Confirmation hearing: Classic conservative for Secretary of State (voting NOW)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:45:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation hearing: Classic conservative for Secretary of State (voting NOW)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Confirmation hearing: Classic conservative for Secretary of State (voting NOW)  (Read 1869 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2015, 01:12:15 PM »
« edited: November 09, 2015, 06:05:40 PM by VP Duke »

Let him have it
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 03:08:26 PM »

Looks like our JOKE of a president is trying to annihilate any prestige we have left on the international stage!!! I will NOT be voting for this "nomination".
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 03:15:38 PM »

Mr. Conservative,

Apart from a brief stint as Deputy GM under Game Moderator Dkrolga, your experience in public service is limited to your time in the Pacific Council, of which you have been Speaker for roughly three terms. Why do you feel yourself qualified to hold what is, after all, the most senior cabinet position in the federal government?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 03:18:49 PM »

I would like to know what your opinion on cheaters like China is, and would you be a fighter for our armed services? Would you fight hard for expanding our military?

I would like to announce a certain reservation about this nominee, due to previous crimes involving the ballot box. This reservation causes me great skepticism over whether or not we should approve this nominee, and I certainly lean against.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 03:46:36 PM »

To the nominee, I would like to ask you what you see as metrics of success in this position. It is a very important position, and different people have approached it different ways.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »

Firstly, I'd like to thank President Griffin to nominating me. Our country is at a critical time in its history, I know I have a controversial past which I acknowledge but I hope these past few months don't change the next months and hopefully years ahead of us. With this position, I will not be partisan in any way shape or even form. Atlasia is a great nation will a variety of views on the foreign stage and here at home. I can say with every once in me each one of you wants to do what you think is right. I hope you won't come with feuds with me still stuck in you and hatred in your heart. I know I haven't supported all of you in your prior elections, like I didn't vote for Griffin but I hope we see past the partisanship and do what's right. With that I humbly ask for you vote in this confirmation process.

Now let's get to the questions

Looks like our JOKE of a president is trying to annihilate any prestige we have left on the international stage!!! I will NOT be voting for this "nomination".
Well Senator, I hope you change your mind on this matter, I feel and Griffin feels like I'm the best candidate for the job here. Atlasia needs someone who will stand up and I hope we put partisanship to rest with this beacuse this shouldn't be partisan. I ask you to reconsider. With that Senators, if I get confirmed I'm willing to take suggestions on different events you would like to see. I will also appoint someone from the other side of the aisle for my Deputy.
Mr. Conservative,

Apart from a brief stint as Deputy GM under Game Moderator Dkrolga, your experience in public service is limited to your time in the Pacific Council, of which you have been Speaker for roughly three terms. Why do you feel yourself qualified to hold what is, after all, the most senior cabinet position in the federal government?
 Thank You for the question my friend. I believe I'm the most qualified candidate for the job beacuse I have experience IRL, I'm the President of my schools Mock UN and have played as counties including the U.S., Israel, Russia and China which violates our human rights. I'm the Secretary of State in my schools Mock Government where it's somewhat like here but I debate at meets with other SOS' about important global issues. During this tenure I will make sure Atlasia gets the best deal with the Paris Climate Conference and the multitude of foreign agreements yet to come. I will fight for the LGBT people across the world and say no to countries that persecute them beacuse if their ancient beliefs. I will work to establish relations with South America and other simulations that may form. I humbly ask for your vote.

I would like to know what your opinion on cheaters like China is, and would you be a fighter for our armed services? Would you fight hard for expanding our military?

I would like to announce a certain reservation about this nominee, due to previous crimes involving the ballot box. This reservation causes me great skepticism over whether or not we should approve this nominee, and I certainly lean against.

I find it sickening what China and our "allies" do we will stop them from taking our jobs, violating human rights and killing our environment with their pollution. China, Russia, Saudi Arabia and other countries will not get away with this with myself as the Secretary of State. Our armed forces are the backbone for our nation. As someone who served during the Iraq War fighting for Atlasia, and as a member of a family that for 11 straight generations fought for our country and the former United States, I love the military and I will keep our boys safe and make the right choices for them. I would fight for a moderate expansion of the military not making us into a military/police state but make sure our boys have recent technology that can win them wars. I ask that all Senators not vote on what I did in the past but what I can do for our country. With this I ask for your vote. Please ask away!!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 04:48:17 PM »

Preface: From my observations, your record as Pacific Speaker has been less than stellar. You were very active as a citizen on the Atlas Fantasy Elections board, often engaging in disputes with other members, especially during the recent special senate election, but your record as speaker suggests a different story. Bills sat on the floor for weeks without debate, with votes never closing and nothing really getting accomplished. From my perspective, it looks like failed leadership and poor prioritizing.

Question: How can you assure the Senate that you will be active and prioritize this job when you didn't do that in your last job?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 05:04:20 PM »

Preface: From my observations, your record as Pacific Speaker has been less than stellar. You were very active as a citizen on the Atlas Fantasy Elections board, often engaging in disputes with other members, especially during the recent special senate election, but your record as speaker suggests a different story. Bills sat on the floor for weeks without debate, with votes never closing and nothing really getting accomplished. From my perspective, it looks like failed leadership and poor prioritizing.

Question: How can you assure the Senate that you will be active and prioritize this job when you didn't do that in your last job?

Well the Council was my fault I must admit, but with the challenges of the academic year beginning now over I will be active I swear I will, but as you've probably seen Mr. Governor, it gets boring when no one ever wants to participate in the legislature and your Governor must be reminded 3 to 4 times so something will be signed. I overall got bored with my job there especially during the times where we had no regional activity. If I'm not active as SOS, I'll resign and I believe it would be acceptable to impeach me. I will be active though beacuse I actually would like this job better with the creative writing aspect and the ability to boost Atlasia's standing on a global level. I know, I did stuff that I regret during the Senator Talleyrands election with regards to verbally insulting him and his supporters but I've apologized we shouldn't focus on the past with old arguments but focus on the future of our nation.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 05:09:23 PM »

To the nominee, I would like to ask you what you see as metrics of success in this position. It is a very important position, and different people have approached it different ways.
I see as what I want accomplished during my tenure here as SOS is getting Atlasia's standing in the world up, whether it's telling countries that killing gays is immoral and sickening to standing up to our enemies and getting the best deal for the Atlasian worker. I'll fight for Atlasia, I have many ideas that I'm already thinking of including a massive global deal called the Mosul Agreement and fighting for the the Atlasians who are persecuted in Iran.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 06:04:10 PM »

This is more a game mechanics question than a policy question, but it needs to be asked:

Recently, a number of Atlasians - including former Senator Kalwejt, who last held this post - have pointed out that one of the big problems with cabinet offices is that they are self contained. The business of the Secretary of State, for example, is largely to (here I quote my colleague, Senator Oakvale) "write fanfic about their heroic efforts for Middle East peace." Recent former Secretaries have sought to inject a sense of realism into their foreign policy by conducting negotiations with the GM - that is, the GM simulates the actions and rhetoric of foreign countries with which Atlasia is interacting. As Secretary, will you seek to continue this precedent, or will you simulate the actions of foreign powers yourself? 
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 06:14:52 PM »

This is more a game mechanics question than a policy question, but it needs to be asked:

Recently, a number of Atlasians - including former Senator Kalwejt, who last held this post - have pointed out that one of the big problems with cabinet offices is that they are self contained. The business of the Secretary of State, for example, is largely to (here I quote my colleague, Senator Oakvale) "write fanfic about their heroic efforts for Middle East peace." Recent former Secretaries have sought to inject a sense of realism into their foreign policy by conducting negotiations with the GM - that is, the GM simulates the actions and rhetoric of foreign countries with which Atlasia is interacting. As Secretary, will you seek to continue this precedent, or will you simulate the actions of foreign powers yourself? 
It will be somewhat of a mix, I plan to act with some powers to tell stories beacuse I don't want this job to be boring, some of my job will be somewhat independent with regards to control of the GM particularly with stories not related to Atlasia ie: European Affairs, Asian Affairs, African Affairs anything involving elections around the world etc. I will though work with the GM on Middle Eastern Affairs and anything that deals with Atlasia and her policies.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 06:36:22 PM »

So, to clarify, when negotiating treaties and the like (such as the "Mosul Agreement" you mentioned earlier), will you simulate the actions of the other countries involved, or will the GM do that?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 06:50:43 PM »

So, to clarify, when negotiating treaties and the like (such as the "Mosul Agreement" you mentioned earlier), will you simulate the actions of the other countries involved, or will the GM do that?
  I will simulate most of the actions with my assistant secretary, special consuls etc. But I will also get I put from RPryor or whoever the GM is at the time it will be sort of like the Israel/Palestine Agreement under the tenure of Superique, the maps and the finally agreement myself will be presented by myself and be sent to the Senate for their advice and consent.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »

Sir, if I could address a brief point - do you have the support of the administration as regards relations with South America?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2015, 08:02:27 PM »

Sir, if I could address a brief point - do you have the support of the administration as regards relations with South America?
I support the legal recognition and diplomatic relations to the fullest extent with South America and any new nation we must reach out and not stay here alone. South America is a country that needs to be recognized and have peaceful relations with.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 08:08:45 PM »

I support the legal recognition and diplomatic relations to the fullest extent with South America and any new nation we must reach out and not stay here alone. South America is a country that needs to be recognized and have peaceful relations with.
Is the president behind this?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 08:15:47 PM »

The president is currently undecided at this time.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2015, 12:56:26 AM »

Can the nominee explain what are his plans to deal with ISIS and the ongoing situation in Syria and Iraq? (which has pretty much been ignored for months)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 03:18:36 AM »

I'd like to hear what are the nominee's thoughts about the russian plane crash, considered that a black boxe indicate that there was a bomb on the plane and that ISIS claimed the attack.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 09:06:26 AM »

I'd like to ask if there were other candidates for the position and why the nominee was selected instead of them.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2015, 12:00:00 PM »

What are your general views on foreign policy, and how would you put them forward as our SoS?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2015, 01:09:34 PM »

Can the nominee explain what are his plans to deal with ISIS and the ongoing situation in Syria and Iraq? (which has pretty much been ignored for months)

Thank you for your question Senator,
   I will not be announcing here today in public my detailed plan to take on ISIL beacuse we don't want the enemy to know what we're doing. It doesn't make since in my mind how we can win if they know everything that we are going to do. But at this time we aren't going to be having boots on the grounds as my advisors have said, beacuse we can still fight them with the Kurds, who we will support. We may have limited boots including our seal teams to carry out important missions in the Levant but we aren't going to have a full scale invasion. But I'd like to have ISIL destroyed in around 10 months.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2015, 01:13:16 PM »

I'd like to hear what are the nominee's thoughts about the russian plane crash, considered that a black boxe indicate that there was a bomb on the plane and that ISIS claimed the attack.
Well myself and many chief advisors of mine and the State Department believe it was ISIL who did the attack. I agree with Prime Minister Cameron that the attack was carried out by ISIL, by a bomb that was stored on the plane by a radical Islamic Jihadist, who we are currently finding out about through sources in the Middle East. We will be asking our allies and somewhat pressuring them to review each and every passenger going to the Middle East and North Africa. My State Department more than likely will implement the same policy of giving background checks to anyone suspected of Terriorism to make sure this tragedy doesn't happen again.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »

What are your general views on foreign policy, and how would you put them forward as our SoS?
My beliefs in foreign policies are good for we have another war, we go in get the job done as soon as possible and leave. We won't be nation building beacuse we have all seen what that has done to us. I'm going to stand up for Atlasia in every deal and partnership that we make with a foreign country. I want to increase Atlasia's standing in the world and teach foreign countries that Atlasia is back and we are ready to win. We see countries stop human rights violation and try to save lives and bring peace around the world.
Please ask any and all questions.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2015, 12:30:24 AM »

The president is currently undecided at this time.

Will you be trying to convince the President of the merits of taking such action?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies