Rate the 2016 Candidates from most conservative to most liberal IYO (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:24:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rate the 2016 Candidates from most conservative to most liberal IYO (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rate the 2016 Candidates from most conservative to most liberal IYO  (Read 2937 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: November 06, 2015, 05:25:20 AM »

Ted Cruz
Rand Paul
Bobby Jindal
Carly Fiorina
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Jeb Bush
Rick Santorum
Mike Huckabee
Chris Christie
John Kasich
Donald Trump
George Pataki
Lindsey Graham

Hillary Clinton
Martin O'Malley
Bernie Sanders

Don't know where to place Gilmore.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 05:34:01 PM »

One interesting thing is that some view Paul as among the most conservative candidates, while others (myself included) see him as among the most liberal Republicans.  To me, libertarian beliefs consist of siding with the left (on stuff like drugs and national security), while others think they are conservative.

The reason I think he's among the most conservative is because he's using conservative ideas and conservative arguments to justify his position. Him being "soft on drugs" or whatever is both fiscally conservative (spending less money on criminal justice system) and would shrink government. Likewise, a smarter foreign policy would spend less and shrink government intervention when its not needed. The left wing has an entirely different worldview on these things even though they may be similar in position.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies