Trump joins War On Christmas: Suggests Starbucks boycott (over cups)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:25:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump joins War On Christmas: Suggests Starbucks boycott (over cups)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump joins War On Christmas: Suggests Starbucks boycott (over cups)  (Read 1302 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2015, 03:05:24 AM »

I think Trump is running out of ways of making his own controversies so now he is trying to inject himself into one, namely the annual Fox News War On Christmas freakout. Target number one, Starbucks (over their holiday cups).
You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/09/politics/donald-trump-starbucks-boycott-christmas/index.html

In case you didn't know, this is what must be stopped. Just look at these evil cups...

TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 03:45:18 AM »

This is going to play well with the base, I imagine.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 07:51:46 AM »

This  is from last year
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 08:48:56 AM »

Trump apparently thinks he can force people and companies to say 'Merry Christmas'.  It feels like he's running not for president, but for a north korean style dictator.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 08:53:41 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2015, 08:59:00 AM by Beezer »

Trump's record after his first year in office. ISIS: Defeated. Wall: Built. X-mas: Saved.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 10:10:37 AM »

This is literally the only way my state's capital gets to make the news.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 10:30:53 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2015, 10:33:50 AM by Thersites »

The ironic thing is that the Pilgrim Fathers who founded America hated Christmas.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 10:34:42 AM »

Very good to see Trump taking up this core issue. Donald Trump always knows exactly what to say to get me on his side. This is the 2nd most dire issue America faces today, and I am confident that the notorious DJT will not allow private companies to operate if they choose to spit in the face of an American tradition.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 02:17:20 PM »

Clearly putting reindeer back on the cups is crucial to the salvation of America from a moralistic hedonistic oblivion.

That being said I wasn't going to buy Starbucks no matter what they put on the cups.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 02:18:40 PM »

Clearly putting reindeer back on the cups is crucial to the salvation of America from a moralistic hedonistic oblivion.

That being said I wasn't going to buy Starbucks no matter what they put on the cups.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 02:38:05 PM »

If not mistaken, the initial complaint was that Starbucks was removing Jesus/Christianity from the cups, not Christmas.
Removing reindeer and/or snowflakes from a cup, has no representation to Jesus.

The special cups are red (with some green also). These are Christmas colors (so why all the complaints).
Christmas has mainly become a marketing holiday for retailers, and all they're concerned about is massive money/sales (not Jesus).
I am Christian, but this debate is all too silly.

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 02:44:09 PM »

If not mistaken, the initial complaint was that Starbucks was removing Jesus/Christianity from the cups, not Christmas.

The special cups are red (with some green also). These are Christmas colors (so why all the complaints).
Christmas has mainly become a marketing holiday for retailers, and all they're concerned about is massive money/sales (not Jesus).

In past years the cups had sleds or ornaments.

http://m.mic.com/articles/128147/starbucks-holiday-themed-cups-cause-boycott-from-christian-groups-here-s-why

So they didn't have Jesus on the cups to begin with. It really is over secular Christmas symbols.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 02:49:00 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2015, 02:51:28 PM by ProudModerate2 »

http://m.mic.com/articles/128147/starbucks-holiday-themed-cups-cause-boycott-from-christian-groups-here-s-why

So they didn't have Jesus on the cups to begin with. It really is over secular Christmas symbols.

Ah OK.
I wasn't sure exactly what the symbols were (reindeer, snowflakes, sleds, ornaments, etc).
But I know the symbols had nothing directly to do with Jesus.
Thanks for the correction.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 03:39:35 PM »

It sounds to me like Trump is throwing red reindeer meat to the GOP base to counter claims that he's a RINO.

Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 06:01:35 PM »

You would think that people that are this invested would at least get the guy's birthdate correct.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 06:22:56 PM »

If you're a conservative and you just now decided to stop buying Starbucks, you clearly haven't been paying attention to their antics the past few years. The "Race Together" crap alone should shave been way more offensive to conservatives than a stupid red cup.

Or their prices. $5 for a cup of anything without alcohol in it is ridiculous, and conservatives, in my experience at least, tend to be cheap.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 06:23:17 PM »

defe07

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 06:40:06 PM »

I posted something on a friend's Facebook about the very same thing. I came up with my own idea: let Starbucks create special holiday cups for those that celebrate Christmas or Hannukah or Kwanza. I suggested that each of these cups come with different designs following each holiday's tradition and different colors. And, for those of you who are atheists or agnostic? Simple, you can either get the red cup that's being created now or just use the original Starbucks idea. What do you guys think?? Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 06:45:39 PM »

Reindeer and snowflakes are of the Devil.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 08:45:23 PM »

I posted something on a friend's Facebook about the very same thing. I came up with my own idea: let Starbucks create special holiday cups for those that celebrate Christmas or Hannukah or Kwanza. I suggested that each of these cups come with different designs following each holiday's tradition and different colors. And, for those of you who are atheists or agnostic? Simple, you can either get the red cup that's being created now or just use the original Starbucks idea. What do you guys think?? Cheesy

Wouldn't pass by upper management, too many cups involved that wouldn't get used, also Starbucks is worst coffee place.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 08:47:49 PM »

Ah OK.
I wasn't sure exactly what the symbols were (reindeer, snowflakes, sleds, ornaments, etc).
But I know the symbols had nothing directly to do with Jesus.
Thanks for the correction.

Pretty much this.

Dunkin Donuts coffee is infinitely better than Starbucks anyway
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 09:02:29 PM »

Reindeer and snowflakes are of the Devil.

LOL.
8-)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 09:47:02 PM »

I think know you've never run a business.  You've never even seen a business run on TV for that matter.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies