Office of Governor Türkisblau
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:58:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Governor Türkisblau  (Read 2303 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2015, 02:11:30 PM »
« edited: November 13, 2015, 08:26:45 PM by Pacific Governor Türkisblau »

Thread for announcements, citizens to make their voices heard, and responsibilities of the governor's office.

Welcome!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 04:20:17 PM »

I congratulate you on your victory. Best of luck.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 11:08:04 AM »

Executive Order #1

In order to preserve the fragile democracy of the Pacific, the Special Anti-Terrorism Operations Command (SAOC) is hereby dismantled. All members and collaborators to the SAOC are to be apprehended and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. This executive order will be carried out by the Pacific Regional Guard as well as state and local law and enforcement, with prosecution to be carried out by a special tribunal organized by the Chief Judicial Officer.

Former Governor Simfan34, ringleader of the SAOC, is to be apprehended if he returns to Pacific soil.

Executive Order #2

A full audit is to be conducted of the former Simfan34 administration and an ethics commission will be gathered to root out corruption that allowed the indiscretions that have occurred in the Pacific in recent months. This audit will include:

• Distribution of funding allocated to the Ensure Our Future Act 2015, the Farm Relief Act 2015, and all other major spending made by the Simfan34 administration
  • All former administration officials' personal finances
  • Efficiency of programs integral to the success of the Pacific working class

Executive Order #3

A commission made up of regional business and labor leaders will be created to assess the long-running Pacific Unemployment Crisis and find possible solutions.

Executive Order #4

Any form of discrimination based on race, sexuality or gender identity is prohibited within the Pacific federal government.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 11:16:06 AM »

On the Council

It has come to my attention that the October election for the Pacific Council never occurred, and Classic Conservative, Wulfric, and IndyRep all had their terms expire on November 4th. I will be consulting with CJO Ebowed on how to proceed.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 03:05:19 PM »

The fact Classic Conservative has been parading around finding new jobs and didn't even know his term expired is amazing! How was his confirmation hearing so easy???
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 10:16:16 PM »

I hereby appoint Bacon King, Nagas, and Tik to the vacant Pacific Council seats.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 09:15:53 PM »

Seeing as Bacon King is no longer interested in the council position, I appoint 1184AZ to the Pacific Council.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 07:50:28 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2015, 08:15:55 PM by Pacific Governor Türkisblau »

OFFICE OF PACIFIC GOVERNOR TÜRKISBLAU

San Francisco, California

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

GOVERNOR'S REACTION TO THE GRIFFIN ADMINISTRATION'S REFUGEE PLAN

After he had received the combative and dystopian refugee plan from Secretary of State Classic Conservative, Governor Türkisblau immediately called a press conference. Speaking to reporters on the steps of the capitol while waving a copy of the plan, he decried it as "immoral, bigoted, and tyrannical."

The chief concerns raised by Governor Türkisblau of the plan was the fact that it revives the antiquated and wholesale rejected quota system of the 1920's and brings a combative and uncooperative tone to Atlasian governors. A key part of Atlasia's federalist system is cooperation between the federal government and the regions, and approval was asked but the plan was made official before any governors could voice approval or disapproval. In fact, Türkisblau stated that he and other governors were told by Classic Conservative to go along with his plans or "face the consequences."

"Muslims are suffering too," the Governor said, "and blatant bigotry against them based on their religion is something that neither I nor this region will accept." His approval of allowing refugees and his hopes of having a comprehensive plan put together that brings the neediest into Atlasia, without discrimination, was made clear.

Governor Türkisblau ended the press conference by calling for President Griffin to either find a new Secretary of State or steer Classic Conservative into implementing foreign policy more in line with his own philosophy, as well as to put a stop to these actions that go against the morality of Atlasia and even more so the Labor Party.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 08:28:25 PM »

You toke my words out of context Mr. Governor. I said to the Governors earlier today that I would ask for their feedback and release the plan tomorrow but our friend who is the Governor of the Midwest announced false reports about the plan and forced my office to announce them today after citizens contacted myself. Mr. Governor you stated that Muslims are suffering which everyone knows but you should also know Muslims are being accepted into the country. I cooperated with regional governments and I received feedback from 2 of the governors but a few minutes ago I just received a blank PM with my message quoted so if that was a typo please resend the message. But even if I have to drop the refugees into the region by plane, I will Mr. Governor. Mark my word these refugees are coming into the Pacific.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 01:05:45 AM »

As a pro-life individual, I urge you to enact stringent laws protecting the unborn. This is a defining moral issue of our time and I hope our region will be on the right side of history.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 10:22:09 AM »

As a pro-life individual, I urge you to enact stringent laws protecting the unborn. This is a defining moral issue of our time and I hope our region will be on the right side of history.

Thank you for your concern, Potus. I helped pass restrictions on abortion during my time in the legislature and they were expanded on in past council sessions. I believe that I'm happy with the present legal status of abortion in our region.

If you would like the council to consider further abortion legislation, I would be happy to sponsor it for you.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 05:46:04 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2015, 05:52:17 PM by Governor Türkisblau »

On the Senate Vacancy

I would like to thank Lumine for his service representing the Pacific in the Senate; he has served in a great capacity during a time when most have begun to shirk their responsibilities. Please PM me if you are interested in being appointed to the Senate.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 06:40:40 PM »

I hereby appoint Ebowed to the vacant Regional Senator position.

Ebowed has served admirably at almost every level of Atlasian government and has held office for years, and I admire his ability to keep the Pacific Region together in dire times of crisis. I am confident that he will represent our region in the Atlasian Senate dutifully.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 06:41:58 PM »

Thank you, Governor.  It is an honor to serve the People of the Pacific Region in this capacity and I look forward to it!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 07:13:43 PM »

Wonderful choice Governor!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2015, 07:20:02 PM »

Congrats Ebowed
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 12:28:50 PM »

I am interested in normalizing my situation with the present Pacific authorities. What specific crimes am I accused of?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 03:15:20 PM »

I am interested in normalizing my situation with the present Pacific authorities. What specific crimes am I accused of?
Federal Crimes I believe
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 07:13:39 PM »

That is not specific.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2016, 01:48:12 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2016, 01:59:23 PM by Türkisblau »

Statement

When I came into the Governor's position, I thought that I could change things, especially with what seemed to be a rising tide of activity due to the Constitutional Convention. The game stalled out months ago, with minimal advancement in any direction. The Pacific particularly suffered.

The Pacific in its present state is not worth saving. No one in the region is interested in working in government, and I am certainly not going to continue in the time-honored Pacific tradition of keeping up a facade of activity while doing nothing of note.

The Constitutional Convention must finish their work. The Pacific right now is not worth saving, but a combined Pacific and Midwest should be able to function at a level that would be fair to both the region's political leaders and citizens. The Convention has been going on for ages and is presently moving at a snail's pace. No major action should take place without the Convention finishing their work and introducing consolidation.

I am certainly not interested in grandstanding against President Griffin's plans because I do not care what happens to the Pacific and neither do her residents. The Senate and the President can come up with whatever pretend solution they want to solve a problem that is presently unsolvable.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 03:41:31 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2016, 04:08:10 PM by Ebowed »

I am certainly not interested in grandstanding against President Griffin's plans because I do not care what happens to the Pacific and neither do her residents. The Senate and the President can come up with whatever pretend solution they want to solve a problem that is presently unsolvable.

I will no longer be dignifying the President with responses in regards to the Senate Committee.  He is unable and unwilling to process viewpoints contrary to his own and therefore it is not feasible for him to have 'full reign' over the Pacific - or, frankly, anything else - and for this reason I cannot, in good conscience, vote to give him the singular authority he craves.  His paranoid conjecture aside, he complains about the lack of activity in the Senate, Atlasia's premier legislative body, (despite my own efforts to keep the Senate moving), while lambasting the idea that for a small region such as the Pacific, a universal legislature could ever work; when, as the past record shows, it has, and it was far more successful than his nonsense elected legislature.  His decrying of the federal legislative body while demanding further legislative bodies elsewhere is either brilliant performance art or just the standard lack of self awareness we have come to expect from a President who has presided over a period of mismanaged decline.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies