Well would ya look at that
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:55:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Well would ya look at that
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Well would ya look at that  (Read 5988 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2015, 09:53:19 PM »

Yesterday evening, given to me by someone who doesn't give a sh**t about any of this (this particular portion truncated/shortened for posterity and identity):

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This evening, it gets even better!

(Fun and insulting parts in bold but there's plenty of good stuff in between)

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 09:54:00 PM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 09:54:45 PM »

I'm glad he included my THIS IS FOR THE LEEK
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 09:55:43 PM »

Hahahaha

Just come join the conversation.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 10:06:19 PM »

Why did you bold me talking about Classic Conservative having a beard?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 10:07:50 PM »

Beards are unnatural
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 10:18:52 PM »

In the middle of something important/fun; too lazy to format it out
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 10:23:09 PM »

Once more proof that leaking IRC isn't just a well honored tradition, its downright fun!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 10:26:55 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2015, 10:28:54 PM by Türkisblau »

Everyone should join IRC tbh, the conversations almost never disappoint!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 10:29:37 PM »

Everyone should join IRC tbh, the conversations almost never disappoint!
You really aren't getting the full experience if you don't.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 01:53:07 AM »

The whole exchange was probably a punk job, but I especially found this gem entertaining considering he spent late 2013 and the first half of 2014 voting Labor in, so he could spend the last half railing against them, only to then hand Labor back the keys in an alliance so crappy, even TPP members at the time were concerned about it leading to disaster. 
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 02:01:44 AM »

Oh god what a nightmare! They have cases everyday, how will they ever cope. Roll Eyes

Don't worry, your old At-large seat is in good hands with your worst nightmareTM.

Enjoy tonight as my evil, twisted hands reach inside your mind to torment you. Evil
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 09:53:50 AM »

It's so sad to see some people acting like such dopes these days. As for TPP, it's really a disservice to Nix, Cinci and I to say we never made TPP relevant considering cinci and I founded and built the original party and orchestrated its takeover of the senate. 

But at this point I'm used to getting unwarranted disrespect from a lot of people that I thought were friends. That's life. Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 11:44:11 AM »

It's so sad to see some people acting like such dopes these days. As for TPP, it's really a disservice to Nix, Cinci and I to say we never made TPP relevant considering cinci and I founded and built the original party and orchestrated its takeover of the senate. 

But at this point I'm used to getting unwarranted disrespect from a lot of people that I thought were friends. That's life. Tongue

Yeah. I don't care at all about anything else said except for that backhanded comment. Oh well. Bridges burned. I'm over it.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 11:49:25 AM »

Oh god what a nightmare! They have cases everyday, how will they ever cope. Roll Eyes

Don't worry, your old At-large seat is in good hands with your worst nightmareTM.

Enjoy tonight as my evil, twisted hands reach inside your mind to torment you. Evil

Well I obviously meant post-revival TPP but I basically stand by my point.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 12:09:59 PM »

Boy, if someone would have rolled a bomb into that room a lot - a lot - of problems would have vanished. Grin
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 01:17:34 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2015, 01:19:42 PM by Barnes »

Besides the obvious point that finding a "mole" to copy and paste peoples' conversation on a different website and then post it in this place to try to stir up some s**t is for one's own defices is both childish (like seriously are we still in middle school?) and highly annoying, I'm disappointed that some of my better jokes weren't highlighted.

For example the Anti-Administration throw back to the 1790s. Also the joke about the Peoples Party (continuing) was a pretty obvious joke to the Continuing Social Democrats from 1988-90. Sorry you all didn't get that.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 01:27:52 PM »

Truly a badge of honor. Everyone who was denigrated in that conversation should be proud - you've managed to piss off some of the biggest trolls in Atlasian history!

Besides the obvious point that finding a "mole" to copy and paste peoples' conversation on a different website and then post it in this place to try to stir up some s**t is for one's own defices is both childish (like seriously are we still in middle school?) and highly annoying,
Sort of like calling everyone outside your clique an "idiot," right? Roll Eyes

There's so much wrong with your post - the self-righteous outrage, the insinuation that you are your cronies are the victims - that I'm not going to bother to write a detailed response. The cards are on the table now, and you'll have to pay the piper yet.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 01:29:11 PM »

Besides the obvious point that finding a "mole" to copy and paste peoples' conversation on a different website and then post it in this place to try to stir up some s**t is for one's own defices is both childish (like seriously are we still in middle school?) and highly annoying, I'm disappointed that some of my better jokes weren't highlighted.

For example the Anti-Administration throw back to the 1790s. Also the joke about the Peoples Party (continuing) was a pretty obvious joke to the Continuing Social Democrats from 1988-90. Sorry you all didn't get that.

As a general rule, the Very Serious People of Atlasia seldom have a sense of humor about anything
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2015, 01:36:03 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2015, 01:41:08 PM by Barnes »

To Truman: I don't know if that is faux in-game outrage or not but I'm legitatmely confused seeing as I was the one person in that chat room to stand up for you about well anything. More to the point, there is literally nothing "secretive" in the slightest that I said in anything in there.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I treat the IRC as mostly a comic variety show.

As a general rule, the Very Serious People of Atlasia seldom have a sense of humor about anything

A sad state of affairs indeed. Sad
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2015, 02:51:49 PM »

lol

Furthermore, the endorsements I have received demonstrate that I am ready to unite our region and move forward.

You can get back at me when you make a single post on the Regional Governments board, Mr. Councilor!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2015, 02:57:30 PM »

What is going on?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 04:18:07 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2015, 04:19:55 PM by Talleyrand »

Several things here, and I'm going to be very concise about it.

1. The IRC is not serious business- people go there to unwind, and the "sh**t talk" there shouldn't be taken too seriously. And it seems like all leaks of what goes on there are pretty selective anyway. There are definitely things that Adam Griffin has stated about individuals there or via PM, or the Federalists have said on their forum which would easily pale this stuff. And as far as I can see, there's nothing particularly revealing or interesting here.

2. Griffin's whole "I'm so classy" thing has once again proven to be a joke. He claimed he wouldn't withdraw BK's nomination, yet sabotaged him behind the scenes and lobbied people to vote against him. Bacon King, someone who is one of the kindest people I know, gave long, detailed specific answers to each of the questions directed his way and he was disrespected beyond belief for absolutely no reason at all by lesser individuals.

3. People should not speak authoritatively on things they have no idea about. Barnes is not part of any clique and does not often go on IRC, and whenever he does, he has always been unfailingly polite and defensive of people, and that's certainly the case here too. It's pathetic that now people are making libelous, pathetic claims about his character. Just goes to show how quickly some are willing to throw their own friends under the bus.

And yes, people really need to grow up and get a sense of humor, if nothing else.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2015, 04:22:56 PM »

It appears that TimTurner provided Adam with some IRC logs that include several Atlasians making jokes in #atlasforum on IRC; some of the jokes are insults about their political opponents
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2015, 04:31:37 PM »

It appears that TimTurner provided Adam with some IRC logs that include several Atlasians making jokes in #atlasforum on IRC; some of the jokes are insults about their political opponents
Oooooooooh Sad
This is so sad to see people are unable to live happily with each other Sad
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies