Confirmation of Bacon King as Justice (Debating)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:05:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation of Bacon King as Justice (Debating)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Confirmation of Bacon King as Justice (Debating)  (Read 4465 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2015, 02:57:38 PM »

This is not the right thread to speak about electoral issues. There's an entire board (Atlas Fantasy Elections) available. Smiley
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2015, 03:00:48 PM »

So Simfan is upset that he's finally facing the results of his actions? Only an extreme dissolutionist WOULDN'T bother to put that notorious criminal away.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2015, 03:24:34 PM »

So Simfan is upset that he's finally facing the results of his actions? Only an extreme dissolutionist WOULDN'T bother to put that notorious criminal away.

I have known Simfan since his days in, that Party I am not suppose to mention but f... it, RPP, and I must say his worst enemy time and again has usually been himself.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2015, 03:32:33 PM »

Simfan called me out for betraying something and now refers to the administration I'm serving with as failed yet he isn't even a registered voter? What on earth did I do to him?

I guess it doesn't matter. It seems like the new norm is disliking people for no reason.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2015, 03:34:52 PM »

Simfan called me out for betraying something and now refers to the administration I'm serving with as failed yet he isn't even a registered voter? What on earth did I do to him?

I guess it doesn't matter. It seems like the new norm is disliking people for no reason.

I guess that is the price we pay for not having a Hamilton/Napoleon around for everyone to focus their hate on so they can love everybody else.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2015, 04:29:22 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2015, 04:31:53 PM by Simfan34 »

You have not failed. You can never fail, Dukey. Smiley

But you all are right. The hallowed chambers of this house are not the place for me to be arguing about my record, or talking about myself in general. Best save that for some other place, some other time.

I am simply here to say that Bacon King, despite whatever blemishes there may be in BK's past, is by far and away the most qualified person for this post, to an almost ludicrous degree. If I feel confident in saying this despite my long personal history of being frustrated with many of BK's political decisions, I cannot see how this house should fail to do the same. You can object to some of the ends to which BK's talents have been applied, but the sheer breadth and depth of those talents should overwhelming override such concerns, when considering if those very same talents should now be employed in upholding the law of the land in its highest court-- and the answer to that question can only possibly be a most resounding yes.

I thank the members of this house for putting up with my presence for as long as they have, and I'll now be off. Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2015, 04:45:16 PM »

Thanks, simfan. I'm trying not to fail anyone. Purple heart

What I don't get is why everyone is acting like BK was rejected. Regardless of how people assume the vote would go, BK withdrew from consideration. No vote was held. Therefore holding the senate at fault for failing to confirm him isn't fair. God knows how that vote would have gone.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2015, 04:59:52 PM »

Thanks, simfan. I'm trying not to fail anyone. Purple heart

What I don't get is why everyone is acting like BK was rejected. Regardless of how people assume the vote would go, BK withdrew from consideration. No vote was held. Therefore holding the senate at fault for failing to confirm him isn't fair. God knows how that vote would have gone.

Duke, come on, we know exactly how it would have went.

Aye: Me, Talleyrand, Maxwell, Barnes

Nay: PiT, Truman, JoMCAR, Cris, Lumine, NC Yankee (Reluctant)

BK withdrew his nomination because it was apparent he had no chance in face of this solid wall of political resistance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies