Zero In Polling: Post Dissolution Presidential Approvals
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:22:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Zero In Polling: Post Dissolution Presidential Approvals
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zero In Polling: Post Dissolution Presidential Approvals  (Read 1301 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2015, 06:50:15 PM »

We'd like you to tell us if you approve or disapprove of Post Dissolution Presidents!

Part I is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MKGZPCH
Part II is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M837CBY

Please take it!
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 11:21:43 AM »

RESULTS

Polnut
Approve: 41%
Disapprove: 12%
Not Playing: 47%

Napoleon
Approve: 18%
Disapprove: 47%
Not Playing: 35%

Nathan
Approve: 24%
Disapprove: 41%
Not Playing: 35%

Marokai
Approve: 35%
Disapprove: 35%
Not Playing: 29%

Averroes
Approve: 29%
Disapprove: 41%
Not Playing: 29%

Duke
Approve: 69%
Disapprove: 19%
Not Playing: 12%

DemPGH
Approve: 13%
Disapprove: 75%
Not Playing: 12%

Tyrion
Approve: 25%
Disapprove: 69%
Not Playing: 6%

Cranberry
Approve: 56%
Disapprove: 31%
Not Playing: 13%

Lumine
Approve: 50%
Disapprove: 50%

Bore
Approve: 40%
Disapprove: 60%
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 06:12:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

God I feel old.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 06:14:28 PM »

Quite a pleasant surprise, actually, third place looks very good to me (and I can't compete with Duke or Cranberry).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 10:21:52 AM »

I thank the voters for showing their honor and support for The Era. It's truly amazing how far we've fallen since those days of love, laughter and heavy drinking, but in the words of P. Diddy, it's always darkest before the dawn.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 12:04:12 AM »

I thank the voters for showing their honor and support for The Era. It's truly amazing how far we've fallen since those days of love, laughter and heavy drinking, but in the words of P. Diddy, it's always darkest before the dawn.

Unless you're in the arctic.... then cold and dark lasts a long time.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 01:49:11 AM »

As much as I hated certain circumstances at the time (Tongue), I must say I loved Polnut's term as President. Everything was so much easier and less combative, especially with the major Parties all gone. True you had Nappy and the boys getting into fights and the usual nonsense but the game was peaceful in a way that it has not been since.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 03:41:27 AM »

As much as I hated certain circumstances at the time (Tongue), I must say I loved Polnut's term as President. Everything was so much easier and less combative, especially with the major Parties all gone. True you had Nappy and the boys getting into fights and the usual nonsense but the game was peaceful in a way that it has not been since.

You're welcome. Wink

Also, a poll in which 41% disapprove of Nathan is entirely indicative of this poll being saturated by conservatives and trolls alike, and there are other trends for other Presidents that indicate the same. As such, I don't put much stock in these results.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 10:00:20 AM »

You're welcome. Wink

Also, a poll in which 41% disapprove of Nathan is entirely indicative of this poll being saturated by conservatives and trolls alike, and there are other trends for other Presidents that indicate the same. As such, I don't put much stock in these results.

I'd fully ignore the Napoleon result, as I'd bet that a good deal of the "disapprovals" are just disapproving of his general fact that he was Mercado.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 03:46:51 AM »

You're welcome. Wink

I'd fully ignore the Napoleon result, as I'd bet that a good deal of the "disapprovals" are just disapproving of his general fact that he was Mercado.

Not really. Nappy's second term was god awfull.

November Presidential Approval Ratings
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=165382.0

In your opinion, how has President Napoleon performed his job?
Strongly Approve   1 (2.9%)
Somewhat Approve   3 (8.6%)
Unsure/Don't Know/Don't Care   0 (0%)
Somewhat Disapprove   6 (17.1%)
Strongly Disapprove   25 (71.4%)

Total Voters: 35

Total Approve 12%
Total Disapprove 88%
Net Approve: -76 (-82)

Positive Intensity: -68 (-71)

For a while, it looked like he really wanted to be impeached and he went right up to the brink on that matter.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 03:50:08 AM »

This was the previously two months by the way:

September Presidential Approval Rating
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=159995.0

Strongly Approve   9 (32.1%)
Somewhat Approve   6 (21.4%)
Unsure/Don't Know/Don't Care   2 (7.1%)
Somewhat Disapprove   4 (14.3%)
Strongly Disapprove   7 (25%)

Total Voters: 28

Total Approve: 53%
Total Disapprove: 39%
Net Approval: +14%

Positive Intensity: +7%

October Presidential Approval Rating
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=162665.0

Strongly Approve   12 (37.5%)
Somewhat Approve   4 (12.5%)
Unsure/Don't Know/Don't Care   2 (6.3%)
Somewhat Disapprove   3 (9.4%)
Strongly Disapprove   11 (34.4%)

Total Voters: 32

In his own words, he got reelected, and "lost interest".
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 04:39:24 AM »

You're welcome. Wink

Yeah, but I was talking about Nathan. Napoleon was hated toward the end of his presidency (but still had enough electoral influence to beat me in an at-large special), but yes: looking at his numbers compared to Nathan's (who was in office all of one week to fill the remainder of Napoleon's term after he won that at-large special) is another indicator of wackery and a skewed voting pool.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 12:56:44 PM »

You're welcome. Wink

Yeah, but I was talking about Nathan. Napoleon was hated toward the end of his presidency (but still had enough electoral influence to beat me in an at-large special), but yes: looking at his numbers compared to Nathan's (who was in office all of one week to fill the remainder of Napoleon's term after he won that at-large special) is another indicator of wackery and a skewed voting pool.

Good Times! Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 03:57:22 AM »

I'm sorry but Averroes was one of the greatest presidents of all time!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 01:00:55 AM »

I'm sorry but Averroes was one of the greatest presidents of all time!

He was active, but variably engaged. He was also rather disingenous at times. He was a member of the Senate when I started the Duke-Yankee Mental health bill debate, and posted an endorsement of the project. He also knew it was a blank sheet of paper when it began. However, upon becoming President he completely disengaged from the debate, only to come back at the end and veto it and blame his lack of engagement on the length. Which was of course bull sh..t because he had ample opportunity to state what he was willing to support and what he would not, whilst the bill was still a blank slate. Whether you agree with his actions or not, it is impossible to say that he placed a priority on this issue.

He also made it part of the Presidential agenda to abolish the Senate committees, and pushed for a Partisan Senate administration, both of which were the exclusive responsibility of the Senate. He also like so many other IRC regulars knew about Rimjob ahead of time and like the other Laborites who knew, preffered to blindside Marokai as opposed to giving their own President a heads up. Lastly, his plan for a post consolidation gov't plan was supplanted by Duke's approach.

He was probably good over all, but he was not the greatest, not by a longshot.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 12:07:46 PM »

I still think Marokai is grossly unappreciated. I had the most fun during his presidency in this game than I have had in years. That was also the time of the original TPP, and that just added to the experience.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 01:19:56 PM »

I still think Marokai is grossly unappreciated. I had the most fun during his presidency in this game than I have had in years. That was also the time of the original TPP, and that just added to the experience.

Indeed, I liked Maroduke a lot. Smiley Though Duke/Cincy was better.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies