FY 2016 Budget (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:03:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FY 2016 Budget (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: FY 2016 Budget (Passed)  (Read 6818 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2015, 04:22:12 PM »
« edited: February 04, 2016, 03:05:44 PM by Speaker Cris »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: Senator Barnes
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »

We need to make our armed forces great again. We have a pitifully weak army now. If Russia decided tomorrow to invade our country, they would do so with the force of a thousand suns and conquer us. We need to make our military so strong that we won't even have to use it.

I will be proposing a massive expansion of our armed forces and a massive tax cut for all in the coming days.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 05:05:35 PM »

We need to make our armed forces great again. We have a pitifully weak army now. If Russia decided tomorrow to invade our country, they would do so with the force of a thousand suns and conquer us. We need to make our military so strong that we won't even have to use it.

I will be proposing a massive expansion of our armed forces and a massive tax cut for all in the coming days.
Well,
I guess I'm dreaming.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 11:10:56 PM »

I'm not even sure what your tack is these days.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 11:28:42 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2015, 11:32:35 PM by MW Senator Max »

I'm not even sure what your tack is these days.

Greatness, that's my tack!

We are facing a massive recession, that has lasted for years. I want to take the path that has always worked - expanding government spending, reducing taxes, lowering interest rates. Whatever the federal reserve here, I assume, has done their job, we need to do ours. And right now a prominent concern is the safety of our people - which is in grave danger thanks to an improperly funded military. We need to make our military great again.

We are also overtaxed. The lower, middle, and upper class is being shafted by this government in the name of "balancing the budget", a nightmarish concept. We need to reduce taxes across the board and encourage growth.

DEFICITS BE DAMNED!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 11:33:14 PM »

To put it simply - I am a Ronald Reagan Laborite!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 12:18:58 AM »

The budget debate last year lasted about four months, if my memory serves me correctly.  It is my hope that the Senate can move a tad more efficiently this time around -- but this could indeed be a pipe dream!

I am looking forward to each Senators' proposals for the budget.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 02:07:51 AM »

I am curious, just how many of your Friday voters are going to tell me they wished they had voted later when it is all said and done. Tongue It was already at two.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 10:33:52 AM »

I am curious, just how many of your Friday voters are going to tell me they wished they had voted later when it is all said and done. Tongue It was already at two.

Excuse me Senator Thurmond, why don't you focus on your own Senate bid instead of meddling in the affairs of hardworking citizens of the Midwest. More proof that, once again, my opponent was merely a prop of the Federalist agenda to ensnare this government into the vile ways of regionialism, balanced budgetism, and continual decline. Only when a Senator challenges your ways can the game truly prosper. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 01:12:19 PM »

Excuse me Senator Thurmond, why don't you focus on your own Senate bid instead of meddling in the affairs of hardworking citizens of the Midwest. More proof that, once again, my opponent was merely a prop of the Federalist agenda to ensnare this government into the vile ways of regionialism, balanced budgetism, and continual decline. Only when a Senator challenges your ways can the game truly prosper. 

You got that backwards, only when Senator's ways are challenged will the game prosper, ie competative elections. Tongue

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 09:12:50 PM »

I'll just fume some thoughts here -

We need to cut taxes for all people, my proposal for that part of the budget is the following -

$0-$40k - 0%
$40K-$125K - 15%
$125K-$250K - 25%
$250K-$1M - 40%
$1M - Onward - 50%

Business Taxes
$250K-$10M - 7.5%
$10M - Onwards - 15%

Military Spending - We need to double it.

Military Retirement - We need to co-ordinate it with Military Spending in some way. Possibly double it, not sure as of yet.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 09:55:12 PM »

If deficits are as meaningless as you say, why stop there? Why not abolish taxes and conscript everyone?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 11:08:07 PM »

If deficits are as meaningless as you say, why stop there? Why not abolish taxes and conscript everyone?
Great idea! Then the Treasury can give everyone a trillion dollar coin and a free pony!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 11:17:10 PM »

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said deficits were meaningless, excessive deficits can be harmful, when they are enough to mount our debt above our GDP like the case in Japan. We are in a position where, like most businesses, we can run some debt when we need to invest in ourselves. My proposals may go a little far, I haven't calculated the numbers myself, but we need to start thinking because, once again, we are in a years deep recession with no end in sight.

Surprising that the Dynamic Trio has no reading comprehension.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 04:02:14 PM »

To be a pedantic pain you're going to have to add all the Senate spending bills into the budget, as whilst I was in the Senate at least a lot of new programs were approved 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 05:16:14 PM »

To be a pedantic pain you're going to have to add all the Senate spending bills into the budget, as whilst I was in the Senate at least a lot of new programs were approved 

This is definitely true. It's why, among other reasons, I've slowed down promoting ideas for the budget. We need the GM to project some figures about that spending and maybe inflation numbers.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 06:33:03 AM »

Bump.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 03:25:42 AM »

Indeed and though it has been brought up, a lot of budgets were made expecting that the Senate would run up a huge tab the rest of the year. So whilst it is easy to point to on paper surpluses in past budgets, when you account for the fact that such spending was not accounted and adjusted for until the next budget, more than likely most of those narrow surpluses in reality turned out to be deficits.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 04:26:24 PM »

Now that we have a confirmed GM for the first time in over a month, I hope that we can finally move forward with this.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 04:31:47 PM »

Now that we have a confirmed GM for the first time in over a month, I hope that we can finally move forward with this.

As do I!

I have never thought that it was fair that one person should be dumped with figuring out how much other peoples' legislation cost, but I think Rpryor's talents would be put to good use with the budget.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 07:41:11 PM »

Believe me, I'm working on scoring all legislation since the last budget. It's tons of fun,
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 08:36:54 AM »

Bump.
When the numbers will be available? We need to pass the budget soon.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 10:02:52 AM »

The conservatives in this body should consider placing hard spending caps on the budget. That's how it works in the real world, some projects just have to go underfunded for a time. Implement something similar to the spending plan I laid out in the Right Way thread.

Somebody needs to take the dire taxation situation seriously. This has always been the role of the fiscal right. If you all need help crafting the caps or the legislation, feel free to ask me.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 10:07:48 AM »

Updated the appropriations based on Senate spending since the last budget.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2015, 10:33:50 AM »

Surely with this budget its time to pass a stimlus to help the regions, and stop the slide into economic disaster that seems to be approaching
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies