President Obama is an anti-Semite
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:41:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  President Obama is an anti-Semite
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Obama is an anti-Semite  (Read 1623 times)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2015, 11:00:33 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/netanyahus-new-top-media-adviser-called-obama-an-anti-semite/2015/11/05/682808dc-83e3-11e5-8bd2-680fff868306_story.html

Excluding the countries we are currently at war in Israel is the number one receipiant of US taxpayer funds ($2.96 billion).  In addition we are bribing EVERY country that boarders Israel ($4.86 billion).  So we spend a full 12% of our foreign aid budget on a tiny sliver of land and what does that buy us?  Yup you guessed it.  Our president is called an "anti-Semite" by the chief of public diplomacy.  Way to go dearest ally!
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 09:41:16 PM »

Honestly, who gives a f*** what some guy on the other side of the world, in the middle of nowhere, says about our president?
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 10:06:55 PM »

some guy on the other side of the world, in the middle of nowhere

Strange way to describe this guy...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 10:14:31 PM »

Yes, both sides hate each other. This is very clear by now.

In case people are pretending this is a one-sided affair...

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/White-House-US-is-as-committed-as-ever-to-security-of-Israel-380191
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 10:20:17 PM »

Apparently if you don't agree with Netanyahu then you are an anti-Semite. So what does that mean for the 75% of Israelis who didn't vote for Likud?  And I guess he is admitting that since he doesn't agree with Obama he is a racist?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 11:06:12 AM »

I understand that Israel is our ally, but why does that country receive so much foreign aid from us? There are countries that have more people and yet receive less aid.
Hydera

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 11:48:30 AM »

Apparently if you don't agree with Netanyahu then you are an anti-Semite. So what does that mean for the 75% of Israelis who didn't vote for Likud?  And I guess he is admitting that since he doesn't agree with Obama he is a racist?

"Anti semite" has become too broad of a term for anything nowadays.

And to the guys who love using the Anti-semite complaint, it has became so broad it even includes disagreeing over expanding settlements and advocating for a peaceful resolution of land with the Palestinians.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 12:35:49 PM »

I understand that Israel is our ally, but why does that country receive so much foreign aid from us? There are countries that have more people and yet receive less aid.

Because the vast majority of the "foreign aid" is in military aid that is paid back in R&D/first look deals for Israeli-designed technology and weapons.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 05:05:04 PM »

The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 06:38:30 PM »

The President isn't as friendly to Israel as his predecessors were. He's not an anti-Semite. I disagree however that he would stand idly by and let Israel perish in a thermonuclear cloud (the deal with Iran is not a bad deal. It is in fact the only rational deal that could be constructed in what is a very bad situation). That said, I think he should be a little more wary of Israel's enemies and recognize that Israel's enemies are usually our enemies too.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »

Lol Netanyachpoo's government is mad that they don't get their way? GOOD.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 07:09:13 PM »

It is in fact the only rational deal that could be constructed in what is a very bad situation). That said, I think he should be a little more wary of Israel's enemies and recognize that Israel's enemies are usually our enemies too.

You contradicted yourself.  If he made the best deal he could what makes you think he isn't wary of Israel's enemies?  That's the kind of thinking that needs to end.  You can say, hey he made the best deal he could.  That's it.  We don't have to throw in a little sweetener to show the rabid Zionists we are on their side.  It's a perfectly reasonable statement on its own.

And we have all kinds of enemies like Cuba.  Doesn't mean we spend 12% of our foreign aid budget on countries surrounding Cuba and loan out our vote on the UN security council to a foreign government.  I'm leery of a lot of countries.  That doesn't mean I should constantly overreact and make things worse.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 07:11:59 PM »

Netanyahu himself called Rahm Emanuel and David Axelrod "self-hating Jews" because they disagreed with his settlements policy so it makes sense to reward a like-minded moron.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2015, 07:14:49 PM »

It is in fact the only rational deal that could be constructed in what is a very bad situation). That said, I think he should be a little more wary of Israel's enemies and recognize that Israel's enemies are usually our enemies too.

You contradicted yourself.  If he made the best deal he could what makes you think he isn't wary of Israel's enemies?  That's the kind of thinking that needs to end.  You can say, hey he made the best deal he could.  That's it.  We don't have to throw in a little sweetener to show the rabid Zionists we are on their side.  It's a perfectly reasonable statement on its own.

And we have all kinds of enemies like Cuba.  Doesn't mean we spend 12% of our foreign aid budget on countries surrounding Cuba and loan out our vote on the UN security council to a foreign government.  I'm leery of a lot of countries.  That doesn't mean I should constantly overreact and make things worse.

He made the best deal he could, I agree. There's really no other way you could stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons; bombing it isn't a serious option. In that context, he made the best deal he could. You're right, the caveat was misapplied.

I should reframe my position: I don't necessarily find myself comfortable that there is considerable distance between Washington and Tel Aviv on the issues of the day. Israel is our ally and Israel's security should be paramount. I differ from Bibi that this deal isn't in Israel's interests (it is), but the ongoing conflict between Obama and Netanyahu is hurting both countries' interests. Now, arguably, that is somewhat on Netanyahu but the relationship itself has been damaged and in turn, that hurts both countries' interests.

Aside from that, the President has demonstrated a more equivocal attitude towards Israel. For example, wavering on using our veto on Palestinian statehood.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 07:32:09 PM »

I personally feel Bibi is a problem.  There are plenty of other prominent Israeli politicians that have said very sane things during Obama's tenure.

And two men should be able to get along without it turning into vicious name calling.  I don't envy the president.  The Israel situation is tough.  You don't want any Israelis nor Palestinians to get hurt or feel their rights have been violated but every move you make upsets someone.

The Iran situation is no fun either.  But thanks to the Iraq debacle destabilizing the Middle East another massive ground war is a bridge too far for the international community and many Americans.  Iran has almost 80 million people.  Its population is well over double that of Iraq.  Bibi's fantasy of a ground war in Iran would create a gigantic chaotic swath of land from Pakistan to the Mediterranean Sea.

Obama doesn't get along with Bibi but even if they were best friends I just don't see a ground war in Iran happening any time soon.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 03:42:19 PM »

He isnt a Likud party affiliate, but he certainly isnt a Muslim or a sympathizer of Hamas. He supports the Palestian Authority.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 03:49:25 PM »

It seems to me that Obama more lack a interest in Israel, Palestinia and their conflict, he likely also have a personal animosity to bibi, but can we really imagine somebody who have to interact with him, who don't share that animosity.
Angel of Death
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 05:53:10 PM »

This is about neither Obama nor Netanyahu. Their animosity is a simple artifact of the fact that things are coming to a head now that the two-state solution is becoming impossible and even the Americans are starting to realize it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies