Hillary says we should be better pals with Netanyahu
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:20:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary says we should be better pals with Netanyahu
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hillary says we should be better pals with Netanyahu  (Read 1177 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2015, 03:05:13 AM »

Yeah, right after he blamed the Holocaust on Palestinians, she wants us to be his best buddies.

http://forward.com/opinion/national/324013/how-i-would-forge-better-ties-to-israel-and-rebuild-bond-with-benjamin-neta/#ixzz3qZwn10R9
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 03:08:47 AM »

Ugh no...
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 03:27:25 AM »

Good for Hillary.  I don't agree with her much, but she is much better than Sanders, no doubt.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 04:07:16 AM »

Jesus Christ, Is she crazy?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 06:57:21 AM »

Considering Netanyahu is the leader of the country and she's a politician. This isn't exactly revelatory. It's not like St Bernie is going to make the left happy on Israel.

But, personally, no Hillary, you don't need to go down this path.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 07:28:41 AM »

We are best buddies with Israel!
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 07:40:46 AM »

The text is the regular American commitment to Israel speech and doesn't really call for an "Unbreakable bond with Netanyahu". She says she'd invite him to the White House in first month to imply they'd have a better relationship than Obama-Bibi but it's almost as if the paper wrote its own headline. If she's affectionate to any Israeli PM in this, it's the memory of Rabin.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 10:36:54 AM »

Well, she's right, we do.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 10:54:16 AM »

Considering Netanyahu is the leader of the country and she's a politician. This isn't exactly revelatory. It's not like St Bernie is going to make the left happy on Israel.

But, personally, no Hillary, you don't need to go down this path.
Angel of Death
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 11:05:46 AM »

This is just Hillary being her usual opportunist self. In the long run, the Palestinians are better off with an American administration that is openly hostile to them from the start, so we don't get the same old "honest broker" BS.
bobloblaw
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 11:22:51 AM »

The Mufti of Jerusalem was indeed pro-Nazi and opposed the relocation of Jews in the 1930s to the Palestine Mandate
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 11:51:08 AM »

The Mufti of Jerusalem was indeed pro-Nazi and opposed the relocation of Jews in the 1930s to the Palestine Mandate.

So? He had no role in the planning or execution of the Holocaust.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 12:16:30 PM »

The Mufti of Jerusalem was indeed pro-Nazi and opposed the relocation of Jews in the 1930s to the Palestine Mandate.

So? He had no role in the planning or execution of the Holocaust.

He encouraged it and actively urged Hitler to invade the British Mandate and kill all the Jews for him.

Mastermind? No. Accessory? Absolutely.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 12:21:57 PM »

Barf.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 01:19:52 PM »

You're not best buddies, you're their only buddy. Out of about 210 states in the world, USA is the only country that gives support to the current non-state of Israel. Israeli prime ministers have tried hard to destroy their state from the inside mightily for the past 15 years and they have succeeded extraordinarily.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 01:25:20 PM »

You're not best buddies, you're their only buddy. Out of about 210 states in the world, USA is the only country that gives support to the current non-state of Israel. Israeli prime ministers have tried hard to destroy their state from the inside mightily for the past 15 years and they have succeeded extraordinarily.

I'm pretty sure that Israel is a state by any definition.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »

I don't understand what people are getting so worked up about.  Sounds like the standard "I love Israel" statement everyone credible seeking the presidency has to put out.  Am I missing something?  I mean the title of the thread and the OP spice it up but when you read the actual text of Hillary's statement it is standard boilerplate stuff.  It would be news if she said something different.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 01:34:52 PM »

It's been a non-state during approximately the last 15 years due to its current racist and fascist policies that every single country in the world except for the USA forcefully have opposed every single step of the journey.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 01:35:52 PM »

It's been a non-state during approximately the last 15 years due to its current racist and fascist policies that every single country in the world except for the USA forcefully have opposed every single step of the journey.

So, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. aren't states? Because all of those are about a hundred times more "Racist" or "fascist" than Israel.
bobloblaw
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 01:37:52 PM »

Norway has emerged as one of the most anti-Israeli countries in the world.

You are Jew hater pure and simple. Racist policies and fascist policies? Why no peep from you about the genocide aginst christians in the middle east? Because you prefer the blame the Jooos. Europeans are congenital Jew haters. They are born that way and dont need the help of Muslim immigrants to unveil their 2000 year hatred of Jews that was only tempered for a few decades after WW2.
bobloblaw
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 01:38:18 PM »

So, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. aren't states? Because all of those are about a hundred times more "Racist" or "fascist" than Israel.

But they arent Jewish, so it doesnt matter
bobloblaw
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 01:39:10 PM »

Israel has all sort of economic and military ties with nations like India, Canada and Australia.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2015, 01:39:30 PM »

Are you trying to claim that states can't be racist? Have you never lived in a country with a government?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 01:40:19 PM »

In order to no longer be a state Israel would have to lose all of it's territory.  The majority of countries around the world recognize Israel as a sovereign state.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 01:41:18 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2015, 01:45:01 PM by eric82oslo »

You know what I mean with non-state, it's metaphorical dude.

With Israel I mean their leaders of course, not the population. I have tens of Israeli friends that I'm very happy with. Smiley The silliest attacks I get is people calling me things like Jew hater and even worse things. If people could only get interested in the issues at hand instead of resorting to the Trumpian need to call each other names all the time for the sake of instant entertainment.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies