Is this the most persuasive argument on Atlas ever?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:24:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is this the most persuasive argument on Atlas ever?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is this the most persuasive argument on Atlas ever?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Is this the most persuasive argument on Atlas ever?  (Read 1943 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2015, 10:15:46 PM »

I have very little respect for people who oppose Common Core. It's one of those things where opposition signals that you're an ignorant who is easily swayed by rambling conspiracy theorists on the Internet.
No this is not true at all it isn't conspiracy theories, as a person who's currently educated through Common Core ever since the Archdiocese of Boston accepted Common Core as its standard I can tell anyone for a fact that it's dumming down education and its sh*t.

DAMN. Classic Conservative knocked that one out of the park. I have gone from being generally ambivalent on Common Core to a staunch opponent, no way I can disagree with THAT.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 10:37:06 PM »

Dude,
How rare is it for people to respond with actual arguments?
How many teenagers can even craft a legitimate argument?

Yes, it was unintentionally funny, but at least he's not one of the trash tier posters. He's aight.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 10:47:18 PM »

Why do all of his posts read like he just ran in and is out of breath.
Extrabase500
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 12:34:45 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2015, 12:37:13 AM by Extrabase500 »

Well common core is dumbing down kids and teaching them 2+2=5 and pushing mass federalization/standerdized tests to kill the individual. OBAMA (or whatever his real name is) is a complete scam artist and openly hates American workers and American small/medium sized business owners who are the heart of our economy. "Obama"/Hillary and the Republican blue-bloods (Jeb/Bohner/McCain/McConell) are actively working together to stomp this country into the ground.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 12:41:00 AM »

Well common core is dumbing down kids and teaching them 2+2=5 and pushing mass federalization/standerdized tests to kill the individual. OBAMA (or whatever his real name is) is a complete scam artist and openly hates American workers and American small/medium sized business owners who are the heart of our economy. "Obama"/Hillary and the Republican blue-bloods (Jeb/Bohner/McCain/McConell) are actively working together to stomp this country into the ground.
omg
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 12:42:35 AM »

[Citation needed]
[Citation needed]
[Citation needed]
[Citation needed]

Did we get this guy from politicalforum.com? The posting style is eerily memorable.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 12:45:38 AM »

[Citation needed]
[Citation needed]
[Citation needed]
[Citation needed]

Did we get this guy from politicalforum.com? The posting style is eerily memorable.

Yeah, on Atlas, a lot of the red avatars tended to be more partisan/abrasive while the blue ones generally are more measured/even-handed, knowing that we're in the minority, but some of these newcomers pretty much fulfill the worst stereotypes of the GOP.

And from an R-CA avatar too. Sad
Extrabase500
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 03:23:02 PM »

not cool guys
Extrabase500
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 03:27:10 PM »

How long do we have to wait until Extrabase uses the phrase "I'm not a racist, but that damn n....." in one of his posts? I feel like it will be soon.
I'm not a racist, and neither is my dear friend Eric2Oslo, but that damn n up in DC just nationalized muh truck!
Good Lord!

Not cool your just looking for excuses to say that word/make fun of me. Not cool.
Extrabase500
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 03:32:09 PM »

Extrabase500 is an obvious sock. He tries too hard, though (52 posts per day lol).

Listen, you  give respect you get it.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 12:59:15 AM »

Is this the much heralded new conservative generation? If so, I am not concerned in the slightest.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 01:03:51 AM »
« Edited: November 12, 2015, 01:16:32 AM by Intell »

Right, Dick*ishness directed at new posters, nothing to see here. Be dic*s to posters you know, not new ones, even if he might be a troll, which the moderaters will deal with.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 01:06:58 AM »

Right, Dick*ishness directed at new posters, nothing to see here. Be dic*s to posters you know, not new ones, even if he might be a troll, which the moderates will deal with.
Oh god.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 01:16:48 AM »

Right, Dick*ishness directed at new posters, nothing to see here. Be dic*s to posters you know, not new ones, even if he might be a troll, which the moderates will deal with.
Oh god.

Yep, my spelling is horrible.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 02:25:56 PM »

Extrabase500 is probably a Mondale sock.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 02:30:08 PM »

I was thinking jmstcf
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2015, 09:40:21 AM »

I have very little respect for people who oppose Common Core. It's one of those things where opposition signals that you're an ignorant who is easily swayed by rambling conspiracy theorists on the Internet.
No this is not true at all it isn't conspiracy theories, as a person who's currently educated through Common Core ever since the Archdiocese of Boston accepted Common Core as its standard I can tell anyone for a fact that it's dumming down education and its sh*t.

DAMN. Classic Conservative knocked that one out of the park. I have gone from being generally ambivalent on Common Core to a staunch opponent, no way I can disagree with THAT.

What is so persuasive about one person's opinion based on his own anecdotal experience? I would think that what would be persuasive would be performance data comparing changes in educational performance between Common Core students and Common Core-less students over time corrected for differences in SES and other relevant variables.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2015, 10:30:14 AM »

What is so persuasive about one person's opinion based on his own anecdotal experience? I would think that what would be persuasive would be performance data comparing changes in educational performance between Common Core students and Common Core-less students over time corrected for differences in SES and other relevant variables.

Torie I know you're like 60 but you really need to comprehend the idea of sarcasm
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2015, 12:08:23 PM »

Torie I know you're like 60 but you really need to comprehend the idea of sarcasm

With BRTD I do have trouble knowing in which direction he's going, I must admit. His mind tends to work in mysterious ways to me sometimes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies