Hastert Portrait Removed from House Hallway
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:56:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hastert Portrait Removed from House Hallway
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: FF or HP Move?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Hastert Portrait Removed from House Hallway  (Read 2229 times)
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 11:40:53 AM »

I completely agree with Classic Conservative. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the hush money part either.
I guarantee you that you have never been more wrong in your life.

It is commonsense that structuring should not be a crime when no other crime bring committed let alone when they are a victim of other crimes. What good does taking this case do? It's utter silliness, and they are only doing it as statutes expired for other crimes.

What good does structuring your transactions do? It is worth noting that the prosecutor in such cases is required to prove that the defendant knew about the reporting requirements and purposefully structured their transactions to avoid them. Yes, the law is designed to prevent individuals from hiding the flow of cash to and from criminal activity, but it wouldn't be a very useful law if you had to prove the existence of another crime in order to charge it. The whole point is that the hiding of the money is itself a crime.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 12:12:59 PM »

They apparently put up a portrait of a different speaker from the 1920s when they removed Hastert. So it doesn't sound like Hastert is the only one who doesn't have his portrait currently displayed.  If they had a portrait of everyone except him up, I would be against this, but as it is it's fine.
Bismarck
Chancellor

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 09:35:06 PM »

They apparently put up a portrait of a different speaker from the 1920s when they removed Hastert. So it doesn't sound like Hastert is the only one who doesn't have his portrait currently displayed.  If they had a portrait of everyone except him up, I would be against this, but as it is it's fine.
This.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies