Office of Senator Oakvale - Religious Discrimination from the State Department?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:02:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Oakvale - Religious Discrimination from the State Department?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Office of Senator Oakvale - Religious Discrimination from the State Department?  (Read 3213 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2015, 01:36:26 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdtKbq3Omkw
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2015, 01:48:50 PM »

I never thought I'd see a day where Nix is a hate figure. How far we've fallen.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2015, 02:16:11 PM »

anyone can be a hate figure, if they dare to disrupt the Very Serious Circlejerk
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2015, 04:15:16 PM »

As a Northeasterner, I am shocked by this blatantly partisan move from our Senator. I thought you were supposed to represent us, not lead a witch-hunt against those you disagree with.
again
where were you when rpryor was pillorying vice president nix?
don't pretend that you're making some kind of principled stand here, because you clearly aren't.
Oh, me? I was new, and wasn't really involved yet. So yeah, don't hold me accountable for something that I didn't do when I couldn't.
a weak excuse. you were there; you could have spoken up; you didn't. end of.
Okay, so you're seriously accusing me of not speaking up in defense of a man who refused to do his job and put down an illegal, treasonous, communist, secessionist rebellion before I even knew anything that was going on?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2015, 04:18:13 PM »

As a Northeasterner, I am shocked by this blatantly partisan move from our Senator. I thought you were supposed to represent us, not lead a witch-hunt against those you disagree with.
again
don't pretend that you're making some kind of principled stand here, because you clearly aren't.
Oh, me? I was new, and wasn't really involved yet. So yeah, don't hold me accountable for something that I didn't do when I couldn't.
Okay, so you're seriously accusing me of not speaking up in defense of a man who refused to do his job and put down an illegal, treasonous, communist, secessionist rebellion before I even knew anything that was going on?

ah. the excuse hasn't worked, so you're doubling down on the lies. (incidentally, i'd be interested in hearing just what exactly you think the vice president's job is.)
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2015, 04:21:48 PM »

again

ah. the excuse hasn't worked, so you're doubling down on the lies. (incidentally, i'd be interested in hearing just what exactly you think the vice president's job is.)
Well, it's definitely not to run off, close his eyes, and stick his fingers in his ears while communists take over.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2015, 05:11:32 PM »

again

Well, it's definitely not to run off, close his eyes, and stick his fingers in his ears while communists take over.

Or while the Attorney General goes on a politically-motivated rampage of throwing trumped-up charges at people he doesn't like.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2015, 05:46:55 PM »

Man, apparently quite a bit of stuff happened when I stopped paying attention. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 05:49:34 PM »

Man, apparently quite a bit of stuff happened when I stopped paying attention. Tongue

I wish I knew what was going on these days too, and I'm supposed to be aware of everything Tongue
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2015, 05:55:51 PM »

I admit to not understanding what Nix did that was so horrible; distasteful, maybe, or patronizing, but otherwise I don't know. What Al did was awful, of course, and he deserved what he got. TNF was sadly flaming out after a long run of highly active participation. Sad That was rogue GM stuff that was brushed aside after the fact (which is why I do not favor there being a GM - it's the only position without any relation or tie to RL). Or at least that was my opinion of it all when it went down. Still, I admit that I probably do not know very much about what goes on and what is said, evidenced by the recent "leak," and it's likely better that way!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2015, 01:34:20 AM »

I admit to not understanding what Nix did that was so horrible; distasteful, maybe, or patronizing, but otherwise I don't know. What Al did was awful, of course, and he deserved what he got. TNF was sadly flaming out after a long run of highly active participation. Sad That was rogue GM stuff that was brushed aside after the fact (which is why I do not favor there being a GM - it's the only position without any relation or tie to RL). Or at least that was my opinion of it all when it went down. Still, I admit that I probably do not know very much about what goes on and what is said, evidenced by the recent "leak," and it's likely better that way!

Essentially, bore was unreachable for a few days when TNF's "flaming out", which anyway you want to slice it was the Midwest seceding from the union to form a Communist state. Nix was therefore potentially going to be called on to act as President in bore's absence to restore order. Instead of calling up the Army or at least calling on TNF to surrender to Federal authorities and order to be restored, he posted the following:

I remain no less committed to the principles and goals that Oakvale outlined in his New Start Manifesto. Only one thing has changed: I do not reject the reality Atlasia's federal laws, legal structure, and authority, but I do not affirm it either. More to follow elsewhere.

I.

HAVANA, CUBA - The past week's events have convinced me that neither Nyman nor any other part of Atlasia is safe. I have re-established my office at an undisclosed address in Cuba for the time being.

Should Attorney General Al Sibboleth's attempt to take legal action fail, I am prepared to meet with North Carolina Yankee on neutral ground to discuss the terms of Atlasia's final surrender, to be relayed to the President. I am also monitoring events in the Midwest on behalf of the administration. More to follow.

He then tried to explain it away as discussing my final surrender to Atlasia (on a trumped up charge of treason), which still represents gross negligence to demand the surrender of someone upholding the constitution whilst TNF is litterally seizing gov't property and battling with Federal forces. Treason or negligence, either is worthy of impeachment in those circumstances.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2015, 01:51:13 AM »

I often think the same whenever it comes to you, Nix, Talleyrand and remember how great we used to get along and work together. I guess we just cannot have nice things like that though. Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2015, 07:11:16 PM »

Press Release

It has come to my attention that the Secretary of State has authored a bigoted and bizarre plan to allow into Atlasia only Christian refugees from Syria and similar nations.

Does he speak for the White House?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2015, 11:09:29 PM »

Press Release

It has come to my attention that the Secretary of State has authored a bigoted and bizarre plan to allow into Atlasia only Christian refugees from Syria and similar nations.

Speaking as Envoy to the Middle East and Asia,

Yazeris and Muslims who are proven to be in need and have no history of support of terrorist organizations are also part of the refugee plan as well.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2015, 12:30:13 AM »
« Edited: November 29, 2015, 12:35:10 AM by Governor Leinad »

Actually, it's not only Christian refugees, just a majority. You can bash whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want, just get the facts right. Please.

Not even saying I'm in favor of this myself (undecided) but I'm just irritated at blatantly false information.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2015, 01:11:17 AM »

Press Release

Yazeris and Muslims who are proven to be in need and have no history of support of terrorist organizations are also part of the refugee plan as well.

Are we background checking all potential refugees in a similar fashion?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2015, 08:02:24 AM »

Press Release

Every single refugee will be background checked.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2015, 11:04:58 AM »

Press Release

Although the state department has the view that all the Christians are peaceful, and all the Muslims are not
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2015, 12:11:47 PM »

Press Release

Although the state department has the view that all the Christians are peaceful, and all the Muslims are not

That is absolutely hogwash. Everyone (including Christians) go through the background checks to make sure there is no history with any sort of radical terrorism. Answer me this. Are there members of ISIS who are Christians and not Islamists? That answer is no.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2015, 07:47:25 PM »

Shocking yet entirely unshocking. We knew a criminal was entering the State Department, we just didn't know how bad he would mismanage it. Dysfunctionial Government at its finest!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2015, 08:48:52 PM »

Shocking yet entirely unshocking. We knew a criminal was entering the State Department, we just didn't know how bad he would mismanage it. Dysfunctionial Government at its finest!

We're trying to manage it well. It's Laborite loudmouths who are well...... Trying to undermine the good the State Department is trying to do.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2015, 09:13:27 PM »

We're trying to manage it well. It's Laborite loudmouths who are well...... Trying to undermine the good the State Department is trying to do.

Loudmouths, perhaps, but Laborites, no. Maxwell is an Independent and Oakvale is a member of NNP; I would hardly lump Blair (whose objections to the proposal put forward by the State Department are quite reasonable) in with them.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2015, 09:18:26 PM »

That is absolutely hogwash. Everyone (including Christians) go through the background checks to make sure there is no history with any sort of radical terrorism. Answer me this. Are there members of ISIS who are Christians and not Islamists? That answer is no.

It's not hogwash. The Secretary himself said that more Christians should be allowed in because  in contrast to Muslims are 'peaceful and don't fight wars'

As I've said many times, and as I'll say again that ISIS has 30,000 fighters whilst there are over 15 million muslims in Syria. The state departments leadership clearly has the view that Muslim and christian refugees should be treated differently on the basis of religion.

I'm proud that we've managed to effectively force the old proposal off the table, which was opposed by political parties across the spectrum, and now let's get on with working with everyone to get a solid Refugee program in place
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2015, 10:26:17 PM »

It's not hogwash. The Secretary himself said that more Christians should be allowed in because  in contrast to Muslims are 'peaceful and don't fight wars'

As I've said many times, and as I'll say again that ISIS has 30,000 fighters whilst there are over 15 million muslims in Syria. The state departments leadership clearly has the view that Muslim and christian refugees should be treated differently on the basis of religion.

I'm proud that we've managed to effectively force the old proposal off the table, which was opposed by political parties across the spectrum, and now let's get on with working with everyone to get a solid Refugee program in place

What you are failing to factor is the population who while aren't Daesh, are supportive of them. Or the fact we are not just factoring Syria.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2015, 12:25:39 AM »

Go back to losing more elections, sir.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies