President Obama is an anti-Semite (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:21:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  President Obama is an anti-Semite (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Obama is an anti-Semite  (Read 1627 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« on: November 07, 2015, 06:38:30 PM »

The President isn't as friendly to Israel as his predecessors were. He's not an anti-Semite. I disagree however that he would stand idly by and let Israel perish in a thermonuclear cloud (the deal with Iran is not a bad deal. It is in fact the only rational deal that could be constructed in what is a very bad situation). That said, I think he should be a little more wary of Israel's enemies and recognize that Israel's enemies are usually our enemies too.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 07:14:49 PM »

It is in fact the only rational deal that could be constructed in what is a very bad situation). That said, I think he should be a little more wary of Israel's enemies and recognize that Israel's enemies are usually our enemies too.

You contradicted yourself.  If he made the best deal he could what makes you think he isn't wary of Israel's enemies?  That's the kind of thinking that needs to end.  You can say, hey he made the best deal he could.  That's it.  We don't have to throw in a little sweetener to show the rabid Zionists we are on their side.  It's a perfectly reasonable statement on its own.

And we have all kinds of enemies like Cuba.  Doesn't mean we spend 12% of our foreign aid budget on countries surrounding Cuba and loan out our vote on the UN security council to a foreign government.  I'm leery of a lot of countries.  That doesn't mean I should constantly overreact and make things worse.

He made the best deal he could, I agree. There's really no other way you could stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons; bombing it isn't a serious option. In that context, he made the best deal he could. You're right, the caveat was misapplied.

I should reframe my position: I don't necessarily find myself comfortable that there is considerable distance between Washington and Tel Aviv on the issues of the day. Israel is our ally and Israel's security should be paramount. I differ from Bibi that this deal isn't in Israel's interests (it is), but the ongoing conflict between Obama and Netanyahu is hurting both countries' interests. Now, arguably, that is somewhat on Netanyahu but the relationship itself has been damaged and in turn, that hurts both countries' interests.

Aside from that, the President has demonstrated a more equivocal attitude towards Israel. For example, wavering on using our veto on Palestinian statehood.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies