Who won the undercard debate? November 10th edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:19:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who won the undercard debate? November 10th edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won?
Chris Christie

Mike Huckabee

Rick Santorum

Bobby Jindal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Who won the undercard debate? November 10th edition  (Read 1181 times)
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2015, 08:17:23 PM »

For me, it was Christie.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 08:19:06 PM »

No, it was Huckabee. I'll elaborate on why I think Christie was the biggest disappointment of any of the debates so far.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 08:20:08 PM »

Chris Christie was godly as usual, but "price of bread" lol Huckabee - almost died
zs4321
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 08:20:14 PM »

Huckabee won.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 08:24:16 PM »

Huckabee: B+: Did quite well when actually given time. He wasn't as canned and faux folksy as usual.

Jindal: C: Was a total asshole, like usual, but he dominated the discussion, and was allowed to outright lie at many times. Jindal will be the overall winner when it comes to who gets the most buzz, but Christie and Huck are probably going back to the big boy table next time around.

Christie: C: Christie had several opportunities, time and time again, to smash Jindal so bad that he could have ended up with Pataki, Graham, and Gilmore. He did not do so, and instead actually dismissed real issues in the name of "being electable." He ought to have attacked Jindal, destroyed his record, followed by propping up his own record, and then go after Hillary, in that order. It would have made Jindal look petty.

Santorum: F: I still forget he's running.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 08:29:11 PM »

Everyone was terrible. I'm sure Christie will be heralded as the new Great Republican Hope since he yelled at Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama a lot, though. I just voted for Santorum. He also did terribly but he was the least repulsive to me personally this time.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 08:33:54 PM »

Christie's awkward attempt to pander on the Federal reserve was one of the more cringeworthy moments, so nobody won in my mind.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 08:55:41 PM »

I actually don't think Santorum did that badly. Jindal did his best to derail the debate. I think it would have been a whole lot more substantive without him in there, really.

But Huck and Christie were really a cut above. They showed that there is a clear divide between the top 10 candidates and the rest of the field.

I was really intrigued by the "which Democrat in Congress do you admire" question in particular and was quite disappointed that nobody gave an answer; even Huckabee didn't give an answer after chiding Jindal for not answering.
Horsemask

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 08:56:45 PM »

I actually don't think Santorum did that badly. Jindal did his best to derail the debate. I think it would have been a whole lot more substantive without him in there, really.

But Huck and Christie were really a cut above. They showed that there is a clear divide between the top 10 candidates and the rest of the field.

I was really intrigued by the "which Democrat in Congress do you admire" question in particular and was quite disappointed that nobody gave an answer; even Huckabee didn't give an answer after chiding Jindal for not answering.

I was disappointed by that as well.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 09:45:33 PM »

I wish somebody had answered Angus King.
Horsemask

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 09:49:57 PM »

I wish somebody had answered Angus King.

Well technically speaking he is an independent who caucuses with the Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies