Sanders: Clinton flip-flops a “character issue”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:39:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders: Clinton flip-flops a “character issue”
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sanders: Clinton flip-flops a “character issue”  (Read 3366 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2015, 04:37:11 AM »

http://www.wsj.com/articles/bernie-sanders-takes-gloves-off-against-hillary-clinton-in-interview-1446684586

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 05:40:17 AM »

Absolutely. I've been saying this all along. Go Bernie!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 06:09:54 AM »

I don't think regurgitating Republican talking points (especially on Murdoch's Wall Street Journal) will sit well with most Democrats.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 06:54:46 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2015, 06:58:14 AM by Fmr President & Senator Polnut »

Never changing views, always having the same opinions... What a luxury.

Either way, give it your best crack Bernie.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 08:51:54 AM »

His campaign is really getting sad and desperate.
bobloblaw
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 09:17:55 AM »

Well duh, she is also a flip flopper on the"war on women" as well. No one has waged more war on women than Bill Clinton
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 11:35:19 AM »

Clinton has changed her positions not because of a lack of character, but because she's pragmatic.  Idealism is nice, but in order to make any progress, the president needs to be pragmatic.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 12:08:49 PM »

I don't think regurgitating Republican talking points (especially on Murdoch's Wall Street Journal) will sit well with most Democrats.

Only someone exceedingly closed-minded would think that something is untrue just because a Republican says it.
bobloblaw
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 12:12:40 PM »

Clinton has changed her positions not because of a lack of character, but because she's pragmatic.  Idealism is nice, but in order to make any progress, the president needs to be pragmatic.

yeah, no one believes that.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 12:14:34 PM »

So Sanders has already flip-flopped from his position on October 13?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 12:15:46 PM »

His campaign is really getting sad and desperate.

Yeah he sees he's falling in the polls so he's changing his position on the emails thing in order to try and bring her numbers down. Bernie's brand of politics isn't cut out for a national campaign so he's becoming a #basicpolitician.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 12:39:29 PM »

Well the next Dem debate will be more interesting if Bernie has decided to go after Clinton more aggressively. Of course there is a danger in that she has high favorables so even some of his own supporters actually like Clinton. Dems rallied to her side after the Benghazi hearing, if he starts saying some of the same things those guys on the committee were saying he could end up hurting himself more.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 12:51:25 PM »

Well the next Dem debate will be more interesting if Bernie has decided to go after Clinton more aggressively. Of course there is a danger in that she has high favorables so even some of his own supporters actually like Clinton. Dems rallied to her side after the Benghazi hearing, if he starts saying some of the same things those guys on the committee were saying he could end up hurting himself more.
PPP's Iowa poll has Clinton's favorability at 49/30 with Sanders supporters.  In New Hampshire, she's at 61/19 with Sanders supporters.  Her favorables with all Democrats are exactly the same in the two polls so it looks like in NH Sanders has won over more people who like Clinton.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 12:54:05 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2015, 01:00:24 PM by eric82oslo »

That is one way to see the world, as 100% completely static and I respect Bernie for having that opinion. In my world view the world is quite dynamic, and with stuff like bin Laden & ISIS in fact so completely crazy that one could never ever ever have anticipated it 20 years prior. But if Sanders thinks he already has the answers to the bin Ladens and ISISes of 2035, I can just salute him and tell him that that's really sweet. Smiley
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 12:58:26 PM »

There you said it. When you don't hate on me because of Carson (and for some inexplicable reason absolutely adore Trump lol), you're usually quite reasonable and likeable. Cheesy
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 02:01:05 PM »

I thought everyone was so happy when Bernie stood up for what he thought was right and bravely told the American public that the news media needed to shut up about her "damn emails"? Oh, well.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 02:44:46 PM »

I think changing one's mind on occasion is okay, but a pattern based on timing becomes troubling. Senator Sanders has changed his position on illegal immigration and now appears to have changed his views on the second amendment, but I think on most things, he has been consistent. Mrs. Clinton is a hack, an opportunist who will say or do anything to be elected. Democrats who are for Sanders are looking for authenticity, Democrats who are for Clinton only like her because of her last name or because she's a woman.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 02:46:24 PM »

I thought everyone was so happy when Bernie stood up for what he thought was right and bravely told the American public that the news media needed to shut up about her "damn emails"? Oh, well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2015/11/05/morning-plum-bernie-sanders-goes-hard-at-hillary-clinton/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clinton has changed her positions not because of a lack of character, but because she's pragmatic.  Idealism is nice, but in order to make any progress, the president needs to be pragmatic.

yeah, no one believes that.

I believe it in so far as telling voters whatever the hell they want to hear is pragmatic for someone running for president.

This won't stop her from winning the nomination but it might make it more awkward for her to reverse herself from campaign positions if she wins.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 02:57:57 PM »

Bernie Sanders seems to have revised his opinion of Hillary Clinton's email server.

October 13th:  "The American people are sick and tired of hearing about your damn emails."
November 4th: "You get 12 seconds to say these things. There’s an investigation going on right now. I did not say, 'End the investigation.' That’s silly."

Thoughts?
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 03:20:28 PM »

Bernie Sanders seems to have revised his opinion of Hillary Clinton's email server.

October 13th:  "The American people are sick and tired of hearing about your damn emails."
November 4th: "You get 12 seconds to say these things. There’s an investigation going on right now. I did not say, 'End the investigation.' That’s silly."

Thoughts?

Not a big flip-flip. Fine to investigate what was going on but the media should stop acting like it's the most important issue in the election.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 03:25:27 PM »

Yawn, saying the FBI shouldn't end their investigation isn't a flip flop.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 06:02:00 PM »

So now the "damn emails" matter? I guess the emails suddenly are a concern now that polling is not looking that good.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2015, 06:07:59 PM »

So now the "damn emails" matter? I guess the emails suddenly are a concern now that polling is not looking that good.

Really starting to look like Sanders will say anything to get power.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 09:59:09 PM »

He should never have made that "damn e-mails" comment, as this investigation was always relevant, as would any investigation of Jeb Bush's server. It was stupid for Bernie to not have been more aggressive from the get-go.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 10:02:48 PM »

Sanders flip flops!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to: