How should Marijuana be governed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:32:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  How should Marijuana be governed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -
It should remain Illegal for both medical/recreational purposes

Legal only for medical purposes only

It should be Decrliminized/legal for medical purpose

It should be Decrliminized/ illegal for medical use

Legal for both Recreational and Medical use

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: How should Marijuana be governed  (Read 1948 times)
wolfsblood07
United States

« on: November 14, 2015, 08:40:36 PM »

I voted legal only for medical purposes.  Marijuana is a dangerous drug, and we should not coddle a bunch of potheads who want to be able to light up any time they want to.  Do we want to be a clean nation where people live responsibly and productively?  Dope will rot your brain. 
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 07:52:28 PM »

A lot of people don't realize that legalizing pot will have disastrous consequences.  First of all more people will use it, and it is a gateway to harder drugs like cocaine and meth.  So then you have more people who can't get jobs because they are stoned and incompetent.  More crime too.  You want to talk about rising health care and insurance premiums?  All of us will be paying for those who want to get stoned.
This is a spoiled rotten generation that does not know what the WWII generation sacrificed.  As the WWII generation dies out, we get this generation that grew up without respect for law and order.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 09:51:45 PM »

There's never an option for me! I want it to be decriminalized, but still illegal. That is to say, you won't go to jail for possession, but if caught with it you'll be fined and/or the goods confiscated from yourself!
 My reasoning:
1. Government is supposed to provide for the common defense and general welfare. It harms others for a nation to be filled with drug users who can freely and openly use them.
2. It is simply too expensive to have such a high incarceration rate.

Maybe it could be a crime only if someone is caught with a large amount.
I like keeping it illegal because it should not lose the stigma of being a mind altering drug.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies