Paris Attacks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:19:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Paris Attacks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paris Attacks  (Read 35190 times)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« on: November 13, 2015, 07:08:14 PM »

I think France is overreacting, using its power disproportionally. They should meet the perpetrators halfway in their demands. Time for the US to pressure islamophobic France to do so.

Oh wait. Nobody says this if the victims are non-Jews.
Shut up now.  People are being murdered right now.  No one cares about you trolling.

Yeah, the anonymity of the web allows extremists to post all kinds of filth.  I am truly stunned.  I am shocked by this tragedy and I logged in to see what people were saying.  I never imaged I would read trash like that.  Can't people take a break while innocent people are being slaughtered for no reason?
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 10:02:02 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

When aggressors do the bidding of foreign powers by killing people and breaking things in your country you are at war.  It is not something you get to vote on.  France and most of the EU in general has played the nice guy and accepted ISIS' refugees at great personal cost.  That didn't solve the problem.  You can't just have everyone in the Middle East move to Europe and assume that what is happening in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon, Palestine, etc will just burn itself out and cause you no more troubles.  France, the EU, NATO, and the UN need to come up with a plan for the Middle East.  This craziness has gone on for too long.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »

I came here to speak about a smiling thing and there it went...

It's not because a bunch of guys, or even a few thousands far away, decide to drag you on the war path that you have to be silly enough to follow their 'advice'...

It's been a proud glorious thing in Afghanistan after 9/11, right?

Are you saying you wish the United States didn't get dragged into WWII?  Or am I misunderstanding you?

Simply saying war has been declared on us does not define what your response is.  War has been declared an infinite number of times throughout history.  There have been an infinite number of responses some violent some diplomatic.  And there have been an infinite number of outcomes... some good, some bad.  But burying your head in the sand usually doesn't result in good things.  It's nice that the EU in general opened its doors and gave a ton of refugees a comfortable pillow to lay their heads upon but that isn't going to solve the problem.  You are taking a paracetamol for a broken leg.  Time to deal with that broken leg... and, no, amputation is not the only solution.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 10:28:13 AM »

Sbame tell me about it, former friends of mine have been threatening me, a Muslim family got shot at 45 minutes away, Anti-Muslim rhetoric and sentiments have gone up 1K fold over this.

And yet you still vote Republican.  Yeah, that'll teach those bigots!

Might want to consider voting for people who won't even use the word Islam when talking about terrorists.

The founders of the country gave you a powerful tool to defend yourself against unconstitutional attacks.  It's called voting... not "poor me" forum posts.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 10:34:13 AM »

They should, the connection to so many terror attack to a single neighbourhood show that Belgium do have some problems on this issue.

From my understanding over the years Belgium is known as the place to get a gun in Europe.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies