Candidates that should drop out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:29:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Candidates that should drop out
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Candidates that should drop out  (Read 709 times)
Extrabase500
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2015, 09:28:46 PM »

GOP

Christie
Fiorina
Pataki
Santorum
Jindal
Graham
Kasich
Huckabee

DEMS

O'Malley
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 09:30:39 PM »

No one, given that Santorum was at 1% at this point in 2011 and went on to become the main challenger to Romney.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 09:37:29 PM »

'should' is a strong word. I would say that Pataki and Gilmore should since it is clear they aren't really running anyway. They have not money, dont do events and now arent getting on the ballot.
Extrabase500
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 09:38:59 PM »

'should' is a strong word. I would say that Pataki and Gilmore should since it is clear they aren't really running anyway. They have not money, dont do events and now arent getting on the ballot.

Well the problem is theirs WAY to many candidates in the debate. Also all of the candidates I listed have no support/very little/are jokes.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 09:46:18 PM »

No one, given that Santorum was at 1% at this point in 2011 and went on to become the main challenger to Romney.

I think the unfortunate effect of that event is now every candidate running in the future will think and cite that fact, and use it to avoid dropping out for as long as possible.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 09:48:33 PM »

I never understood these "should" questions. I don't know what these candidates even want, so how am I supposed to give them advice on whether they should drop out.
Extrabase500
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 09:50:32 PM »

I think the unfortunate effect of that event is now every candidate running in the future will think and cite that fact, and use it to avoid dropping out for as long as possible.

Exacley. Why have Christie/Kasich/Hukabee up their when they've been getting like 2% for MONTHS. They shouldint be running same with Fiorina shes a complete joke.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 10:01:34 PM »

GOP

Pataki
Jindal
Santorum
Huckabee
Christie
Trump
Carson
Gilmore
Cruz

DEM

Clinton
Extrabase500
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 10:36:31 PM »

GOP

Pataki
Jindal
Santorum
Huckabee
Christie
Trump
Carson
Gilmore
Cruz

DEM

Clinton

Why would TRUMP/CARSON drop out when their leading same with Cruz. Those are the top three leaders.

Carson is more serious than Fiorina lol.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 10:40:30 PM »

Paul. Whiny teenagers aren't even eligible for office anyway.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 10:42:16 PM »

Everybody but Bernie, obviously.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 10:47:18 PM »

Pataki really should at this point. He's not gonna be in the under-card debate, he's old news and has no    real support. He's also too moderate for the party. Rest in peace, Pataki. Jim Gilmore is actually starting to form a campaign in New Hampshire, he has a state rep endorsement, maybe if he starts events he'll get something to keep him "relevant" in the race.
Extrabase500
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 10:58:36 PM »

Pataki really should at this point. He's not gonna be in the under-card debate, he's old news and has no    real support. He's also too moderate for the party. Rest in peace, Pataki. Jim Gilmore is actually starting to form a campaign in New Hampshire, he has a state rep endorsement, maybe if he starts events he'll get something to keep him "relevant" in the race.

Well pataki does have a state rep endorsement (SAW IT ON WIKIPEDIA LOL) but hes a complete joke. Look at his twitter he has NO SUPPORTERS no one supports him lol.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 11:00:27 PM »

Well pataki does have a state rep endorsement (SAW IT ON WIKIPEDIA LOL) but hes a complete joke. Look at his twitter he has NO SUPPORTERS no one supports him lol.

True and XD, but I'd say at this point he should I dunno? Preserve his reputation as a liberal republican? I even doubt a cabinet position but still. If he wants to be of benefit, drop out and endorse Kasich, since they're both moderates.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2015, 11:02:14 PM »

Maybe Paul...at this point, I'm not sure if his future presidential hopes would be better served dropping out now or staying in until New Hampshire and hoping he does well.

New Jersey would certainly be better off if Christie dropped out, but his elective career is probably done regardless.

Everyone else has nothing to lose or is reasonably well positioned.
Extrabase500
Rookie
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 11:07:24 PM »

Maybe Paul...at this point, I'm not sure if his future presidential hopes would be better served dropping out now or staying in until New Hampshire and hoping he does well.

New Jersey would certainly be better off if Christie dropped out, but his elective career is probably done regardless.

Everyone else has nothing to lose or is reasonably well positioned.

Well who knows with Paul he could surge back randomly. If he could get the Ron Paul voters and something happens he could surge you never know. It makes sense for him to wait until New Hampshire/Iowa and see what happens when Carson drops out.

True and XD, but I'd say at this point he should I dunno? Preserve his reputation as a liberal republican? I even doubt a cabinet position but still. If he wants to be of benefit, drop out and endorse Kasich, since they're both moderates.

True he should endorse Jeb or Rubio, thats his best bet. He's pretty much irrelevent tho and whats hillarous is Pataki was supposed to be a front runner in 2008.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies