Well would ya look at that
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:02:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Well would ya look at that
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Well would ya look at that  (Read 5980 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2015, 04:59:15 PM »

19:24   oakvale   careful turk
19:24   oakvale   THE LEAK

19:36   oakvale   The thing is
19:36   oakvale   and I'm sure THE LEAK is here

I acted without full knowledge of the consequences. I acted without knowing what to expect. When I sent Adam the logs I didn't know all of this stuff would happen.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2015, 05:05:55 PM »

Deeply troubling, Tim! Sad
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2015, 05:14:02 PM »

You think I anticipated all of this?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2015, 05:32:29 PM »

No, this is not funny. This is a highly immature, perhaps unstable, group of people sitting on a chat board at night talking trash about people who play an anonymous political game on a political Internet forum. Is that supposed to be funny? If so, then I am happy to say that I have no sense of humor. I really wish the people who do this would take out their insecurity and frustration someplace else, because there are reasonable people who enjoy this place. I mean, there are people who hold honest disagreements who enjoy this and can respect each other. This takes it to a very juvenile, very personal level, and it's entirely unnecessary, so if it pisses people off, duh.

I guess out of sight, out of mind. I knew there were people who liked to make the place miserable for other people (Like most of the ones in the OP), but Jesus. This is neurotic.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 05:41:36 PM »

Oakvale et al and me have reconciled.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2015, 05:52:25 PM »

You know I wish they had copied a very interesting conversation between myself and several of our Irish posters about the political and historical semblance of Remembrance Day and the impact of the First World War on Irish history.

Much more interesting than this childish drivel that I am apparently being drawn into by association. It's a pity that you all don't find an educated discussion about historical niceties more interesting.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2015, 08:11:05 PM »

No, this is not funny. This is a highly immature, perhaps unstable, group of people sitting on a chat board at night talking trash about people who play an anonymous political game on a political Internet forum. Is that supposed to be funny? If so, then I am happy to say that I have no sense of humor. I really wish the people who do this would take out their insecurity and frustration someplace else, because there are reasonable people who enjoy this place. I mean, there are people who hold honest disagreements who enjoy this and can respect each other. This takes it to a very juvenile, very personal level, and it's entirely unnecessary, so if it pisses people off, duh.

I guess out of sight, out of mind. I knew there were people who liked to make the place miserable for other people (Like most of the ones in the OP), but Jesus. This is neurotic.
Hear, hear!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2015, 01:07:54 AM »

In the words of Talleyrand, I'm going to be "concise" about two or three points here:

Besides the obvious point that finding a "mole" to copy and paste peoples' conversation on a different website and then post it in this place to try to stir up some s**t is for one's own defices is both childish (like seriously are we still in middle school?) and highly annoying, I'm disappointed that some of my better jokes weren't highlighted.

I guess this is going to be one of the IRC "narratives" going forward since I heard it in there yesterday, but contrary to popular belief, I don't go around "finding 'moles'" to give me information about things said in there. Almost always, people come to me in order to alert me about things that are said that apply either to me or the game in a significant way. Very rarely (as was the case when I received the first batch of info published here, which was very vague), I will ask around in order to try to find verbatim descriptions. However, those rare occasions occur only because something was given to me without me asking in the first place.

When you've been the leader of the left for years, something funny happens. People actually come to you and provide you with information without the need to scrounge for it. Contrary to what some might believe, a lot of people actually like me. It's the same dynamic as when many current and former Laborites have been kicked and banned in IRC; they message me and ask me to help get them unbanned. Plenty of the IRC regulars know this is the case, for there have been multiple times in the past in which something has been said about me (Atlasia-related and otherwise) and I pop into that chat-room within 5 minutes to confront them about it. This is because there are many people who proactively tell me what's going on in there. Not to be egotistical, but I am usually far too important of an Atlasian personality to have to grind for intel or ask people to be listening all of the time!

Several things here, and I'm going to be very concise about it.

1.  There are definitely things that Adam Griffin has stated about individuals there or via PM, or the Federalists have said on their forum which would easily pale this stuff.

2. Griffin's whole "I'm so classy" thing has once again proven to be a joke. He claimed he wouldn't withdraw BK's nomination, yet sabotaged him behind the scenes and lobbied people to vote against him.

Damn straight - and for you as well. I literally ran a campaign platform (while winning 1/4 of the conservative vote !!!) on being a hard-ass and promising to rat-fyck anyone who tried to blow up the game or grind its gears to a halt. I don't think there are many people who have misconceptions about the fact that I'm an asshole - can the same be said for you?

With regards to BK, I specifically told him from the beginning what I planned to do - that I would oppose his nomination but that I wasn't sure what I'd do about pulling the nomination (I later told him that I wouldn't pull it, because he's my friend). It wasn't some sort of covert ambush or whatever you'd like to think or describe it as. Also, apparently - and he told me I said this; I don't recall saying it - days or weeks before the slot even opened, I told him that I wouldn't appoint him to the SC in a hypothetical situation for some of the reasons others later expressed. I've also expressed similar concerns to him on various occasions going back months and years, so this is nothing new and he knows it.

With such conflicting emotions, I believed as my friend he deserved the chance to be considered by the Senate and to have the opportunity to oppose me opposing him. I never claimed it was classy - but it was the most honorable thing I could do (being honest with him upfront, not automatically revoking his nomination once I swore in). If it's not good enough for people like you, then I really don't give a sh!t.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 01:34:42 AM »

Oh, and just as an addendum - since I was just having a conversation in regards to it - the faux outrage coming from some who always and still want to act as if "omg leaking IRC logs is immoral and a bridge too far" need only be reminded that they were the very same ones who decided to leak them to the forum to get Labor Party members banned from the game and to make them admissible in court. I'm drawing a blank at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first time it had happened, either. I used to hold the same opinions, until leaks were repetitively used to attack my friends and I. So yeah, climb off of your high horses.

I didn't open the can o' worms. This is why we can't have nice things.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2015, 01:41:17 AM »

or the Federalists have said on their forum which would easily pale this stuff.

The Fed Forum is very tame compared to the "Good old days" on the RPP forum when you had Hamilton, DWTL, Tmthforu94, and Rowan fighting.

Its ironic you should mentioned it, both have been innaccessible for five days, which has me worried something happened to BrandonH. He hasn't been on the Atlas since 2012 so contacting him through here is out of the question.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2015, 01:48:07 AM »

The Democratic Alliance had a forum in 2009.  It was never used, of course.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2015, 01:55:50 AM »

Oh, and just as an addendum - since I was just having a conversation in regards to it - the faux outrage coming from some who always and still want to act as if "omg leaking IRC logs is immoral and a bridge too far" need only be reminded that they were the very same ones who decided to leak them to the forum to get Labor Party members banned from the game and to make them admissible in court. I'm drawing a blank at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first time it had happened, either. I used to hold the same opinions, until leaks were repetitively used to attack my friends and I. So yeah, climb off of your high horses.

They are pissed because they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. The IRC is an echo chamber. Narratives form off of the repetitive and false commentary until it becomes accepted as fact and then that proceeds to influence actions in Atlasia. It is easy to say, "everybody join in", but it fails to consider some of us are actually working during prime time IRC time with few exceptions. Others avoid the place for a variety of reasons, but the effect is that Atlasia becomes divided between those who frequent and those who don't. The regulars can deny it all they want, but IRC has had a negative impact on Atlasia. It has been dominated by the same clique for three years now pretty much.

Since they have been mentioned, I will give you a comparison with the RPP Forum. DWTL hated AFleitch and would trash talk him on the RPP forum over and over again. Less than a year later, Afleitch was an RPP member with RPP forum access. Most had no desire to continue DWTL's beefs and any who did, would be instantly challenged by Afleitch himself if they acted out. The forum policed itself with balance. IRC just seems to engulf more and more people into fighting the same grudges of the same clique, and balance has never been obtained at any point in the last two years. The same group is still largely unchallenged. A forum is also not in real time. I can post a response at any time, which is an advantage for people who have varying work schedules to be able to participate in the discussions and is therefore more inclusive.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2015, 03:16:01 AM »

Barnes had a great quote in there.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In the past I've been a huge hypocrite on this, admittedly, but this is a beautiful quote that got a little lost in the mix.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2015, 04:46:28 AM »

Yes, it's a bad idea to spend countless hours on "fake elections on a random internet forum" but it's nothing compared to wasting even more time in a chat room gossiping with others and conspiring to come up with weird plans how to be effective trolls as well as generally being nasty to everyone else.

There's really no reason for the cool clique to get on a high horse and scorn the very serious people here.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2015, 09:18:19 AM »

AG is right in that I clearly spilled knowledge of what had happened voluntarily.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »

Its ironic you should mentioned it, both have been innaccessible for five days, which has me worried something happened to BrandonH. He hasn't been on the Atlas since 2012 so contacting him through here is out of the question.

He is my friend on facebook - would you like me to reach out to him?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2015, 10:27:19 AM »

For the record, you have linked to a court case where I personally, of my own volition and with no cooperation from anyone else, recorded IRC chat logs and shared them directly with the Attorney General (non-IRCer ZuWo) to show that a crime had taken place. Interestingly, the only member of the jury who has ever been an active participant in the #atlasforum IRC channel was also the only member of the jury to vote against my testimony.

Furthermore it's a bit of a stretch to link that case with this incident -the Attorney General and I were the only people that fought for those IRC logs to be used as evidence, and I don't know what ZuWo is up to these days but neither of us are featured in the chat logs in the OP and I haven't condemned you for posting these logs. There's no real link between that case and the people in the chat log you posted.

I just wanted to set the record straight because the LeBron case was of my best courtroom performances and it was great to be able to read it again
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2015, 11:43:39 AM »

Barnes had a great quote in there.

In the past I've been a huge hypocrite on this, admittedly, but this is a beautiful quote that got a little lost in the mix.

Is it not also troubling that certain people have decided to go ahead and try to destroy those fake elections that some of us enjoy, because they themselves do not enjoy them? The trolls here need to grow up and move on. There are other people in the world with different opinions. Crazy idea, but it's true.

Also, I would like to call attention to this gem:

Probably because the IRC hate machine started targeting people who I consider my friends. That might have something to do with it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2015, 12:05:32 PM »

I'm unsure as to what the goals are of those who want to kill the game. What does to do for you? Or are you just bored with life and just want to cause trouble and get a rise out of people? I wish everyone would just ignore those who are antagonizing others, but so far that's not happened.

The current acts being put on by some here are not funny anymore and very unoriginal. It would be one thing if they were funny like John Engle and the like, and I looked forward to each and every post, but copying Donald Trump has been played out. It makes the trolling not even fun to read, and I love reading some good trolling(I'm even guilty of some trolling myself).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2015, 01:21:33 PM »

Yes, please do so. Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2015, 02:46:57 PM »

I messaged him - I'll let you know when I hear back.

He's been making normal facebook posts as recently as this morning, though, so he appears to be okay. Yesterday he made this post noting that his personal website had been down:

so it looks like he's just having tech problems with his websites? Shoot me a PM if you want one of those alternate methods of contacting him
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2015, 03:10:46 PM »

Yes, it's a bad idea to spend countless hours on "fake elections on a random internet forum" but it's nothing compared to wasting even more time in a chat room gossiping with others and conspiring to come up with weird plans how to be effective trolls as well as generally being nasty to everyone else.

There's really no reason for the cool clique to get on a high horse and scorn the very serious people here.

Yeah, I'm going to stop posting in this thread over and over, but could everyone just stop for one minute and actually understand what your're talking about?  The chat room is for anyone to talk about well...anything. 

As Talleyrand said when I am on there I am always directing the conversation towards international politics, and most of the time the convo is making fun of Herman Cain and Donald Trump.

Seriously, I do not care or want to know what people's backstory is with a chat room but it can be used for anything and it's rather odd to treat this like some kind of "reefer madness" that's infected people around here.

Again, I honestly don't know or don't care what other people chat about on there, but I really wish the "J'accuse!" actions of some around here to anyone who dares to enter an IRC to talk about politics would end.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2015, 03:25:20 PM »

response:

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2015, 12:18:40 AM »

response:

WEll that is a relief.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies