What are your views on anarchism?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:47:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What are your views on anarchism?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What are your views on anarchism?  (Read 3067 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 03:09:30 PM »

I'm not interested in TNF's whole embrace of the propaganda of a dead regime, so here's my view of anarchism, it's a delusional ideology for delusional people, who's fail to get some basic fact about how human beings works. Of course they're less bad than the right wing version of anarchism, whose ideology is at best just neo-feudalism and at worst warlordism. At least the real left wing anarchist have the excuse that they think human beings works fundamental different from how we really work, and doesn't just embrace some kind of rule of the strongest.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 08:46:46 PM »

It's worth pointing out that the people defining the legal term "genocide" included...the USSR, who insisted that it not include killing people for political reasons but only ethnic or religious reasons specifically to prevent that charge from getting levied against them, and that Raphael Lemkin, the originator of "genocide" as a word, was horrified that the Soviets managed to define the term in a way to excuse their own actions in Ukraine etc.

Also, even by the ethnic definition, rounding up over twenty two thousand of the intellectual, political, military, and economic leaders of Poland, shipping them off to a secluded forest near Smolensk, shooting them and shoving them in a mass grave, and then claiming that the Nazis did it once the crime was uncovered is pretty blatantly a crime against the Polish nationality.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 04:05:14 PM »

It's a shame TNF has left the thread, I'd really like his perspective on the Katyn Massacre and the intentional murder of 22,000+ Polish prisoners of war six months after their capture, many of whom were civilians, and how this attempted decapitation of the Polish nation and attempt to destroy Polish culture doesn't rise to the level of "genocide," especially when put into the context of the many other crimes the USSR committed against Polish Soviet citizens and the citizens of occupied Poland in World War II, many of which crimes were committed during the period 1939-1941 when the Soviets were working as very happy allies of Nazi Germany and certainly not as "liberators from fascist oppression" or any such nonsense.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 09:29:37 PM »

It's a shame TNF has left the thread, I'd really like his perspective on the Katyn Massacre and the intentional murder of 22,000+ Polish prisoners of war six months after their capture, many of whom were civilians, and how this attempted decapitation of the Polish nation and attempt to destroy Polish culture doesn't rise to the level of "genocide," especially when put into the context of the many other crimes the USSR committed against Polish Soviet citizens and the citizens of occupied Poland in World War II, many of which crimes were committed during the period 1939-1941 when the Soviets were working as very happy allies of Nazi Germany and certainly not as "liberators from fascist oppression" or any such nonsense.

I do recall a certain USSR induced famine in Ukraine as well.....
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2015, 08:01:22 AM »

I don't really understand the leftist varieties of anarchism--I mean, I think anarcho-capitalism is unworkable in reality, but how on earth could you have some form of communism without a massive government, or an entity with the same powers of government?

It would never work in practice, and any large-scale anarchist experiment would result in a retrogression in terms of social organization for human beings.

The irony of this post is so extreme it's probably visible from space. The irony of this post is so extreme it measures on the Richter Scale. The irony of this post is so extreme that, in the future, people will sing songs and write poems about just how massively ironic this post is.

Also, I'm flabbergasted at how TNF literally defended g genocide. You, Sir, have descended into Jeb! levels of self-parody.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 08:09:30 AM »

I don't really understand the leftist varieties of anarchism--I mean, I think anarcho-capitalism is unworkable in reality, but how on earth could you have some form of communism without a massive government, or an entity with the same powers of government?
It's called democracy, I'm sure you've heard of it.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2015, 08:17:37 AM »

Technically communism by definition lacks a state. They normally advocate for a complete abolition of state along with money, markets, taxation and other such stuff. It's easier to think of anarchism as absence of a state, rather than absence of governance.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2015, 10:43:40 AM »

It's pretty f[inks]ing stupid.

Actually all ideologies except social democracy and American liberalism are.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2015, 12:59:10 PM »

You mean Communist anarchism sounds insane?

Seriously though, what is this thread. Communist regimes literally murdered millions and millions of people. That is genocide.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2015, 01:43:58 PM »

Because anarchism - like communism - is a utopian ideology. The hope/belief is that when the revolution happens there will be a change in the condition of humanity (etc) and a state of perfect unity will be reached.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2015, 02:34:49 PM »

I like private control over government control for most services, but I don't want private police/military/etc.

That isn't what anarchy is. Anarchy is the absence of the policy/military/etc, not privatized versions of them.

So I'm assuming everyone would have to rely on self-defense?
Have you even heard of the Free Territory of Ukraine? Or at least Anarchist Catalonia?

I've heard of those places, and I would rather live in Nationalist Spain or Tsarist Russia.  They had armed forces, and I imagine that there had to be some sort of leadership in the militias.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2015, 06:11:30 PM »

I like private control over government control for most services, but I don't want private police/military/etc.

That isn't what anarchy is. Anarchy is the absence of the policy/military/etc, not privatized versions of them.

Have you even heard of the Free Territory of Ukraine? Or at least Anarchist Catalonia?

I've heard of those places, and I would rather live in Nationalist Spain or Tsarist Russia.  They had armed forces, and I imagine that there had to be some sort of leadership in the militias.
You won't get a word more from me, Herr Fascist.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2015, 07:21:52 PM »

You won't get a word more from me, Herr Fascist.

Lol!  Just because I think that living in Spain post 1939 is better than living in Revolutionary Catalonia doesn't mean that I think Franco's Spain was ideal.  I'd probably be trying to get out of that situation too.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2015, 08:17:51 PM »

It's called democracy, I'm sure you've heard of it.

...Which is a forum of government. It's also a pretty horrible one, assuming you're talking about pure mob rule.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies