Slovenia referendum on teh gays, Dec 20th (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:27:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Slovenia referendum on teh gays, Dec 20th (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Slovenia referendum on teh gays, Dec 20th  (Read 6708 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: November 09, 2015, 07:42:06 AM »

Slovenia is going ahead with a referendum on its country's new gay marriage legislation implemented earlier this year. Christian groups have collected enough to put it on the ballot box. Isn't it great how when people are given the option of direct democracy they use that right for the most useful of purposes?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 01:43:35 PM »

Fwiw this isn't the first time gay relationships have been on the ballot in Slovenia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenian_Family_Code_referendum,_2012

This year we've had two polls, both with opposite results.

If I was in charge of an LGBT activist group in Slovenia, I might try and go for the method used to defeat the referendum in Slovakia (abstention so quorum was not reached).
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 08:55:00 AM »

The fight is on. Will the liberal magicians triumph in their fight to impose a "Homosexual Republic of Gayvenia"?

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/27d7fd1e-a4db-11e5-97e1-a754d5d9538c.html#axzz3um4QPFWB

interestingly the Catholic Church is keeping a low profile under a scandal (Don't worry, it's just financial impropriety on a massive scale, not the other kind of Catholic Scandal). The Pope himself made an incredibly vague pro statement advising Slovenians to vote for Christian families, which is probably as good as you're going to get.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 11:08:27 AM »

tbh I don't really know what effect a Christmassy election will have on turnout, but I think the most likely result is a failed quorum.  343,104 "no" voters ( 20% of about 1.7 million) registered voters are required for the dastardly liberal magicians to be expelled from Hogwarts. If the Church is keeping a relatively muted campaign, it will be hard to drag up the turnout, even if "no" beats "yes" (which is most likely).

Early voters turnout levels:

Tue   Wed   Thu   
0.38%   0.92%   1.43%      
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 04:05:22 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2015, 04:07:07 PM by CrabCake the Liberal Magician »

Noooo Voldemort won. At least I can take solace that people who oppose gay marriage are more likely to be massive losers that vote in some moronic referendum five days before Christmas while everyone else parties and eats.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 04:34:18 PM »

Voldemort is a a conservative magician, of course. He nose nothing about progressivism.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 07:06:12 AM »

Tbh I think it's more likely the ECHR forces them to accept it, tbh
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 10:42:11 AM »

Tbh I think it's more likely the ECHR forces them to accept it, tbh

Given that the likes of Germany, Austria or Italy have still to introduce SSM, I would have thought that point is a long way down the line. Partnership recognition may be another matter.

Oh I agree, I just think an ECHR ruling is more likely than  this result beong nullified by another referendum. Gay rights group S/liberal magicians in Slovenia need to focus on less sexy aims like education, anti discrimination ordinances and encouraging high profile people to come out. If that fails get the gayest Fluoride as possible in the public water supply ASAP to turn all straight people homo.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 12:41:53 PM »

David I have some questions. In your secret Jew meetings, how do you decide which Gentiles to turn gay?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 01:29:52 PM »

I thought it was pretty funny kataak. BTW is 'liberal magicians' a Polish thing or did you invent it? Because I'm tempted to steal it lol
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 10:21:47 AM »

Most Europeans, being  a continent  of serial proud adulterers, would look pretty silly talking about the sanctity of marriage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies