Office of Senator Oakvale - Religious Discrimination from the State Department? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:11:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Oakvale - Religious Discrimination from the State Department? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Oakvale - Religious Discrimination from the State Department?  (Read 3245 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: November 29, 2015, 11:04:58 AM »

Press Release

It has come to my attention that the Secretary of State has authored a bigoted and bizarre plan to allow into Atlasia only Christian refugees from Syria and similar nations.

Does he speak for the White House?

Speaking as Envoy to the Middle East and Asia,

Yazeris and Muslims who are proven to be in need and have no history of support of terrorist organizations are also part of the refugee plan as well.

Are we background checking all potential refugees in a similar fashion?
Every single refugee will be background checked.

Although the state department has the view that all the Christians are peaceful, and all the Muslims are not
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 09:18:26 PM »

That is absolutely hogwash. Everyone (including Christians) go through the background checks to make sure there is no history with any sort of radical terrorism. Answer me this. Are there members of ISIS who are Christians and not Islamists? That answer is no.

It's not hogwash. The Secretary himself said that more Christians should be allowed in because  in contrast to Muslims are 'peaceful and don't fight wars'

As I've said many times, and as I'll say again that ISIS has 30,000 fighters whilst there are over 15 million muslims in Syria. The state departments leadership clearly has the view that Muslim and christian refugees should be treated differently on the basis of religion.

I'm proud that we've managed to effectively force the old proposal off the table, which was opposed by political parties across the spectrum, and now let's get on with working with everyone to get a solid Refugee program in place
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies