Prediction: BIG FAIL....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:02:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Prediction: BIG FAIL....
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Prediction: BIG FAIL....  (Read 1817 times)
weixiaobao
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2015, 09:50:09 AM »
« edited: November 22, 2015, 11:19:27 AM by weixiaobao »

With Buzzfeed coming to his aid over his "stabbing" claim and his "psychology class" claim.  And Politico stepped on their shoes over their claim "Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship."

Do I know what the truths are?  No.  I never really judge Carson on these things.  But rather on the doubling down of Egyptian's pyramid claim, and things that he said which appeal to his religious base.

Republicans hate the media.  And there are enough press that defend Carson, enough so that Carson can spin the narrative of the liberal medias are out to get him.

I think Carson maybe right that his crappy week may help him out in the end (well for now).  Carson had never really turned in an outstanding debate performance anyhow.  But I think Carson may end up overtake Trump a little.  Unless Trump pull out some new controversies.

There are the seeds of doubt that Carson maybe a pathological liar that spread around.  But if the message that the media is out to get him and fabricating stuffs and or spinning stories in a certain direction, this may give Carson some sort of immunity in the future (well short term anyhow).

As for how memory works, I am 25 years old.  And frankly, I don't even remember that strongly about my high school years.  Though, I would think that I would remember who I stab if I stab somebody.  If the emotions associate with an event is strong, I remember it.  I still remember specific events even when I was 4.  Heck, I remember running away from home twice on the same day when I was 4.  Well that decision drastically change my life.  So on the whole Carson mistaking who he had stabbed, it is a coin flip for me.

Although not a fan of Carson at all, but he may stay strong yet.  I concede that I was wrong in thinking Carson is done for after the 3rd debate (mostly due to Cruz having a good night).  Though funnily enough, I also predict his rise after the first debate (not sure if I posted here).

Many candidates are praying Carson is done for.  However, if by the end of November, Carson and Trump still seize 50% or more in the poll.  What do you think happen then?

And is Carson really the Cain 2.0?  I meant they need something devastating like a sex scandal to bring Carson down.  Because even in his "worst" campaign week, the stuffs that they brought up is sort of weak (that was my thinking even before today).

Well, I think we will know about this in a few days time.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:37:07 AM »

It's also possible Carson has another meltdown before millions.
weixiaobao
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 10:37:39 AM »

It's also possible Carson has another meltdown before millions.

One could only hope.  I really really want to be wrong on this one.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 10:38:59 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2015, 10:40:55 AM by Bull Moose Base »

Aren't they already tied? Also, debates don't really matter.
weixiaobao
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 10:40:24 AM »

Aren't they already tied. Also, debates don't really matter.

The now isn't what matter.  Many across different forums and sites think Carson may going down big time for this.  While I think he may probably even increase in the poll and/or stay exactly where he is at.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 10:42:38 AM »

Aren't they already tied. Also, debates don't really matter.

The now isn't what matter.  Many across different forums and sites think Carson may going down big time for this.  While I think he may probably even increase in the poll and/or stay exactly where he is at.

I agree Carson probably won't be hurt by any of this and may be helped.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 07:34:45 AM »

There are the seeds of doubt that Carson maybe a pathological liar that spread around.

Sorry, but people understand that the biggest pathological liar of the bunch is Hillary Clinton. The sum total of the questionable statements made by Dr. Carson doesn't come close to the statement made by Mrs. Clinton regarding the reason for the attack on the embassy in Benghazi.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 08:14:23 AM »

It doesn't look like Carson overtakes Trump: http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-national-gop-primary
weixiaobao
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 11:24:24 AM »

It looks that way, but we only have 1 national poll so far.  2 if you count Reuters.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/polls/opinion-savvy-fox-13-florida-times-union-23130

This is like the highest that Carson get in Florida

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/polls/opinion-savvy-fox-5-atlanta-23131

Trump had far away lead in Georgia until now.

I maybe absolutely wrong.  But come on man, learn how to read the polls.

1 poll out and you already saying this.  And Rasmussen too, the last one said Trump losing big time while every other polls disagree.  Where was you then?

weixiaobao
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »

Sorry, but people understand that the biggest pathological liar of the bunch is Hillary Clinton. The sum total of the questionable statements made by Dr. Carson doesn't come close to the statement made by Mrs. Clinton regarding the reason for the attack on the embassy in Benghazi.

Your passive aggressive is funny.  Just said the bitch Clinton and be done with it.  You type a lot and none of it has anything to do with the GOP race.  How is that have to do anything with Cruz, Rubio, or Trump in the GOP race?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 12:55:51 PM »

We'll find out this coming week, I guess. We don't have any solid post-debate polls yet.

We're now 2 1/2 months from Iowa.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 01:41:02 PM »

Judging by some state polls-- flimsy evidence perhaps-- Carson's tanking with Cruz on the rise.
weixiaobao
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 02:05:04 PM »

Judging by some state polls-- flimsy evidence perhaps-- Carson's tanking with Cruz on the rise.

DID you not read my comments in regard to I MAY BE TOTALLY WRONG.

When I made the prediction.  I didn't factor in the crazy Trump's rant recently.

Now, I am thinking about Trump commit double suicide with Carson.

But then France happened, so who know how that will change people too.

But your prediction is align with mine right after the third debate.  But Carson continue to rise despite this.  It is crazy.
weixiaobao
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 02:06:37 PM »

Also, I didn't put those polls out as evidence that I am right.  I put those polls out to dismiss the person I responding to.  Because we simply don't have enough evidences right now.  And something so devastating as France just happen.  Whoever have the correct reaction (to the GOP's view of course) will be benefit the most.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 02:50:12 AM »

Your passive aggressive is funny.  Just said the bitch Clinton and be done with it.  You type a lot and none of it has anything to do with the GOP race.  How is that have to do anything with Cruz, Rubio, or Trump in the GOP race?

I was commenting on your initial comment that Ben Carson may be a pathological liar. I stand by my assertion that evidence seems to indicate that the biggest pathological liar in the bunch is Hillary Clinton. Do you disagree? And I'm sorry if the fact that she has a D next to her name instead of an R somehow makes my comment invalid.
weixiaobao
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 11:18:53 AM »

I was commenting on your initial comment that Ben Carson may be a pathological liar. I stand by my assertion that evidence seems to indicate that the biggest pathological liar in the bunch is Hillary Clinton. Do you disagree? And I'm sorry if the fact that she has a D next to her name instead of an R somehow makes my comment invalid.

I don't know Carson to judge.  But I am talking about perception toward the general populace.
It is well known that almost 100% Republicans don't trust her, and a small portion of the Democrats (probably the core supporters of Sanders).  So that is public perception. 

I don't care.  Politicians must play politics.  I care about effectiveness.

But seemed like I am wrong, Carson isn't Trump's kryptonite (thank gosh).  If Trump can clear the Cruz's hurdle.  It seemed inevitable now that Trump will either finish among the top 3.  If by next year, his #s still looking this great.  I think he would be in the top 2 until Iowa and New Hampshire voting start.

Trump isn't Perry, or flavor of the month.  Trump isn't Giuliani, in term of tactical failure.  And I will go on and said, Trump isn't Mitt Romney either.  Romney never quite dominate the way Trump is so far.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies