Hillary says we should be better pals with Netanyahu
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:15:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary says we should be better pals with Netanyahu
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hillary says we should be better pals with Netanyahu  (Read 1175 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 01:44:44 PM »

The Mufti of Jerusalem was indeed pro-Nazi and opposed the relocation of Jews in the 1930s to the Palestine Mandate.

So? He had no role in the planning or execution of the Holocaust.

He encouraged it and actively urged Hitler to invade the British Mandate and kill all the Jews for him.

Mastermind? No. Accessory? Absolutely.

A friend of mine who's a history major who I bum cigs from and vice-versa is doing a term paper on the Islamic soldiers who fought in favor of the Axis powers (I don't know the exact terms; platoon? legion?), and I believed referred to how the Mufti was such a popular figure with Muslims he attracted adherents from as far away as China to join the Axis forces. Again, I don't know the details, but I believe these concepts are connected.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 02:00:24 PM »

He encouraged it and actively urged Hitler to invade the British Mandate and kill all the Jews for him.

So you admit that Bibi was wrong when he implied that the Holocaust as we know it wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the Mutfi saying "burn them" (which has no citation backing that quote up, by the way)?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 02:01:45 PM »

Jews have always been an important part of the Democratic coalition both in votes and in fundraising. The Obama admin's recent strained relationship with Israel has at least hurt the fundraising bit as reported by WSJ earlier this year. Hillary is trying to fix that. It is pretty much Politics 101.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 02:04:06 PM »

Jews have always been an important part of the Democratic coalition both in votes and in fundraising. The Obama admin's recent strained relationship with Israel has at least hurt the fundraising bit as reported by WSJ earlier this year. Hillary is trying to fix that. It is pretty much Politics 101.

It's funny how sometimes stereotypes play themselves out.
bobloblaw
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2015, 02:13:32 PM »

You're not best buddies, you're their only buddy. Out of about 210 states in the world, USA is the only country that gives support to the current non-state of Israel. Israeli prime ministers have tried hard to destroy their state from the inside mightily for the past 15 years and they have succeeded extraordinarily.

I'm pretty sure that Israel is a state by any definition.

It's been a non-state during approximately the last 15 years due to its current racist and fascist policies that every single country in the world except for the USA forcefully have opposed every single step of the journey.

So, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. aren't states? Because all of those are about a hundred times more "Racist" or "fascist" than Israel.

You know what I mean with non-state, it's metaphorical dude.

With Israel I mean their leaders of course, not the population. I have tens of Israeli friends that I'm very happy with. Smiley The silliest attacks I get is people calling me things like Jew hater and even worse things. If people could only get interested in the issues at hand instead of resorting to the Trumpian need to call each other names all the time for the sake of instant entertainment.

"" I have tens of Israeli friends that I'm very happy with.""

I am reminded when racists say "But I have lots of black friends"
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 02:34:02 PM »

You're not best buddies, you're their only buddy. Out of about 210 states in the world, USA is the only country that gives support to the current non-state of Israel. Israeli prime ministers have tried hard to destroy their state from the inside mightily for the past 15 years and they have succeeded extraordinarily.

It's been a non-state during approximately the last 15 years due to its current racist and fascist policies that every single country in the world except for the USA forcefully have opposed every single step of the journey.

So, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. aren't states? Because all of those are about a hundred times more "Racist" or "fascist" than Israel.

With Israel I mean their leaders of course, not the population. I have tens of Israeli friends that I'm very happy with. Smiley The silliest attacks I get is people calling me things like Jew hater and even worse things. If people could only get interested in the issues at hand instead of resorting to the Trumpian need to call each other names all the time for the sake of instant entertainment.

Obvious difference being you can criticize the government of a black country without reflexively being called a racist.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2015, 02:43:34 PM »

Obvious difference being you can criticize the government of a black country without reflexively being called a racist.

Do you even know mathematics? There's extremely little to bind a population and a government/leader/prime minister together. I absolutely detest the current Norwegian government, does that mean that I hate all Norwegians including my own family? (My parents support the government btw lol, perhaps cause they've always lived their lives in Norway while I kind of consider myself a citizen of the globe.)
bobloblaw
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2015, 02:45:58 PM »

No one ever criticizes leaders of "black" countries. And Yes, I think the media in the west is reluctant to be too harsh on Mugabe or Zuma. But criticism of african countries doesnt end up questioning the legitimacy of their existence.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2015, 02:50:22 PM »

No one ever criticizes leaders of "black" countries.

Mugabe says "hi".
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2015, 02:52:36 PM »

But criticism of african countries doesnt end up questioning the legitimacy of their existence.

I'm pretty sure there have been numerous new countries created in Africa just in my lifetime because there is a generally accepted recognition that most of the borders in Africa are a sick joke.  What planet have you been hiding on?
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2015, 03:01:39 PM »

No one ever criticizes leaders of "black" countries. And Yes, I think the media in the west is reluctant to be too harsh on Mugabe or Zuma. But criticism of african countries doesnt end up questioning the legitimacy of their existence.

Maybe because they're poor and thus insignificant? I totally agree on Mugabe and Zuma btw. Zuma is laughing-my-ass-off ignorant and Mugabe is racist-beyond-imagination.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2015, 03:01:50 PM »

So you admit that Bibi was wrong when he implied that the Holocaust as we know it wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the Mutfi saying "burn them" (which has no citation backing that quote up, by the way)?

Yes, I have from the start. It was a massive misstatement that gave anti-semites ammunition to go on for years.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 11:39:13 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2015, 11:41:31 PM by DavidB. »

Norway has emerged as one of the most anti-Israeli countries in the world.

You are Jew hater pure and simple. Racist policies and fascist policies? Why no peep from you about the genocide aginst christians in the middle east? Because you prefer the blame the Jooos.

I love you, bobloblaw.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2015, 12:20:14 AM »

A friend of mine who's a history major who I bum cigs from and vice-versa is doing a term paper on the Islamic soldiers who fought in favor of the Axis powers (I don't know the exact terms; platoon? legion?), and I believed referred to how the Mufti was such a popular figure with Muslims he attracted adherents from as far away as China to join the Axis forces. Again, I don't know the details, but I believe these concepts are connected.

The SS Handschar division was used in a counter-insurgency role in Yugoslavia and consisted of Bosnian Muslims. Other then that Muslims in the Axis played a tiny insignificant role barley (if at all) worth mentioning.
kansasdemocrat
Rookie

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2015, 12:22:02 AM »

Couldn't agree more. Let's invite him back to the White House for a meeting and drone him in-flight!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2015, 12:25:51 AM »

Here are the top 4 countries for military aid.
Israel 2.94B
Afghanistan 1.88B
Egypt 1.24B
Jordan 330M

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid

Note that besides Afghanistan, almost all of our foreign military aid is to Israel and the two neighbors of Israel that aren't hostile to Israel.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies