Paris Attacks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:02:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Paris Attacks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14
Author Topic: Paris Attacks  (Read 34799 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2015, 04:25:28 AM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jb_5QlLQQH8

This is really adorable
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2015, 04:38:04 AM »

Those bloody guys screwed the end of my night, this is what you get when you sleep with radio.

Confirmed informations:

2 killed.

1 got by a sniper, 1 is the bomb belt woman that tried to retaliate to this.

'Other not yet confirmed informations':

The assault would be finished but operation still going on, security checking.

A 3rd guy would have been killed in the flat.

2 policemen injured.

An other flat would have been inspected 500m from the main one, 3 people arrested without problem.

2 other person would have been arrested in the street, 1 would be the guy to whom they rented the flat.

Apparently, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the guy about which I posted a fancy pic yesterday could be outthere. The guy loved to publicly make fun of authorities about the fact he can travel between Syria and Europe whenever he wanted. He might find it less funny, or even more, if so.

Assault began at 4h30 am, last big blasts been heard at 7h30 am (this is 'what' awoke me).

Took place in the center of Saint-Denis, northern Parisian suburb, 800m from Stade de France.

Stay safe out there, my French comrade.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #302 on: November 18, 2015, 04:42:45 AM »

The target of the operation was Abdelhamid Abaaoud who turns out not to have been in Syria at all.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2015, 04:53:12 AM »

The target of the operation was Abdelhamid Abaaoud who turns out not to have been in Syria at all.

Source ?

All articles I've read said that he was in Syria.

Besides, it doesn't make much difference: You don't need to be in Syria to be a terrorist mastermind. Spending time in Iraq, Yemen etc. do it as well.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #304 on: November 18, 2015, 04:56:22 AM »

Its what they're saying on the news.

(edit: ah but this could be a comprehension issue: I mean 'turns out not to have been in Syria right now not ever')
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2015, 06:36:25 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2015, 06:38:03 AM by Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay »

So, assault over, everybody 'neutralized':

Official infos:

2 dead terrorists
7 arrested

Did last 7 hours, from 4h30 am to 11h30 am.

No clue about whether Abdelhamid was in it, one of the dead guys had the head blast by sniper.

Identites of others not known either.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2015, 06:48:40 AM »

Those bloody guys screwed the end of my night, this is what you get when you sleep with radio.

Confirmed informations:

2 killed.

1 got by a sniper, 1 is the bomb belt woman that tried to retaliate to this.

'Other not yet confirmed informations':

The assault would be finished but operation still going on, security checking.

A 3rd guy would have been killed in the flat.

2 policemen injured.

An other flat would have been inspected 500m from the main one, 3 people arrested without problem.

2 other person would have been arrested in the street, 1 would be the guy to whom they rented the flat.

Apparently, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the guy about which I posted a fancy pic yesterday could be outthere. The guy loved to publicly make fun of authorities about the fact he can travel between Syria and Europe whenever he wanted. He might find it less funny, or even more, if so.

Assault began at 4h30 am, last big blasts been heard at 7h30 am (this is 'what' awoke me).

Took place in the center of Saint-Denis, northern Parisian suburb, 800m from Stade de France.

Stay safe out there, my French comrade.

Well, bullits don't cross radio and hardly make 400km then it's ok. ^^

Thanks though.

Well:

3 arrested guys would have been caught in the flat
2 others been taken under the crumble due to the girl suicide bombing
2 others are the one whom they rented to flat to and someone of his relatives

So, everything seems safe now.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #307 on: November 18, 2015, 06:59:08 AM »

It's been taken down, but I'm guessing it was the Asian looking dude with his son talkin' 'bout "bad guys" and flowers?  If so, yes, beyond adorable.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #308 on: November 18, 2015, 07:04:07 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2015, 07:07:53 AM by Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay »

It's been taken down, but I'm guessing it was the Asian looking dude with his son talkin' 'bout "bad guys" and flowers?  If so, yes, beyond adorable.

I had the same reflexion when I saw it yesterday, but, yes it was, the journalist didn't intervene between them.

A Disney movie couldn't have done it better. Too easy to trick kids though. Grin

Ah, and, well, since everything seems to be really safe now.

Smiley
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2015, 07:16:27 AM »

Aww, it's been finished right before a planned speech of Hollande to a conference to 'French Mayors'.

French are so good at organization.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #310 on: November 18, 2015, 01:49:10 PM »

Procureur de la République de Paris:

Assault:

The commando from Saint-Denis would have been ready to make an other attack

Had to face a reinforced door, that resisted to explosives.
Has been about one hour shooting.
5.000 bullits used...by police only.

...wow.

2 dead people only confirmed, only the media speaks about a 3rd one.
8 people under arrest, 7 guys one girl.
Neither Abaaoud nor Abdeslam are amongst arrested ones.

The media said the suicide bomb girl would be Abaaoud cousin, a French 26 girl, it's her that has been spoted, she was under tapping forr 3 different reasons (one being drugs...).

The procureur also said about 830 policemen are working on all of this, confirmed the 3 cars, and the 3 different 'conspirative accomodations' as they say.

The policemen also said they never saw that before, 'unbelievable fire'.

110 policemen engaged in the assault.

5 policemen slightly injured during assault.

And, well, an 'assault dog' been killed (I wouldn't be surprised it, well, she, 'Diesel', receives a medal or something by the president or so ^^)

The blast did totally cracked the 3rd floor (where they were apparently) down, and the investigations can be delayed cause the building could be crumbling.

Then there was an...organization.

Also, so far, could mean that Abaaoud and Abdeslam could still be walking somewhere...
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #311 on: November 18, 2015, 07:31:34 PM »

Oh Turkey.....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/11/18/turkish_soccer_fans_boo_moment_of_silence_for_paris_some_chant_allahu_akbar.html
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #312 on: November 19, 2015, 01:43:27 AM »

And a guy was screaming Muslims suck during a moment of silence during the Packers game. There are assholes everywhere.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #313 on: November 19, 2015, 05:37:12 AM »

Sbame tell me about it, former friends of mine have been threatening me, a Muslim family got shot at 45 minutes away, Anti-Muslim rhetoric and sentiments have gone up 1K fold over this.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #314 on: November 19, 2015, 05:39:14 AM »

Some are not helping this not to happen either, what happened in Turkey also happened in Bosnia.

I don't understand much the logic  behind those Erdogan supporters though.

Ah and, meanwhile in Marseille...

A girl wearing niqab has been attacked yesterday in subway, called a terrorist

A teacher from a Jewish school has been stabbed yesterday by 3 guys, one was wearing an 'IS t shirt' ('lol', they have goodies and stores?). Life of the guy is safe.

And I don't speak about all the other attacks and aggressions against anything and anybody that looked Muslim that occured since that brilliant episode.

Oh and, meanwhile in politics...

Today they gonna vote a 3 months extension to emergency stàte before the change of the Constitution. Some deputies from both the left and the right are trying to pass media censorship bills.

And all the big rallies that were planned to pressure leaders and try to rise popular support during the COP 21 have been cancelled by authorities, so, yeah, you won't see any big march in Paris this time...

Not that people would really bother speaking about climate now anyways, but, terrorism is cool isn't it?

So fancier than climate anyhow...

Welcome in France...

Oh and two good ones heard yesterday about the Abaaoud family, first on Abdelhamid, about the fact he could have been in Saint-Denis/Paris, asking nervously to an 'intelligence expert' or something:

'It's unbelievable, it's like if Ben Laden was walking in Brooklyn 2 days after 9/11!'

Lol, kinda true

And about the cutey cousin...

Hasma Aitboulahcen

From sarcastic radio show on France Inter (led by, lol, 2 fancy Belgians, we're surrounded...):

'Well, I hope she's Lesbian, because when she gonna discover her 72 virgins...'

The girl would have given a call before her blast according to several media, to be continued then...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #315 on: November 19, 2015, 06:07:27 AM »

It's a shame that France's secularism caused this verse of the original La Marseillaise to not make it into the official anthem.  It seems appropriate to the moment.
Dieu de clémence et de justice
Vois nos tyrans, juge nos coeurs
Que ta bonté nous soit propice
Défends-nous de ces oppresseurs
Défends-nous de ces oppresseurs
Tu règnes au ciel et sur terre
Et devant Toi, tout doit fléchir
De ton bras, viens nous soutenir
Toi, grand Dieu, maître du tonnerre.

Aux armes, citoyens,
Formez vos bataillons,
Marchons, marchons !
Qu'un sang impur
Abreuve nos sillons !
          God of mercy and justice
See our tyrants, judge our hearts
Thy goodness be with us
Defend us from these oppressors
Defend us from these oppressors
You reign in heaven and on earth
And before You all must bend
In your arms, come support us
You Great God, Lord of the thunder.

To arms, citizens,
Form your battalions,
March on, march on!
Let an impure blood
Water our furrows!

Oh and, just randomly fell back on it, from a French cultural perspective, it's a shame it even existed!

So far from French cultural standards...

Far more fitting American zealots'

Or, lol, Muslim ones...

We're the last resistance against all of you zealots...

The pity being that this is in part how anti-Muslim stuffs 'hide', the 'brilliant French secularism' against 'all the obscure zealots'...

Kinda the same possible twist than with La Marseillaise then...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #316 on: November 19, 2015, 08:24:13 AM »

Well, they were in family till the end, the other dead person in Saint-Denis officially was Abdelhamid Abaaoud, operational brain of all 'Jihadist' terror attacks in Europe in the 2010s.

Then Abdelslam would still be somewhere...
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #317 on: November 19, 2015, 11:52:44 AM »

Another picture of the female terrorist, probably from two years ago or so.

So, what happened with her?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #318 on: November 19, 2015, 12:56:02 PM »

Well, they were in family till the end, the other dead person in Saint-Denis officially was Abdelhamid Abaaoud, operational brain of all 'Jihadist' terror attacks in Europe in the 2010s.

Apparently officials were convinced he was outside of Europe until very recently. It'll be interesting to know of his whereabouts over the past year if they can find that out.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #319 on: November 20, 2015, 06:51:20 AM »

Apparently officials were convinced he was outside of Europe until very recently. It'll be interesting to know of his whereabouts over the past year if they can find that out.

Well, yesterday maybe I was a bit ambitious for those both guys.

First Abaaoud, the guy wasn't behind all terror attacks in Europe in the 2010s, I might have mixed it up with his fancy city of Molenbeek when typing, but his been behind several serious attempts, including the Thalys, and, well, this.

And about the fact that the guy could have screwed, and several times the European intelligences, yeah, it seems there is a....problem, it was a big fish, and politicians keep annoying people with all kinds of Patriot act since Charlie and then...this?

Bernard Cazeneuve yesterday was kinda angry about all the so glorious results of all European intelligences,and goes on the same tone to Bruxelles today to speak about that.

Apparently there was several communication flaws between different European services, so it's not sure that they 'find that out'.

Hey guys, what about creating a European Intelligence Service??

Crazyyyyyyyyyyy!

What an idea!

Hey, not even sure they will manage that out, hope so though, just heard on radio that someone, then it might be someone important, asked for it.

Oh, and what's the best part of the story?

It would be Morocan intelligence gave the info about Abaaoud being in France....

Maybe I was too ambitious about Abdeslam walking somewher too, it's been officially confirmed that a 3rd dead person has been found in the building crumbling, then if that's him he woukd hardly still walk...

About the cutey, well, I prefer her with a veil I think, that girl seems to have bee...something.

Well, as I said, she was under 3 tapping procedures, apparently 2 for those fancy activities from different kinds of procedures and one for drugs traficking.

She also had a construction company, well, officially at least, dunno whether it was a screen, that went bankruptcy.

Apparently it was a quite nervous girl, which was the 'normal young girl in jeans who suddenly turned into niqab at one point' according to her relatives.

And that fancy cousin apparently was in deep need of Jihad and apparently was even tellingto her neighboors she wanted to go Syria.

Those brilliant guys might have fallen because of a gîrl, as always...

Ah and, she officially earned the title of '1st suicide bomb girl in France', who said that radical Islamism was against femenism?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #320 on: November 20, 2015, 07:45:23 AM »

Ah, and, meanwhile in Lyon...

Municipality of Lyon decided to cancel the very popular and kinda unique in the world, maybe even the biggest of that kind, Fête des Lumières...

They don't make it there then I'm making here, given what happens here, and now Mali too, a bit of beauty is not too much, such things would precisely be what people need, something to regenerate the mind to go on.

F**k after the end of the assault personally I felt like kinda liberated, and yesterday was the first 'unmediastressed' day and it was a pleasure.

Would have been a beautiful answer to terror.

If we defend life we should let life, well, live.

Well, instead of that, the municipality calls people to put some candels to their window 'as a tribute to victims'.

Well, they are not especially inventive because that's how this celebration originally happenened when it was still only a kind of religious celebration of the city of Lyon.

Those guys manage to bring us back to our religious origins all the way, kudos.

Angel of Death
« Reply #321 on: November 22, 2015, 02:42:55 PM »

Belgium seems to be going bonkers now.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #322 on: November 22, 2015, 04:03:25 PM »

They should, the connection to so many terror attack to a single neighbourhood show that Belgium do have some problems on this issue.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #323 on: November 23, 2015, 10:28:13 AM »

Sbame tell me about it, former friends of mine have been threatening me, a Muslim family got shot at 45 minutes away, Anti-Muslim rhetoric and sentiments have gone up 1K fold over this.

And yet you still vote Republican.  Yeah, that'll teach those bigots!

Might want to consider voting for people who won't even use the word Islam when talking about terrorists.

The founders of the country gave you a powerful tool to defend yourself against unconstitutional attacks.  It's called voting... not "poor me" forum posts.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #324 on: November 23, 2015, 10:34:13 AM »

They should, the connection to so many terror attack to a single neighbourhood show that Belgium do have some problems on this issue.

From my understanding over the years Belgium is known as the place to get a gun in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies