hampshire with advertisements the week before the primary, but that seems to be placing all his eggs in one basket (Carson may have done that successfully in Iowa, but he actually has a ground game in his state in addition to the SuperPAC ads.) This could work in theory for Rubio (the combined support for establishment candidates in New Hampshire is ~40%), but it does not take into consideration that four other candidates in the same field will also be making a last stand in New Hampshire. Rubio needs to both deflate Trump (ideally Carson can fulfill this role) and knock Bush, Kasich, Christie, and Fiorina out of contention to win the state, which is a tall order. If he cannot do that, his circumstances get much more difficult in South Carolina and Nevada, and he's DOA on Super Tuesday.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 01:00:44 PM »

I think Rubio is in less danger of imploding, an in more danger of never really catching on in the first place. 

Despite getting a ton of favorable media coverage after the debate, the two polls that we have from after the debate show little to no increase in support for him.  It might very well be that there just isn't much of an appetite for a candidate like Rubio anymore.
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2015, 01:15:33 PM »

I think Rubio has a good shot at the nomination, so I don't think he'll implode.  You can't always predict these things though. 
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 01:23:35 PM »

He'll probably stumble under pressure, and the establishment will keep pushing him anyway because he's all they've got, so he'll crawl through to Super Tuesday until Trump/Cruz finally puts him out of his misery.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 01:29:51 PM »

I say never, but, then again, I would never have predicted Scott Walker's campaign falling apart, either.

Rubio is, for the moment, the most likely nominee, but the same thing was, at certain points, thought of Jeb!!!!!! and Walker.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 01:33:41 PM »

Is there anything to implode? He's been hovering at roughly the same position for months, his campaign lacks any kind of central message, and despite the fact that the pundits love talking about him as the Republican Obama because he's young and a minority, he's a terrible speaker with no presence.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2015, 01:40:34 PM »

Is there anything to implode? He's been hovering at roughly the same position for months, his campaign lacks any kind of central message, and despite the fact that the pundits love talking about him as the Republican Obama because he's young and a minority, he's a terrible speaker with no presence.

Actually I think Rubio is a very good speaker. It's just that he's content challenged, and tends to repeat the same cliches, and his own life story, over, and over, and over again. He needs to expand his repertoire.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2015, 01:46:43 PM »

He's in no worse position to implode than anyone other than Cruz or Trump.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 02:09:46 PM »

At this point I think every candidate will implode including the one who wins.

Seems all too likely. He (or she) who implodes last gets the nomination, so that they can implode vs. Clinton? (And if she implodes too, who knows what happens.)
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »

He's in no worse position to implode than anyone other than Cruz or Trump.
He's the current leader for the nomination of both Betfair and PredictIt, so there's some people who are willing to put money on him winning.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2015, 02:46:56 PM »

January 20th, 2025. After having two successful terms, he will ascend to the Heavens and drink pure waters for eternity.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2015, 02:50:31 PM »

Possibly as soon as people take a critical look at him. Seems like that's been the theme for Republican candidates this cycle (except Trump, of course.)
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2015, 03:29:59 PM »

The question should be when will Trump implode, waiting!  As for Rubio the answer is January 20 2025
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies