Kentucky 2015 - Predictions and Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:25:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kentucky 2015 - Predictions and Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kentucky 2015 - Predictions and Results Thread  (Read 52776 times)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« on: November 03, 2015, 10:32:39 PM »

"@joesonka: Democratic Sen. Ray Jones on KET saying that Kentucky Democrats don't criticize Barack Obama enough."

This is a glorious march towards extinction.

Maybe Democrats should invest more in their state parties instead of patting themselves on the back for an Electoral College advantage and openly ridiculing the lifestyles of huge segments of the populations.  Despite calls that the RNC has shifted way right, it's perfectly comfortable running socially liberal candidates in places like MA and IL; I think most Dems feel they're "past" needing social conservatives, and that's just wrong if they want to keep governors' mansions and win back legislatures.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 10:41:07 PM »

Well, I guess I should've guessed that Kentucky would be... well, Kentucky. I guess candidate quality isn't an issue anymore, like it was in 2010 and 2012. Republicans will win red states, period.It's amazing that there are people happy about Bevin winning, but then again, there are people who think Ben Carson should be president, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Enjoy your schadenfreude, Republicans, but don't act like you're not a bunch of sore losers when you lose.

Everyone is a d^ck when they win and a b^tch when they lose!  Haha.

I just can't wait for 50 years from now when people look back and say "well the KY Dems were conservatives, they'd be Republicans today!"  More conservative than the national DNC =/= conservative.  There's a reason we've had Democrats vs. Republicans forever, and just as every Dem wanted Conway tonight, if this forum existed in the early '90s, people would have been cheering feverishly for the Southern Democratic delegation to hang on.  Southern Dem =/= Republican.  Sorry for the random rant, but these local elections are always a reminder of that.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 11:26:42 AM »

It's not as terrible as it might appear at first glance. WI, MI, NJ, and ME will probably flip in the next cycle; MD, MA, and IL will be solid D seats once their incumbents retire, and the Dems will have a decent shot in the next election besides. The map is as lopsided as it is right now because the GOP had a really good year in 2014, when most of those governorships were up for election.

No.

Yes? Are you insinuating that with a generic Dem vs a generic Rep, MA would be anything but solid D?

Lmao.

MA certainly doesn't mind its GOP governors, same as much of New England.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 11:28:17 AM »

If it helps the Democrats here any, the new mayor of Indianapolis is a Democrat, Joe Hogsett.

Yeah,  the Democrats are doing really well in the NJ legislature as well.

It really seems like Country = Republicans and Cities = Democrats is becoming all too true across the country.

Indian reservations are a pretty big exception, as well as right along the Mexican border and the Black Belt, but otherwise, yes.
Vermont too

And NH and WI, where the GOP strength/margin when they win comes from the suburbs.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 01:05:59 PM »

You've gone from a self-described rural populist who said Dems should stop forcing gun control and focus on kitchen table issues to someone who apparently scoffs at the rural voters in your state and tries to paint KY Dems as largely cosmopolitan (LOL!) in a number of years ... I smell a hack.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 12:37:35 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2015, 10:46:56 PM by Brittain33 »

How the f*** did Conway manage to win Rowan County?

I know this site's wet dream is a political world where poor, rural, Evangelical Whites make up all Republican votes and wealthy, educated, cosmopolitan post-grads (and of course the minorities they so graciously save) make up all Democratic votes, but that's simply not the case.  According to Wikipedia, that county is relatively poor and registered Democrats outnumber registered Republicans by an almost 3:1 margin ... Not exactly a shocking results.  Shows how lame Conway is as a candidate that he didn't win more counties like this, in fact.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies