Rubio near turning point as GOP powerhouse begins to coalesce around him?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:26:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rubio near turning point as GOP powerhouse begins to coalesce around him?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rubio near turning point as GOP powerhouse begins to coalesce around him?  (Read 2286 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2015, 04:06:50 PM »

I mean, I can see it, Jeb is floundering and equal to Huckabee, Fiorina, Christie, Paul levels of support, and most of that support that he had seems to be coalescing around Rubio, so to me it makes sense.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/06/upshot/marco-rubio-and-republican-party-seem-near-a-turning-point.html?_r=0
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 04:11:09 PM »

Considering the polls, it doesn't matter. The GOP is hellbent on nominating a moron because that is what happens when you base policy on appealing to said morons.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 04:16:04 PM »

Considering the polls, it doesn't matter. The GOP is hellbent on nominating a moron because that is what happens when you base policy on appealing to said morons.

Trying to appeal to the far right only pushes the center-right crowd out and makes the Democrats more appealing to said demographic. I feel eventually the party will wake out and move back to being a center-right party instead of the PARTY OF TRUMP.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 04:24:53 PM »

Trying to appeal to the far right only pushes the center-right crowd out and makes the Democrats more appealing to said demographic. I feel eventually the party will wake out and move back to being a center-right party instead of the PARTY OF TRUMP.

The Party of Trump is a center-right party.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 04:25:27 PM »

So much hype for a candidate that is behind both Trump and Carson in every state, except Florida where he seems to be in a statistical tie with Carson for 2nd.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 04:29:21 PM »

Really pathetic how the establishment a and media keep trying to force these mediocre candidates down our throats. Kasich, Fiorina, now Rubs.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 04:36:05 PM »

Really pathetic how the establishment a and media keep trying to force these mediocre candidates down our throats. Kasich, Fiorina, now Rubs.

You must hate the fact that Rubio's wife is something other than a model, he's got good hair, he's smart, he's a capitalist, he's everything Trump isn't.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 04:38:04 PM »

You must hate the fact that Rubio's wife is something other than a model, he's got good hair, he's smart, he's a capitalist, he's everything Trump isn't.

You're totally obsessed with people's wives. What's with that?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 05:32:17 PM »

Pretty much. As more and more wannabes drop out, Rubio is the candidate who will keep rising. Eventually, he'll be able to overcome the two clowns. While Trump and Carson combined likely have more support than him, neither is going to concede early.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 05:53:00 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2015, 05:56:00 PM by I support Sanders »

Pretty much. As more and more wannabes drop out, Rubio is the candidate who will keep rising. Eventually, he'll be able to overcome the two clowns. While Trump and Carson combined likely have more support than him, neither is going to concede early.
I think you're underestimating John Kasich.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 05:56:32 PM »

You either forget our underestimate John Kasich.

Kasich is at 3% everywhere but on this Forum.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 05:57:31 PM »

You must hate the fact that Rubio's wife is something other than a model,

Rubio's wife is a football cheerleader, not some dumb model.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 05:59:04 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2015, 06:01:45 PM by Lief 🐋 »

-Loser
-Terrible with money
-Looks like a baby
-Pro-amnesty
-Establishment puppet

Huh I guess you're right!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 06:24:01 PM »

I think you're underestimating John Kasich.

John Kasich took the easiest bait in the world that Trump laid out for him. There's a 0% chance that Kasich wins the nomination.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 06:49:38 PM »

Jeb's top FL fundraiser defected to Rubio.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 06:56:04 PM »

Cruz is polling as well as Rubio but you wouldn't know it if you watched the "librul" media.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 07:01:28 PM »

Cruz is polling as well as Rubio but you wouldn't know it if you watched the "librul" media.
Not to mention he raised more than twice the money Rubio did in the third quarter and has more cash on hand.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 08:45:17 PM »

I think it's hilarious that the same leftist media hacks that criticized Mitt Romney for being rich are now criticizing Marco Rubio for being poor. You just can't make this stuff up.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 09:19:06 PM »

I think it's hilarious that the same leftist media hacks that criticized Mitt Romney for being rich are now criticizing Marco Rubio for being poor. You just can't make this stuff up.

And the same Republicans who are absolutely convinced that abortion is identical to murder also vote for politicians that force their mistresses to get abortions (as long as they have an (R) after their name, of course.)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2015, 08:23:47 AM »

And the same Republicans who are absolutely convinced that abortion is identical to murder also vote for politicians that force their mistresses to get abortions (as long as they have an (R) after their name, of course.)

I do?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 08:34:44 AM »

How is he a capitalist when he supports corporate welfare?

Capitalism has always relied on that demonic "corporate welfare". If you took it away, the whole shebang would collapse.
weixiaobao
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 08:36:06 AM »

So much hype for a candidate that is behind both Trump and Carson in every state, except Florida where he seems to be in a statistical tie with Carson for 2nd.

Well, I won't talk statically but pure #s.  Since October began, Bush is 4th in his state.
True for Quinnipiac, UNF.  He tied with Carson for 3rd in st. Leo.

And this 4th place also true for SurveyUSA and Viewpoint Florida since after the debate.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 10:35:26 AM »

And both of them are still slightly below where Mrs. Fiorina was after her post-debate bump.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »

Rubio has a lot of weaknesses. While he might be able to make it to the nomination without stumbling badly, I'm very skeptical of his chances. Those same weaknesses will make him easy to abandon if any non-Trump/Carson candidate starts to take off (either a somehow resurgent Jeb, or Cruz, for example).
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »

And more keep falling...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/jeb-bush-fundraiser-brian-ballard-defects-over-rubio-attacks-n458366
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies