Will Paris tragedy bring an end to silly season in the GOP primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:52:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Paris tragedy bring an end to silly season in the GOP primary?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Will Paris tragedy bring an end to silly season in the GOP primary?  (Read 3042 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2015, 11:32:55 AM »

The usual douchebags already started talking about how if there was no gun control then the armed French citizens would have prevented the tragedy.
So the answer is no.
bobloblaw
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »

The usual douchebags already started talking about how if there was no gun control then the armed French citizens would have prevented the tragedy.
So the answer is no.

I dont necessarily think armed citizens would have stopped the massacre but it is clear that gun bans dont prevent massacres.
bobloblaw
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 11:47:35 AM »

It's sad but you know when speaking with someone last night about this awful tragedy we remarked at how silly the Republican food fight has been.  I mean after a discussion about Syria and the Middle East in general the next logical topic was how completely unserious the Republican front runners are.  It's really unbelievable at times like this the majority of Republican voters think we need Trump or Carson at the helm.  Just sad.

you were speaking with someone? Someone in your liberal bubble?

WTF?!  You don't know where I live, who my family members are, who my coworkers are, and who my friends are.

Stop posting lies, troll.

If you think that liberals are more serious than conservatives in dealing with this, yes, you live in a liberal leftwing bubble

It has nothing to do with liberals nor conservatives.  You lied about me.  I don't care if someone has the same political beliefs as me or completely disagrees with me.  If they lie about me I am going to have a problem with it.  Go troll someone else.

you live in a liberal bubble.....period
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 11:55:29 AM »

I think this will have quite the effect on the GOP primary. Quite the effect indeed...
bobloblaw
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2015, 11:58:16 AM »

I think this will have quite the effect on the GOP primary. Quite the effect indeed...

If true, the refugees have committed acts of terror far faster than I anticipated.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2015, 11:59:19 AM »

This won't directly affect the general election but the chain of events that follows might.

Tonight, Sanders is likely to say that the Iraq War which Hillary voted to authorize played a big part in the regional instability that helped foster the rise of ISIL. But she'll probably avoid damage.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2015, 12:31:44 PM »

Coming soon after strong calls for a moderate stance on immigration (or what passes for one in the GOP) from Bush and Kasich, how does this affect the GOP primary candidates polling, and the primaries themselves in a couple months?

I see a couple axes that it can effect:

the broader issue of immigration

terrorism and the threat of it

the war in Syria, particularly if France chooses to get involved, or invokes Article 5
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 01:22:58 PM »

This won't directly affect the general election but the chain of events that follows might.

Tonight, Sanders is likely to say that the Iraq War which Hillary voted to authorize played a big part in the regional instability that helped foster the rise of ISIL. But she'll probably avoid damage.

The Iraq War has been litigated and Clinton has already stated that she regrets her vote.
If anything it might make the security-concerned voters to gravitate more towards her because of her experience as SoS.
bobloblaw
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2015, 01:29:26 PM »

The Iraq War has been litigated and Clinton has already stated that she regrets her vote.
If anything it might make the security-concerned voters to gravitate more towards her because of her experience as SoS.

Security minded voters havent gravitated towards the Dems since 1960.
weixiaobao
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2015, 11:30:21 PM »

Someone mentioned the gun thing in the other thread.

http://www.rfa.org/english/news/uyghur/attack-09302015174319.html

This is a muslim separatist/terrorist attack in China that kill 50 people using knives.  (Hint hint, compare the Tibetian Buddhist separatist movement with the Xinjiang Muslim movement, which is way more bloody and involved civilians casualties more?).

In this situation, they are using knives.  The video that I posted before, Thunderf00t was saying that terrorists using guns are way more effective than bombing in term of the # of casualties.  And of course, I do give the right wing one credit is the attempt terrorist attack on the Texas Mohamed drawing contest only resulted in the deaths of the terrorists and no one else.  Thank to the armed guard.

If in the future, we see more of these gun attacks by terrorists, I really have to questioned how effective is gun control in term of the black market.  USA of course, have tremendous mass shooting per capita than in Europe, in favor of the gun ban argument.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS for the GOP, whoever in the next few days came out as the toughest guy, will probably most benefited from the incident.  Trump definitely not hurt from this.
bobloblaw
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2015, 05:41:12 PM »

The silly season was the Dem debate last night. They cant even bring themselves to say who the enemy is. Muslim Extremism......Dems either must be going for the ISIS vote or think that all muslims support ISIS and thus will be offended.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2015, 08:46:33 PM »

If anything this hurts Carson the most, followed by Rubio, which means that Trump stands the most to gain since those two are are his biggest threats, though Cruz could quickly become one as well.

One doesn't have to be politically experienced to gain the "experienced hand in tough times" mantle. Wilkie did that effectively in 1940 because his primary opponents were isolationists and the one guy who was not, was under 40 and of limited experience. Simply by being older and for a tough stance, Wilkie benefited from the German blitzkrieg of France. The same could end up being in play for Trump versus Cruz. Trump is older of the two candidates with a tough stance on immigration.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2015, 08:55:39 PM »

The GOP is officially a clownish party. I bet you the candidates only bring up "all Muslims are evil" and muh guns as ways to counter this, and it will help Trump/Cruz/morons
bobloblaw
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2015, 09:03:55 PM »

The GOP is officially a clownish party. I bet you the candidates only bring up "all Muslims are evil" and muh guns as ways to counter this, and it will help Trump/Cruz/morons

The clowns are the party that cannot even bring themselves to say "Islamic Extremism" because they are so indoctrinated with cultural marxism and the belief that anyone not saxon or anglo saxon is a victim.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2015, 09:08:33 PM »

The clowns are the party that cannot even bring themselves to say "Islamic Extremism" because they are so indoctrinated with cultural marxism and the belief that anyone not saxon or anglo saxon is a victim.
Ah "cultura marxism". Google image that phrase to see who came up with that conspiracy.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2015, 09:14:09 PM »

I sure hope so because this is a serious election. We have an economy in stagnation and a world in turmoil. Donald Trump believes in appeasing our enemies, destroying our alliances, and making our competitors enemies. Ben Carson hasn't the slightest idea what is going on. Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, John Kasich, Rand Paul, Carly Fiorina, and Chris Christie have all demonstrated an understanding of foreign policy. Each has a different approach to foreign affairs, but they at least understand the world. I don't agree with Rand Paul on foreign policy, but the others I mentioned would be effective and steady leaders on foreign affairs. Chris Christie is not a fiscal conservative, he's a crony capitalist so that's why he doesn't have my vote. John Kasich, Carly Fiorina, and Marco Rubio just aren't as good as Jeb Bush, that's why I'm not for them.
bobloblaw
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2015, 09:46:06 PM »

Ah "cultura marxism". Google image that phrase to see who came up with that conspiracy.

The liberal belief that anyone not a white hetrosexual male is oppressed and should unite against the current oppressive capitalist system. You OTOH sound like the mafia bosses who ere hauled before congress in the early 1970s and denied the very existence of the mafia. You cant refute it, so deny it even exists.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies