Is celebrating Halloween sinful? Why or why not?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:23:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is celebrating Halloween sinful? Why or why not?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is celebrating Halloween sinful? Why or why not?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Is celebrating Halloween sinful? Why or why not?  (Read 2922 times)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 06:41:59 AM »

While I don't agree with her plans, you guys are being dic*s.

C'mon man, these posts are like two hours apart.

But mate, one of the posts are of a reasonable/acceptable  tax plan with people being dic*s to someone's man, the other is saying that Halloween is sinful and can't be celebrated,which will ruin a child's childhood, well for me anyway.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 09:49:45 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2015, 09:54:10 PM by MW Representative RFayette »

But mate, one of the posts are of a reasonable/acceptable  tax plan with people being dic*s to someone's man, the other is saying that Halloween is sinful and can't be celebrated,which will ruin a child's childhood, well for me anyway.

That's kind of silly though.  I could never live without meat, especially bacon, pepperoni, beef, etc., but I know a lot of vegetarians (Hindus) who couldn't care less.  Not celebrating one holiday is hardly "child abuse."

I do agree with you Intell that there's definitely an "edginess" among many of the older, center-left posters here toward younger, generally more right-wing (though not always) posters.  Some of it is deserved (with respect to extreme economic ignorance), but it's definitely doled out too harshly.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2015, 09:55:31 PM »

But mate, one of the posts are of a reasonable/acceptable  tax plan with people being dic*s to someone's man, the other is saying that Halloween is sinful and can't be celebrated,which will ruin a child's childhood, well for me anyway.

That's kind of silly though.  I could never live without meat, especially bacon, pepperoni, beef, etc., but I know a lot of vegetarians (Hindus) who couldn't care less.  Not celebrating one holiday is hardly "child abuse."

I do agree with you Intell that there's definitely an "edginess" among many of the older, center-left posters here toward younger, generally more right-wing (though not always) posters.  Some of it is deserved (with respect to extreme economic ignorance), but it's definitely doled out too harshly.

Yea, probably true, but that's probably because Halloween was the one festival I could actually celebrate, because my  family had a BS that I couldn't celebrate christmas or eater too much, apart from school because they were too christian.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2015, 03:58:55 PM »

We do have an All Souls day. But, that is a Catholic tradtl. Halloween is a pagen way to celebrate our dead ancestors. We know that Vampires and Zombies dont exist.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies