OH: 2015 Referendum General Election Result - Issue 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:31:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: 2015 Referendum General Election Result - Issue 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH: 2015 Referendum General Election Result - Issue 3  (Read 1272 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2015, 07:04:17 PM »

New Election: 2015 Ohio Referendum General Election Results

Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 07:24:44 PM »

A lot of people thought the monopoly language might of caused it to fail, but with such a margin. Even without the monopoly included it would of failed by 7-14% points, instead of 28%.

also, lol at the athens county result. That has to hurt.

How do you come to that conclusion?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 09:27:14 PM »

I'm amazed at the Athens County results. Yes only out polled the statewide percentage by a couple points.

I'm interested to learn if Issue 3 won any municipalities at all. It may've come close in Cinci, and not quite as close in Cleveland. Since Jefferson County gave the strongest Yes vote in the state, maybe Stuebenville?

Other than that maybe some ultra-hippie places like Oberlin or Yellow Springs. Then again, if Issue 3 got walloped in freaking ATHENS........
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 12:42:38 AM »

I'm amazed at the Athens County results. Yes only out polled the statewide percentage by a couple points.

I'm interested to learn if Issue 3 won any municipalities at all. It may've come close in Cinci, and not quite as close in Cleveland. Since Jefferson County gave the strongest Yes vote in the state, maybe Stuebenville?

Other than that maybe some ultra-hippie places like Oberlin or Yellow Springs. Then again, if Issue 3 got walloped in freaking ATHENS........

I'm also at a bit of a loss to explain the results. I suppose one thing to keep in mind is that there really wasn't much variation between different parts of the state; even the Cinci area was only ~5 points more in favor than the other major cities.

If I were to guess a municipality that Issue 3 won, I'd go with Cleveland Heights. I'd be pretty shocked if Issue 3 won Cleveland.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 11:21:54 PM »

Pretty bad county map for an initiative that got 35.9% statewide. Best was Jefferson at 42.36%.

Didn't Ohio also have an initiative on gerrymandering, where fair districts won easily? Can anyone find or post that?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 04:56:20 PM »

Pretty bad county map for an initiative that got 35.9% statewide. Best was Jefferson at 42.36%.

Didn't Ohio also have an initiative on gerrymandering, where fair districts won easily? Can anyone find or post that?

Here you go:

bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 05:27:38 PM »

What about issue 2? Easily close enough not to be a sweep of all the counties.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 05:34:14 PM »

What about issue 2? Easily close enough not to be a sweep of all the counties.

Here:

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 07:12:19 PM »

I don't understand this. Seems to have no partisan correlation when it could be easily explained as a right wing measure.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 09:31:43 PM »

I don't understand this. Seems to have no partisan correlation when it could be easily explained as a right wing measure.

Maybe it failed in greater Cincy for the same reason that issue 3 did better there than in greater Cleveland - "vote yes to stop greedy white collar businessmen from hijacking democracy" plays much better in Cleveland than Cincinnati. But that doesn't explain Portage, Lake, Ashtabula, and Trumbull counties.

Also in the area, Portage voted more against it than any other county (56-44 against), and Geauga voted for it with the same margin as Portage (57-43 for). What's going on over there? Is it just the students of Kent State?

This map is making my head spin. The only thing that makes sense is the easy victory in Pub stronghold Mercer county out west. Is there any correlation between votes against and the places where the oligopoly planned to grow the weed? Maybe something else I'm not thinking of? Random noise?
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 10:14:17 PM »

Maybe it failed in greater Cincy for the same reason that issue 3 did better there than in greater Cleveland - "vote yes to stop greedy white collar businessmen from hijacking democracy" plays much better in Cleveland than Cincinnati. But that doesn't explain Portage, Lake, Ashtabula, and Trumbull counties.

Also in the area, Portage voted more against it than any other county (56-44 against), and Geauga voted for it with the same margin as Portage (57-43 for). What's going on over there? Is it just the students of Kent State?

This map is making my head spin. The only thing that makes sense is the easy victory in Pub stronghold Mercer county out west. Is there any correlation between votes against and the places where the oligopoly planned to grow the weed? Maybe something else I'm not thinking of? Random noise?

Also, when's the last time we've seen an Ohio election map where Trumbull and Mahoning voted opposite ways?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies